For the first time

My life...with VIXX..

Leo and I were sitting in the waiting room of the doctor for over 30 minutes now and I got more and more nervous the more time passed by. I looked at Leo who was calm as always and when our eyes met he gave me a short smile and took my hand. How could he be so calm while I was totally freaking out on the inside? Today was a big day. Our first time at the doctor because of my pregnancy. I'm pretty sure every woman was nervous on a day like this. What would happen inside of that room? How would it be to see your child for the first time? How would Leo react?

"Sun?" Leo's soft voice made me look up again. "Try to calm down a little bit.." His thumb was over the back of my hand and I felt how I calmed down a little bit. 

"I'm just nervous about what will happen in there. Like..I never experienced something like that. What if something goes wrong? What if I'm doing something stupid..what if.." "I fell the same way.." He interrupted me and I looked at him. "I'm just as nervous as you but unlike you I can hide my feelings." He smiled and I laid my head on his shoulder. 

A woman entered the room and looked at us. Now it was time. Leo and I stood up..he continued holding my hand while we were entering another room. "Just take a seat..the doctor will come in a few minutes." The woman said and left the room. We sat down on seats in front of a big desk. I let my eyes wandering through the room. A lot of computers with monitors were there..and bottles with different lotions in it..a bench where you could lay down..oh my god..my heart was bumping in my chest and I was afraid that Leo could hear how nervous I was. He was still holding my hand but was totally silent and I had the feeling that he was in his own world again.

"I'm by your side, Sun. Don't worry.." He squeezed my hand and then we both remained silent. Together we could make it..together we could face any problem in this world and together we would be able to raise a child. The responsiblity for a child..whenever I thought about it I got anxious. How should I raise a child when I was still a child myself? We were still so young. Sure..Leo was 26..but he was an idol..singing was his life..how should we ever be a family..how should we raise a child together. All those thoughts were freaking me out although I had Leo by my side.

"Good morning." Suddenly the door was opened and a woman around 35 I guess entered the room and greeted us. She gave us her hand and then she sat down on the other side of the desk. After opening a folder she looked at us with a smile on her face. "So..this is your first pregnancy examination?" Leo squeezed my hand again and I just nodded. I wasn't able to say something because I was so nervous. 

"Soo..first of all..do you have any questions?" She smiled at us and I looked at Leo. He looked at me, too, and then we both looked at the doctor again.

"What is going to happen today?" Leo asked the woman and she nodded like she had just waited for that questions.

"Well..today we are going to do the first examination. We're going to look if everything is ok with the baby by doing an ultrasound check today. After we're done with everything I will hand you out your mother pass and we will make a date for a new examination in a few weeks.." She explained everything but I was only able to nod the whole time. "You are really nervous.." She smiled at me and I just nodded. Leo squeezed my hand again and looked at me.

"Maybe we should just start with the ultrasound to calm you down a little bit. Most of the women who come here are nervous but when they see their child for the first time they are totally calm.." She stood up and we followed her. "Lay down there and pull up your shirt.." She smiled at me and I started sweating. Leo sat down on a chair behind me and held my hand when I laid down. I slowly pulled my shirt up and watched carefully what the doctor was going to do next.

"It's going to be a bit cold now." She said while opening a bottle. "This is a special gel so we can do the ultrasound..ok..I'm going to put it on your tummy now.." It was really cold at first and it felt strange. Leo was holding my hand the whole time and didn't say a single word. He was just watching the whole situation carefully like he always did. The woman put an thick stick on my tummy and started to rub the gel over my skin. "Ok..just look at the screen now.." She smiled and pointed at a monitor.

At first we couldn't see anything but black and white stripes. The doctor started to explain what we were seeing there but I couldn't follow her words. Leo looked like he understood what she was talking about but he also remained silent and just nodded a few times. After a few more seconds we saw something big and white on the screen. Was that...? I looked up at Leo who just looked totally fascinated on the monitor.

"Ok..here we can see the back..the spine..oh..and here we have the right arm and also the hand.." I looked totally fascinated at the monitor. There was our baby..Leo's and my child..right in front of our eyes on that monitor..
Leo squeezed my hand a little harder and I looked at him. Our eyes met and he bent downwards and kissed me on my forehead while smiling. Our child...

