Game Over

My life...with VIXX..

„Soo…Leo and you are going to tell Hakyeon about your relationship today?“ Lin whispered at me smiling like a little kid. We were sitting in a really boring lesson about art history and obviously Lin had more interesting things to talk about.

“Yes. I’m going to meet with Hakyeon after university in a coffee shop. Leo is also coming but my cousin doesn’t know about this. We’re going to ‘surprise’ him and then we tell him everything.”

“Are you afraid, Sun?” I shrugged and nodded.

“A little bit. I don’t know how he will react. I hope he will accept it and will understand why we didn’t tell him.” I sighed and felt how my hands got sweaty.

“Hmm..I really cross my fingers for Leo and you. You are perfect for each other..he has to accept your relationship.” She grabbed my hand under the table and smiled at me. She really was my best friend and I loved her so much.

Finally the art history class was over and Lin and I headed straight into the cafeteria because she was really hungry. After she bought herself something to eat (I wasn’t hungry at all because I was too nervous) we sat down at one of the large tables and Lin started to eat really fast. Damn, she must have been really hungry.

“So, tell me about the plan.” Lin mumbled while eating and I had problems to understand her because was full with food.

“Ehm..I don’t know. I’m going to meet him at the coffee shop. After we sat down Leo will join us and then we will tell him about us..” Lin looked skeptical. “What?” I asked her while raising my eyebrow.

“You literally have no idea how to start the conversation, right?” She said straight and I looked down and shook my head while whispering a ‘no’.

“Well..” She continued talking still eating the whole time. “..first of all, please avoid the word ‘lie’ or ‘lying’. Just say something like ‘We didn’t tell anybody because..’. That way it doesn’t sound that hard to him. Second, tell him that you both are really serious about this relationship..” – “Woah..stop it, please. You sound like a psychiatrist.” I had to laugh because Lin really sounded like that. She looked grumpy in a playful way and continued eating.

“Ah..don’t be mad. Everything is going to be fine, trust me.” I smiled at her. I really hoped that everything would be fine in the end. I didn’t want to lose my cousin but I also didn’t want to lose Leo. Let’s hope for the best.

“Oh no.” I saw Lin rolling her eyes. I looked at her confused and she pointed with her head to the left. I looked around and saw Kairi entering the cafeteria with Minah by her side. Damn. Sadly they spotted Lin and me and came straight to our table after Kairi bought herself something to eat.

“Sun, nice to meet you again.” Minah bent down and kissed me on my cheeks. I started to hate her greetings. She gave us her confusing fake smile and sat down at our table together with Kairi.

“Nice to meet you here.” Minah smiled at Lin and me.

“I’m a little bit surprised to meet you here to be honest.” I forced a smile to her and she giggled.

“Ah, yes. I wanted to visit my friend Kairi. We have an important meeting today at my company and I had to give her a few information.” She explained and I got even more surprised. It looked like they were really close friends.

“How do you guys know each other?” Lin asked both of them all of a sudden and Kairi looked at her.

“Ah you know, she knows persons who I also know..the way life goes..you know how it is.” Kairi explained but she seemed pretty nervous.

“Yes, I know her through a close friend of mine.” Minah added and gave Kairi a strange look. What was going on between the two of them?

“Enough of us. How about you and Leo. Anything new about your relationship?” Minah asked out of a sudden. I looked totally shocked at her and Lin started to cough. Was she insane? Kairi was sitting here at the table..together with us?!

“Minah told me about your relationship with one of the main vocalists of VIXX, don’t worry. I know that you guys are keeping it as a secret.” Kairi smiled and I felt uncomfortable. They were acting so strange. Attack is the best defense, right?

“Everytihng is great. Taekwoon and I are going to tell the other boys about our relationship later. Finally we can act like a normal couple in front of our friends.” This time it was me who was giving Minah a fake smile. Her face looked like a mask right now and her smile was frozen on her face.

“That’s great. I hope everything will be alright.” Minah said coldly and turned to Kairi.

“Everything is going to be alright. Sun and Leo are meant to be together. They are the perfect couple!” Lin attacked Minah all of a sudden which made her glare at my friend.

“Whatever. Kairi and I have to go now. See you.” She gave me a kiss on my cheek and quickly left the cafeteria together with this annoying Kairi girl.

