Three.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Doctor Lee? Here this is for you.” Byunghun shyly holds out a disposable cone cup for Chanhee. Upon closer inspection, Chanhee realises that the cup is filled with black coffee.

 

“Thanks.” Chanhee monotonously replies as he leaned against the vending machine.

 

They had just successfully completed little Jimin’s surgery and thankfully she has responded very well to the treatment as well as surgery and was brought back to her ward to rest.

 

“You were great out there. Working with you was truly an eye opening experience.” Byunghun truthfully sings Chanhee praises while rubbing his fingers together, something he did when he was nervous or shy.

 

“I hope this is something to butter me up honestly.” Chanhee adds carelessly. “I’ve come across such behaviors one too many times.” A disgusted scrowl painted his pretty face as he stared into the space ahead of him, avoiding Byunghun’s eyes.

 

Byunghun narrowed his eyes distastefully. Who does Chanhee actually think he is Byunghun cursed in his mind. So much for his thoughtful gesture. At the very least Byunghun wanted to thank his colleague and his father’s apprentice for helping him with his patient. “You know, every time I grasped a good impression of you, your mouth and stinky attitude ruins it. I just wanted to thank you. I learnt a lot being in that theatre with you. And also for helping me out with my patient.”

And with a pout unconsciously forming on his cherry-like lips, he left in a huff before Chanhee even had a chance to retaliate.

 

Usually Chanhee would have just bluntly replied that he was just doing his job but this time, all he could do was stare at Byunghun’s retreating figure. his lips as after taking a sip of the coffee the other had given him out of goodwill, he leans on the wall deep in thought.

“This Lee Byunghun… What an interesting guy.” He scoffs in amusement staring at the coffee in the disposable cup as he swirled the beverage.

 

===

 

“Oh Chanhee hyung, you’re on time for lunch it’s going to snow in spring.” Jonghyun jokes as he spots Chanhee walking over with a tray with his lunch set balancing on it. He smiles at Chanhee and shifts his own food a little so that Chanhee could place his down comfortably.

 

Chanhee slides into his seat opposite Jonghyun and plops his food in front of him, giving him a gentle glare.

“I had an emergency surgery today, I need to recharge okay.”

 

“If only you knew that everyone else working here needs to recharge like you do.” Jonghyun teased as he leaned forward and scrunched his nose playfully at his boyfriend which earned him a hard kick on his shin by Chanhee.

 

Jonghyun gasped in pain as he reached down to rub his shin with his palm trying to ease the pain. Chanhee clenches his fist and puts it to his mouth as he tried to hide his laughter seeing how his boyfriend reacted to his violent act. Jonghyun frowns at his laughter and gets up from his chair to smack his shoulder which caused Chanhee to stop laughing immediately to stare at Jonghyun in shock. No one hits Lee Chanhee and gets away with it. Absolutely no one.

 

Well, maybe except Choi Jonghyun, the love of Chanhee’s life. Chanhee was about to flare his temper at Jonghyun when Jonghyun flashes Chanhee a heartwarming eye smile accompanied with a peace sign. The fire boiling at the bottom of Chanhee’s stomach was immediately put out at the sight of Jonghyun being cute.

 

Sighing, Chanhee slouches in his seat and stuffs a huge spoonful of rice in his mouth. As the rice was shoved to each side of his puffed cheeks, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter