Distance

My life...with VIXX..

„Whew..I am soo wiped.“ Lin sighed and let herself fall into her bed.

We arrived in America today and my parents picked us up from the airport. They were both so excited to see me again and also to meet my best friend. My mum was a little bit sad though that Hakyeon wasn’t able to come but she understood that his job was important.

“You’re parents are so kind.” Lin looked at me while I was checking my phone. “Did you hear something from him?”

“No..I guess they are very busy.” I sighed and put my phone away.

Leo and I weren’t able to say good bye before we went on our trip. My cousin drove us but the other boys had to practice at Jellyfish Entertainment for their Korea concerts. It was really hard for me not seeing him before we left but well..at least my cousin joined us and I swear he really had tears in his eyes when he hugged me good bye.

“Maybe he’s already sleeping.” Lin suggested but I shook my head.

“The time difference is about 14 hours…so it’s around 11 in the morning there..I’m sure they are practicing hard.” I tried not to sound sad but it really hurt me that I didn’t hear anything from Leo. Lin’s phone started to ring suddenly.

“Oh..Ken is video calling! Come here, Sun!” She grabbed my arm and pulled me next to her. We both looked surprised when we saw the whole band on Lin’s phone screen.

“We are V..V-I-X..VIXX!” The boys shouted and made aegyo faces and Lin and I started to laugh.

“How’s your trip so far?” My cousin asked us.

“It’s great. Mum and dad invited us to a restaurant tonight..it was really delicious. But mum is still sad that you weren’t able to come.” I a little bit.

We talked for a long time with the boys and more than once I looked at Leo who was just standing there watching everything with his normal face expression. I really wished I could talk alone with him right now or at least tell him that I missed him. Of course we weren’t able to show any emotions when the other boys were around but still…

The phone call ended way too fast and we both looked at the black screen for a few minutes.

“Soo..what’s going on between Ken and you?” I poked Lin in the side. She hasn’t told me about the kiss yet and I was so curious about it.

“Well..not so much..” She looked at her hands and I felt that something was wrong.

“What’s up?”

“Ah..well…remember when we were bowling and you and Leo went away outside?” I nodded. “We kissed…” She whispered and I smiled.

“Oh my…that’s so great. So..are you officially dating now?” I was so happy for her.

“That’s the problem. We haven’t talked about it. He’s just acting like nothing happened and I don’t know what to think about it.” This situation sounded so familiar.

We talked about this for a long time until we got tired and wanted to sleep. I received a message on my phone from Leo:

“You looked cute. I hope you are fine. I miss you.”

That was typical for Leo. Short messages but still heart warming. I smiled and wrote him back before Lin and I turned the lights off.

The next morning was really great. My mum made breakfast for us and then Lin and I decided to go shopping today. We both felt so excited to explore a complete different city and after we had lunch we headed off. We took the metro and I was happy that we didn’t get lost because normally my orientation is the worst.

We shopped many great things and had a lot of fun. In the afternoon we decided to go into a coffee shop and make a break because our feet were hurting so much. Lin was searching for something on her phone and I tried to take a look but couldn’t see anything.

“I got it!” She shouted so loud that the persons around us got shocked and looked at us. What was she talking about?

“Look.” She put her phone on the table. I saw my cousin and the other boys performing on stage.

“What is that?” I asked her surprised and she smiled.

“Remember that they had their first concert today? I found a video of it.” She smiled even more and I got sad. I wished we could be there, too.

“It’s so sad that we won’t be able to attend their concerts because we’re here.” I sighed. Their last concert would be on our last day here in America so it was impossible for us to join them. Lin bit her lip and I had the feeling that she wanted to say something.

“I wish we could go there, too. How about..ah, nevermind..” She immediately stopped her sentence and I raised an eyebrow. What did she want to say?

“No..tell..huh?” My phone vibrated. I took it out and saw that my cousin was video calling me.

“Hey, Hakyeon. How are you?” Lin and I smiled at him. He was completely alone and I wondered where Leo was.

“I’m fine. I can’t sleep and I thought maybe I can call you.” He smiled at us and I really wanted to hug him right now.

“We saw your performance. You were all so great.” Lin smiled which made my cousin laugh.

“Thank you. It was really exhausting to be honest. The boys immediately fell asleep when we arrived at the hotel. And guess what. Ravi and Leo are totally annoyed because Ravi’s snoring gets louder and louder every night .” We laughed a lot but then my cousin got serious.

“I’m really sad that I can’t be with you but I’m also sad that you can’t see our concerts.” He looked so sad right now and I felt once more the urge to hug him.

“Anyways..I’m going to sleep now. Good bye!” He smiled and before we could say anything Hakyeon ended the call. I looked at my best friend and then on the black phone screen again.

“He’s really sad. I wished we could go to his concert.” I sighed.

“Well..maybe we should go then. We could try to change our flights and attend their last concerts. What do you think?” Lin sounded insecure but I started to smile. Why haven’t I thought of that?

“Lin..that’s a great idea! We should try to make it possible!” I jumped up and hugged her really tight.

“But..we shouldn’t tell the boys.” She winked at me when I released her and I looked confused.

“Let’s surprise them and sit in the crowd with their fans.”

“You mean..like Starlights? With banners and fanchanting?” She nodded and I hugged her again.

The idea was so great. We would surprise them at their last concert. We would just sit in the crowd and they wouldn’t know that we’re there. I really hoped that my cousin and Leo would be happy to see us there.

“I can’t wait to see Ken live on stage.” Lin started to daydream about him and then we both laughed when I poked her in the side.