“Finally. I can’t stand them. I’m really glad that Kairi didn’t lose a single word about Ken today but this Minah girl is also such an annoying . I’m glad they are gone now.”

After lunch Lin and I had three more classes. I got totally nervous when the last lesson started. Just one more lesson until I would meet with Hakyeon. One more lesson until the truth came out. One more lesson..I was so nervous.

“Good luck.” Lin hugged me when we walked out of the building.

“Thank you. I’ll call you later, ok?” She nodded and then I started to walk to the coffee shop where I would meet Hakyeon. I had to walk about 15 more minutes when my phone started to ring. Hakyeon?

“Yes, what’s up?” I answered the phone and heard my cousin laughing.

“I’m glad I reached you. Listen, our manager wanted to talk to me in 15 minutes. I’m sure it’s about an acting role in a drama I want to get so I’m really sorry but I have to cancel our appointment.”

“Really?” I sounded sad.

“Yes. But you know what? Let’s meet in the dorm. When I’m done here I’m inviting you to a restaurant, ok? How does that sound?” Well, at least we could still talk later.

“That sounds great. I’m waiting for you in the dorm then, ok?” He agreed and after I hung up I called Leo and told him that Hakyeon couldn’t come. We agreed that we would meet in the dorm then and so I turned around and walked back to our apartment.

“I was so nervous the whole day because of our talk with Hakyeon.” I told Leo while he was making us some coffee. He listened to my worries and I watched him carefully. “Do you think he will be mad?”

“I don’t know. It’s a new situation for me.” He explained and divided the latte into two cups.

“Btw..where are the other boys?” I wondered because we were completely alone in the dorm.

“Practicing. I told them that I had something important to do today.” He gave me one cup and I blew into it so it wouldn’t be so hot.

“You learned from the last time.” Leo giggled when he saw it. I poked my tongue out at him and drank a little bit of my coffee.

“How was university today?” He asked me and we both sat on the couch.

“Boooring.” I told him but when I saw that he wasn’t smiling I quickly continued: “Art history can be really boring sometimes.”

“Why did you choose studying art?” He asked me with a serious look on his face.

“Well..” I tried to remember the exact reason. “I always liked drawing. I love how you can express your feelings through art. There are so many different ways and literally art is everywhere around us.” He looked confused at my words. “Have you ever heard of ‘Street Art’ for example?”

“Graffiti?” He asked and looked at me while drinking from his coffee.

“It’s not vandalism. Street Art is way more than that. I should show it to you one day. Anyways, you can tell people a message through art. I love how you can express your feelings with it. I love drawing..it’s my personal way to release stress..” I got totally hyper about it and Leo smiled at me.

“Why did you become a singer?” I wanted to know now and he looked serious.

“Well..I love doing sports. When I was younger I was totally interested into swimming, boxing, taekwondo and soccer. I got injured one day and had to recover from it. During this time I listened to the song ‘Walking in the Sky’ and because of this song I got interested in becoming a singer.” He explained and his eyes shined while he was talking.

“So singing is the same for you as art is for me?” I smiled at him and he nodded.

“Singing is my way to release stress. I’m a totally different person when I’m singing. I feel strong and unbeatable..I can’t explain it.” I started to understand what singing really meant to him.

“Are you done with your coffee?” He asked me and took the empty cup out of my hand after I nodded. He stood up and brought the empty cups into the kitchen. I also stood up and followed him.

“I think I’m going to study now a little bit if it’s ok for you?” I asked him and he nodded. He came to me and pulled me into his arms.

“Of course. You should study hard. We’re going to talk with N hyung later after he got home, ok?” He smiled at me and I got really confident that everything would go well later.

“Yes.” I smiled at him. He pulled me closer and kissed me. I put my hands around his neck and we fell into the kiss and no one of us wanted to break it. I loved kissing him. I loved touching his lips. I loved when my heart beat so fast because of him. I loved everything about Leo..he made me so happy. We were so deep into our kiss that we didn’t hear that the door of the dorm was opened.

“So it’s true.”

We jumped away from each other totally shocked when we heard my cousin’s voice. He looked at me, then at Leo and then at me again. My mouth felt dry and I got scared now. Hakyeon looked so hurt and disappointed.

“Hakyeon…” I whispered.