Confused feelings

My life...with VIXX..

Our Busan trip ended and faster than I could believe it I had to go to university again. We arrived in Seoul pretty late last night and so I didn’t get enough sleep and yawned all the way to school. I was so tired and hoped that the day would go over soon. Nothing has changed between Leo and me since our last “talk” in the hotel lobby. He was acting like always…cold and distant and quiet and I tried to forget about him which was not as easy as I thought. My cousin and the other members of VIXX were already at Jellyfish Entertainment to practice for their upcoming concert. I really admired them…how could they still practice now when they didn’t have enough sleep?

“Hey, Sun. Where have you been?” Lin’s voice woke me up from my daydreaming and I looked at her still sleepy. “I totally forgot to tell you, I’m sorry.” I yawned. “I went on a trip with friends to Busan.” Lin’s eyes widened and she was totally curious now and I had to tell her everything about my trip with the boys. “I wanted to write you because you didn’t show up to the last classes but my phone was kinda broke and I lost all numbers.” She sighed and I just gave her my number again. “I’m also sorry that I didn’t write you. The trip was really spontaneous and I didn’t think of writing you. I’m sorry.” She smiled and pulled a large amount of papers out of her bag. “Here, I copied my notes for you. If you have any questions just ask me.” My mouth fell open and I was really surprised. Lin was so nice and sweet. My feelings came over me and I hugged her. “Thank you.” I mumbled.

At lunchtime Lin and I went into the cafeteria and bought something to eat. We sat down at one of the large tables and started to eat and talk about our last lesson which was really boring. Art history could be really boring sometimes even if it was interesting. We both giggled and laughed a lot when Lin got curious. “Can I ask you something?” My mouth was full of food so I just nodded into her direction and she smiled. “Well, the guy who showed up at university the last time..” I raised my eyebrows and looked at her. Did we really have to talk about Leo now? “Are you guys dating?” A laughter came out of my mouth. Yeah, sure, I thought ironically. “No, we are not dating. He’s a friend of my cousin.” I tried to end the conversation but Lin wanted to know everything now. Should I tell her? Maybe talking to a friend would help me to forget him I thought and so I told her a little bit. I didn’t mention our kiss in the hotel room because I felt uncomfortable talking about it. Lin listened to my story. “Hmm…I don’t understand his reaction. Maybe you should try talking to him one more time.” She suggested but I just shook my head. “Let’s forget about this, ok?” I changed the topic to our next test we would write in a few days and we started to talk about a few things for it.

My last class ended at 1 in the afternoon because the teacher of the next classes was sick. Now I was able to go home earlier than I expected. I thought about Hakyeon and how hard he was practicing now so I decided to visit him at Jellyfish Entertainment. On my way to their label I stopped at a restaurant and bought rice, noodles, meat and vegetables for all of us and with the lunch bags I headed straight to Jellyfish Entertainment. I didn’t consider the fact that the security men wouldn’t let me pass. “No strangers allowed.” He told me. “Ehm..I’m Sun, Cha Hakyeon’s cousin.” I explained to him but just gained a smile. “Yeah, right, and I’m the emperor.” I sighed and rolled my eyes. I pulled out my phone and dialed Hakyeon’s number. He picked up his phone. “Hey, N, listen…ehm…I’m standing outside of the Jellyfish building and the security guard won’t let me pass. Can you pick me up?” I asked my cousin shyly and my cheeks turned red when I noticed that the security man was staring at me. “Ehh..yeah sure..I’ll hurry!” He said and ended the call.

The security guard kept his eye on me and I was so glad to see my cousin coming out. “Hey, Sun.” He came out and put his arm around my shoulder. “She belongs to me. She’s my cousin.” He explained to the man who just stood there and shrugged. “Thank you, Hakyeon.” I whispered. “No problem. What are you doing here?” We entered an elevator and I looked at him. “University ended early today and so I wanted to surprise you. I bought lunch for us all.” I showed him the lunch bags in my hands. “Wow, thank you. The others will be so happy about it. None of us had lunch until now.” My cousin smiled at me and I was happy. I made the right decision.

