ii. Eleven

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a double update! Please check back on the previous chapter!

 

===

 

“Oppa, you asked me out?” Sohyun tucks a wild strand of her blonde hair behind her right ear before taking off her black leather shoulder bag from her shoulder and slipping into the seat opposite Chanhee at a cafe before placing her bag on her lap.

 

“You’re calling me oppa?!” Chanhee raises his eyebrows jokingly.

“What the heck happened over the past five years what did you do with the manly Kwon Sohyun?”

 

Sohyun smacks Chanhee on his arm hard, rolling her eyes. “Shut up I’ve always been girly and gentle for god’s sake”

 

“Right...” Chanhee mused as he looks away, sniggering.

 

He probably spoke too soon, Byunghun’s best friend is still as violent and sharp tongued as ever.

 

“Since you asked me out, today’s drinks are on you.” Sohyun grins as she leafed through the menu before ordering a glass of iced fruit punch.

“So… what do you want from me?”

 

Chanhee takes a sip of his cappuccino from the cup and wipes away the foam on his upper lip before placing his hands on his lap.

“Yeah about that… I heard from Jonghyun that you told him Byunghun went into hiding. Do you actually know why he went into hiding or any details behind Chanhun’s adoption.”

 

“You guys must be kidding me, first Jonghyun and now you.” Sohyun was frustrated, why was everyone coming to her to ask about Byunghun. It’s not as though she was his personal assistant and what makes everyone think that boy would tell her everything. Truth is Sohyun is still mad at her best friend for disappearing and not even bothering to contact her nor inform her about his whereabouts or life updates at all. He didn’t even say goodbye before leaving for a whole year.

 

“Honestly, you won’t be able to get anything from me because he never told me anything. He didn’t even say goodbye he just disappeared and went into hiding for a year. The next time I saw him, Chanhun was already nearly a year old. In fact we met by chance and he wanted to walk away and pretend we were strangers but do you think I would just let him go like that?” Sohyun stirs her fruit punch with her green straw as she watched the ice swirl and rattle about in the glass.

“If you want to know where Chanhun came from, he told me the child was adopted. I do find it fishy but I never got any more information out of him.”

 

There was a moment of silence as Chanhee bites his lower lip, his mind buried deep in his own thoughts.

 

“Do you think Chanhun could be his patient and he took such a liking for the child that he stole Chanhun?” Chanhee questions.

 

Sohyun lets her jaw drop at Chanhee’s insanely wild imagination wondering if the cardiologist actually knows that his deductions sounds extremely ridiculous at the moment but decided that she didn’t want to burst his bubble in case he yelled at her. Afterall the Lee Chanhee she knew can be very temperamental and unpredictable.

 

“Actually if you ask me… There’s only one person who would highly know the truth and that’s your younger brother Chanhee oppa. The person you should be asking is Wooshin.”

 

===

 

“Byunghun, I’m so sorry but could you help me run an errand before you leave?”

 

Byunghun was packing his belongings up in the employee room of the cafe when his supervisor came in, handing a white envelope to him.

 

“Could you drop by the post office and drop this mail off for me?”

 

“Yeah sure!” Byunghun readily agrees as he takes the envelope and slips it into the back pocket of his acid wash denim skinny jeans. He picked up his belongings and quickly made his way out of the cafe. Glancing at his watch he rushes down to the post office and hastily dropped the mail off before running to Chanhun’s school. He was slightly late but he was quite sure Chanhun wouldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter