VIXX family

My life...with VIXX..

Ravi, Hyuk and I watched Ken carefully. We weren’t able to understand what he was saying to Linn and also his face wasn’t showing any expressions. I got really curious what they were talking about but just walking up next to him and listening to his call was really unfriendly so I just stayed by Ravi and Hyuk.

“I wonder what’s going on between the two of them..” Hyuk said and Ravi and I both nodded. We all were curious and waited for Ken to hung up when he turned around with a serious expression on his face and waved his hand to show me that I should come closer. I hesitated for a moment, looked at Ravi and Hyuk and then walked to Ken.

“What’s up?” I asked but he just handed me his phone. “

“Lin wants to talk to you..” He looked serious and I got worried that she might have broken up with him. After he gave me the phone he went over to his band members.

“Lin?” I put the phone to my ear and waited for her answer.

“Sun..how are you? I’m sorry that I didn’t call or write..” I felt how she hesitated for a moment.

“What happened, Lin? We were all worried about you and Ken’s mood was really bad..like..I’ve never seen him like that before..he was totally broken and his cheery attitude was totally gone..”

“Yes..I already apologized to him. I’m really sorry..there were a few family problems and..” Her voice broke there and she started crying. “Lin..just tell me what’s going on..” She sniffed..”My mum and my dad are getting divorced because my dad cheated on her with another woman. This woman is also getting a baby now which is the reason for the divorcement. My dad is going to move to America with this new woman and I don’t know what to do now. My heart is so broken and I just wanted to be alone the whole time. I haven’t talked to anyone about this except for my grandmother and my mum.”

I was totally shocked because of these news. Actually, I’ve never met Lin’s parents but I knew that she totally loved both of them and that family was very important to her. “Why didn’t you tell me..us..earlier about this?” I tried to ask her.

“I didn’t know about this earlier. My grandma called me the other day and asked me if I could visit her. When I got to her house my mum was already there, too, and then they both told me about this. Sun, what should I do now?” She started crying again and I tried to calm her down.

“When are you coming back, Lin?” My mouth was dry and I didn’t know what exactly I could tell her to make her feel a little bit better. “Tonight..Ken told me that I should come to the dorm..he doesn’t want me to be alone right now..” “Yes..that’s exactly the same thing I was going to say to you..I can’t wait to hug you, Lin, and I’m really sorry for this..”

“Thank you for not being mad at me, Sun..I have to go now, ok? See you tonight at the dorm..”

“Yes, see you tonight. Bye, Lin..” I hung up and went over to the boys.

“Here’s your phone..” Ken put his phone back in his pocket and then the four of us just stood around not knowing what to say. “I told Hyuk and Ravi about it..” Ken admitted and I nodded. I also didn’t know what to say about this. “Let’s go back to the dorm..” Hyuk suggested and we all nodded.

Ravi and Hyuk were walking in front of us talking the whole time while Ken and I were falling more and more behind them. We stayed silent at first but Ken suddenly broke it: “Lin cried the whole time on phone..she’s afraid to lose her family..” I looked on the ground and nodded. “Yeah..her family is important for her..I can understand her..” I noticed that Ken was looking at me and obviously he wanted to say anything. “What?” I asked him and he shrugged. “I don’t know..how do you handle it?” Now I was a little bit confused because I couldn’t follow his thoughts right now. “What do you mean, Ken?” “I mean your parents..they live in America, right? Far away from you..” I started to think back..

“It was hard at first to be honest. My parents told me that they would move to America..no..that WE move to America. They wanted me to come with them..” “Yeah, N hyung told us about that..” He added and I looked to him questioningly. “He told us about your situation and asked us if it was okay that you would move into the dorm..” He smiled. “And were you okay with that..?” I laughed and was really curious about his answer now. I never knew that N asked them because of that..but now thinking about it..that was my cousin..always caring about all the people around him..

“We were skeptical at first because we didn’t know you..we had a long talk about this but in the end we all agreed for you to stay with us. I still remember that Leo hyung was the first one to agree and backed N immediately up and brought arguments why you should stay with us..” Wow..I wasn’t expecting that..