“Guys! Sun bought lunch for us!” Hakyeon shouted when we entered their practice room. Hongbin, Ken and Hyuk stopped their dancing and Ravi and Leo stood up from the floor when they saw me. “Really?! Thank you, Sun! I am so hungry!” Hyuk was so happy and took the bags out of my hands. “Let’s sit on the floor and eat together.” N decided. “Thank you, Sun.” and “You are our hero.” Were the words Hongbin, Ravi and Ken said to me. Leo just mumbled a quiet “thank you” and we all started to eat. The boys asked me how school was today and in return I asked them how their practice was going. We all had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed spending time with them although Leo was still acting like always. I caught myself several times staring at him because his behavior confused me but yeah. Forget him, I thought to myself.

My phone suddenly beeped and I pulled it out of my pocket. Lin has written me a message:

“There’s going to be an exhibition for the last art project *-* The first place – you! – will receive something from the art committee.”

She also sent me a link and I opened it. She was right. I read the whole letter and my cousin got curious. “What’s up?” He asked me and tried to look into my phone. I showed him the message and he started to read it out loud. Leo’s face expression was like always but the other 5 boys were really happy for me. “We’re coming with you. I want to see my little cousin’s big moment.” N smiled and I shook my head. “No..” His smile immediately disappeared. “You need to practice. The concert is way more important than this.” I told them but they just smiled. “Hey, we are friends, right? Of course we are coming to see you there.” Hongbin smiled and Hyuk nodded. “And besides…we’re also the stars of the evening..we painted the picture.” Ken said with a proud look on his face and Ravi hit him on his arm. “You mean, you were the chaos maker of the picture.” The rapper laughed at him and they all started to argue about who was the real artist now.

“Ok, now that this thing is settled. How about we continue our practice?” N asked and stood up to bring the empty bags away. “Do you wanna stay and watch our practice?” Ravi asked me and I nodded happily. “Yes, of course.” I watched their practice for many hours. I really enjoyed the songs of them. One of my favorite songs was the “Error” song which I heard for the first time now. When they started to practice the song “Hyde” I decided to pull out the notes Lin gave me and try to study. This song reminded me too much of Leo and also I had to catch up on the notes because there was a test in a few days. The boys didn’t mind and continued their practice. At one point Hakyeon just asked me if I didn’t want to go home because they would practice until night time but I just told him that I would drive home with them then if it was ok. Of course it was ok.

When it got late I went outside again (this time together with Hyuk) and we searched for a good restaurant to buy dinner. Hyuk was really eager when it came to food. We started to talk about our favorite food (yes, our topic was food) and we had a lot of fun. We decided to buy burgers and fries at a fast food restaurant (not the best idea when they had to practice but Hyuk really wanted a burger and..yeah..). My cousin wasn’t really happy when he saw all the fast food but when I gave him the banana milk I have extra bought for him he was happy again. We sat on the floor again and it felt so good to be with the boys. The situation with Leo was still strange for me but he was always a silent type and so no one of the other boys noticed our strange behavior.

The boys continued their practice and I continued to study. Hakyeon didn’t lie when he said that it would become late and at one point I got really tired and laid down on the floor. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I noticed then was that somebody was carrying me. I thought that it was Hakyeon. So sweet of my cousin to carry me to the car because he didn’t want to wake me up. “Leo, please be careful with Sun on your arms, ok?” I heard my cousin’s voice. What?! I opened my eyes a little bit paying attention that Leo wouldn’t notice it and I could recognize Leo’s shirt in front of my eyes. It was really Leo who was carrying me to the van. My heart started to beat faster again and I closed my eyes. I would just pretend to sleep I thought to myself.

I felt the cold air when he went outside and I could hear him unlocking the van (well, at least Ken didn’t forget to close the car this time!). Leo was really careful when he put me on the backseat of the van. He sat me there softly and put the seat belt around my body. I still didn’t open my eyes and hoped that he would just leave now and I could continue my strategy to just forget him. I also hoped that my heart would start to beat normal again once he was gone. Although I didn’t see him I could feel that he was still in the car and obviously hesitated with leaving the car. Suddenly I felt his hand over my hair really soft. My heart wanted to jump out of my chest. I felt him coming closer and suddenly his lips breathed a short kiss on my hair. My heart skipped a beat. “Sweet dreams..” he whispered and then I heard him leaving the van. My heart didn’t stop beating and I was so confused now because of this guy. He was really ignoring me in some way the whole day and now…this..? What was going on with him? What was he thinking? After around 5 minutes the members of VIXX entered the car and N told them to be quiet so that I wouldn’t wake up. I pretended to be sleeping and at some point I really fell asleep still feeling Leo’s hand and his lips on my hair.