"We can try something else if you want to.." The doctor suddenly said and pushed a few buttons and let this control stick over my tummy. The whole room was filled with total silence and we got more and more curious what was going to happen now when suddenly the silence was broken..

*dodomm* *dodomm* *dodomm*

I held my breathl..was that really..? 

"That's the heart beat of your little baby.." The doctor gave us a big smile and I couldn't believe it..

*dodomm* *dodomm* *dodomm*

Such a strong heart beat..strong..like his father..tears were coming up in my eyes and I felt them running down on my cheeks. I looked up at Leo and saw that he was also having tears in his eyes but he was trying to hide them like he always did. We looked deep into our eyes..the joy was just so overwhelming..I couldn't describe it..it was just a wonderful feeling..

After I cleaned my tummy we sat in front of the desk again. The doctor was writing a few things down and handed me my mother pass then.

"So..it seems like you're around week 19 of the pregnancy." She told us and we just nodded while holding hands. I started to calculate 19 weeks back..it was around the time when Lin and I were in America visiting my parents. We visited the boys at their concert..and after that..in the hotel..

"...questions?" I got back into reality and just looked at the doctor trying to understand what she just said.

"Huh?" I heard Leo giggling next to me and just stared at him. "She just asked if he have any more questions." He repeated her words and I just nodded. Well..there was one question in my head..it wasn't so important but I was still curious..

"Is it a boy or a girl..?" I asked silently and felt how Leo pushed my hand even tighter. The doctor just looked at me and then she shook her head. "The baby's position was bad today so I wasn't able to tell the gender. But I'm sure at the next examination we will find out." She explained with a big smile on her face.

She told us a few more things after that. Also about things I should take care of..there were a lot of things I shouldn't eat during my pregnancy..and I shouldn't carry around heavy things..and she also told us that we can talk to her whenever we feel the need to do so...she was really nice and when we left the doctor I was totally excited on the inside. Everything was just so exciting and new.

When we were outside again I took a deep breath and looked at Leo who smiled at me when suddenly his phone started to ring. We both rolled our eyes in a playful way and he answered the call.

"Yah?" I watched him carefully and saw how he nodded a few times before hanging up.

"Sun, I'm sorry but we have an appointment at Jellyfish now..is that ok?" He asked me and I just nodded. Of course it was..his job and VIXX was his life..I wouldn't hold him back. He looked around and when he saw that no people were around he bent down and gave me a short kiss. "Let's meet later at the dorm.." He whispered and then I watched him walking away.

I went directly back to the dorm after that. I was just too excited and thought that it was the best to go home and calm down a little bit. The boys weren't home anyways because of their meeting at Jellyfish and so the only person there would be Lin and I really felt the need to talk to her about everything. I found her sitting in the kitchen obviously studying for our next upcoming test in a few weeks. She looked up and smile at me.

"Sun, how are you?" I smiled back and knew that she wanted to know everything that happened today. I took out my mother pass and showed it to her..and also showed her the pictures of the ultrasound. Her eyes started to shine really bright and you could tell that she was totally fascinated of everything.

"Soo..which week..? She poked me in the side and I blushed. "19.." was the only thing I could mumble and I heard how she was holding her breath..

"That was the time when we..when you and Leo...oh my god, Sun..." She hit me on my arm and I just looked at her. "What were you guys doing when I called you back then?" She started to look disgusted in a playful way and I just laughed at her and shrugged.

"So, how did Leo react when he saw the baby?" She smiled and I stood up and decided to get something to drink from the refrigerator. "Actually..he didn't say a word..he was just happy..you should have seen it.." I thought back to Taekwoon's look when we saw our baby and the joy in my body grew even bigger..

We talked about it a little bit longer and then Lin suggested to study together for our test in a few weeks.  "It's really a lot of stuff to study this time.." Lin sighed and I nodded. Art history could be so boring sometimes..especially when you have to know every single detail and every single date. We both started to ask us questions and were happy when we knew the right answer. I was just happy to have a friend like Lin in my life. No..I was happy about all the people in my life..my cousin..the boys..Taekwoon..Lin..and those thoughts reminded me that we still had to tell Hakyeon and the other boys about our little secret. How will they react when we tell them about it?