“I still remember that I thought that Leo had a problem with me staying in the dorm because he was so distant the whole time and I don’t know..” Now I was the one scratching my back and Ken just smiled at me.

“I think it was the best idea ever to let you live with us. You just belong to us now..” He put his arm around my shoulder and pushed me a little bit closer to him. “Me too, Ken, believe me. You’re not just my friends to be honest..you guys became like my family..” I leaned me head against his shoulder when Ken suddenly stopped and looked at me. Oh my god..did I say something wrong. He looked at me and I looked back. What was he thinking now? Was that ‘You’re my family part’ too much?

“Sun..you’re a genius..” He hugged me tight and I was totally confused now. What the hell was he talking about? Ken immediately told me about the idea he had and I liked it. It would be such a great surprise for Lin. He ran to Hyuk and Ravi and also told them about it and obviously they also liked it. We also called Hongbin, Leo and my cousin..and then we hurried to get back into the dorm.

We had a lot of work to do until Lin got home but I was totally encouraged that everything would be finished just in time. Hopefully she would like it then. My cousin, Hongbin and Leo arrived 30 minutes later and started to help us immediately. Hakyeon was totally encouraged and told Ken more than once that he loved his idea. Leo and I were in charge of baking a chocolate cake and we did a good job in my opinion. I gave Leo a knife and told him to cut the chocolate bars into little pieces while I tried to open the flour. Luckily Ken was too busy with other things so he didn’t even get near the flour package. When I wanted to ask Leo for help I caught him eating a few chocolate crumbs..

“You should only cut them into pieces and not eat them..” I smiled at him while taking a few crumbs. He pulled me a little bit closer and gave me a short kiss while I felt him touching my tummy..luckily no one of the boys noticed this gesture. Leo smiled at me and started cutting again with an innocent look on his face like ‘I would never eat this chocolate’.

We were finished with everything just in time. “Ok, Lin just wrote me that she will be here in a few minutes.” Ken told us. He went to the entrance door and opened it a little bit. Then he came back into the kitchen and turned off the light. Now the candles on the chocolate cake were the only light in the whole room. We all stood around..trying to keep quiet. I really hoped that Lin would like our surprise.

Ken put one finger on his mouth showing us to be quiet when we heard footsteps coming closer.

“Hello..?” We heard Lin’s voice from the door and then we heard how she slowly entered the dorm and closed the door behind her. “Ken? Sun? Anybody home..?”

“SURPRISE!” We all shouted at once when she entered the kitchen and the light. Well..Leo just mumbled the word ‘surprise’ but at least he said it..

“Oh my..” Lin put her hands over obviously totally surprised. Ken walked straight to her and pulled her into his arms while whispering something into her ear which we couldn’t understand. I also hugged her when Ken released her and I saw tears in her eyes.

“Let’s eat cake!” Hyuk suddenly suggested which made us all laugh. We cut the cake into pieces and sat around the table.

“The cake tastes really good..but a few more chocolate crumbs would have been great..” My cousin suddenly said to me and I looked to Leo who was just eating his cake with a little grin on his face.

“Thank you so much for this surprise..” Lin suddenly said and we looked at her. Ken took her hand and looked into her eyes.

“Sun and I told the others about your parents..and also that you’re afraid to lose your family..” Lin looked on her plate and was swallowing a few tears..

“But we just wanted you to know..”

“That we are also your family..” Everybody looked at Hakyeon who interrupted my sentence.

“N is right..” Ken continued talking now. “We are all not just friends..it feels like we’re a big family..and you  belong to this family, too. So you will never be alone, ok? We are always here for you..” He pulled her into his arms and now she started to cry while saying ‘thank you’ the whole time.

“So..if we are a family..who is the mother..?” Hongbin laughed and that started a tough discussion. Ravi and Hyuk laughed a lot..Ken suggested Leo for being the dad which got him a death stare from him. Lin and I just watched the discussion while looking at each other while shaking our heads.

“So..if I’m the mother and Leo is the dad..that means you are cheating on me with my cousin..” My cousin pointed at Leo with his fork and the whole table started to laugh. Lin gave me a smile over the table and I also smiled back. Welcome to our little VIXX family!