Let's be friends

My life...with VIXX..

„I got us two Arabian nights again.“ Taekwoon smiled at me when he out the two cups of coffee on the table and sat down.  I smelled the coffee and drank a little bit.

“Ouch..” The coffee was too hot and so I burnt my tongue. I heard Leo giggling and glared at him.

“It’s..nat..gfunny..” I mumbled while stretching my tongue out a little bit. Damn, it hurt.

“You should be more careful while drinking your coffee.” He said and drank a little bit from his own cup.

“Soo..who’s going to come?” I smiled at him and tried to hide how nervous I was. If it was really this Minah girl I..I wouldn’t know what to do. She’s an important person for him, she knows him for a long time..they were a couple years ago.

“Just wait..I’m sure she..ah, there she is.” Leo stood up from his chair and I looked to the entrance. A beautiful woman entered the shop. She looked so feminine and..beautiful..she definitely looked like a celebrity. I had to gulp when she came to our table and greeted Leo with a kiss on each of his cheeks.

“Sorry I’m late. My meeting took a little bit longer.” She explained while Leo helped her to get out of her jacket like a gentleman. “Oh, hi, I’m Minah. You must be Sun, right?” She smiled at me and gave me her hand. When I grabbed it she pulled me close and also kissed me on my cheeks.

“Arabian night?” Leo asked her.

“Yes, it’s my favorite as you know.” Minah smiled and sat down. I smiled at her but somehow it was weird sitting with her alone. I had the feeling that she was checking me out from head to toe but I wasn’t really sure about it. Luckily Leo didn’t take too long to get the coffee and I was really happy when he sat back to us.

“Did you have a good day?” Leo asked his friend and she nodded while drinking her coffee.

“Yes, it was really interesting. I gained a new client today for my company, that’s the reason why it took so long. He was really annoying but he has a lot of money, you know how it is.” She rolled her eyes and smiled.

“It sounds interesting. What are you working?” I tried to bring myself into the conversation and decided to ask her something personal. She looked surprised at first.

“I’m working at a music company. I’m the manager there and I’m also a vocal trainer, right Taekwoon?” He nodded and gave her a smile. “Taekwoon might have told you that we know each other since he was a trainee at Jellyfish Entertainment. I was his vocal trainer back then.” She flipped her hair and drank from her coffee again. “And you? What’s your job?”

“Oh, I don’t work right now. I study art at the university.” I tried to sound confident but yeah..she was a manager and I was just a student.

“Cute.” She didn’t sound impressed. “Well, how old are you?”

“20..” I whispered and drank from my coffee again. Sound more confident, Sun, I thought to myself.

“So you still have a lot of time to grow up.” She gave me a smile and I couldn’t help but her smile seemed so fake right now. I had a feeling that she was just playing a game with me.

“Soo, I’m curious. How did you guys meet? Meeting an idol isn’t that easy nowadays.” She gave me her fake smile again and looked at Leo then.

“I already told you that she’s Hakyeon’s cousin and she’s currently living with us.” He told her.

“Ah, yes, sorry I forgot. Soo, Sun, it must have been exciting for you to meet Leo and his band, right?” Where was this conversation going?

“Ehm, no actually not..I had to move in with them because my parents went to America.” I shrugged and tried to hold her gaze.

“So, tell me, you’re an artist?” Her questions didn’t stop and I started to sweat. Calm down, just calm down. I took a deep breath.

“I’m an art student but I also like to draw..” I explained to her.

“Sun has really good ideas. She even got the first place in an art project.” Leo pulled out his phone and showed Minah my picture while explaining the meaning to her. She didn’t seem to impressed but Leo seemed like he didn’t notice. It was so weird sitting together with Minah. She seemed nice but still..I had a feeling that something was strange. Leo and her talked about Minah’s job as a manager then and I just sat there quietly drinking my coffee. At least she stopped her questions.

Leo’s phone interrupted their conversation and he went outside to pick up the call. Now I was completely alone with this woman and the silence felt so awkward.

“So, you are officially dating now?” She looked at me with her fake smile again.

“Yes..”

“But, you know that it won’t be easy, right? I raised my eyebrow. “Being together with a celebrity as a normal person is always difficult. Two worlds crashing into each other.” She smiled while saying these words.

“What do you mean?” I got curious and a little bit mad now.

“You should stay away from Taekwoon. You don’t belong into his world.” My eyes widened and I was shocked now. What the hell was she talking about? Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Leo coming back to our table and Minah immediately changed her face expression.

“But..I really like you, Sun, and I wanna help you with Taekwoon. Let’s be friends.” She put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a big smile.

“You seem to have a lot of fun without me.” Leo said and sat down again.

“Yes, Sun is really nice. You are so lucky, Taekwoon. I am so happy for you.” Leo smiled because of her words and I was even more confused now. Was she playing a game? Or was she just faking everything right now. Could I trust her?

“Wow, look at the time. I have to go now.” She stood up all of a sudden and Leo helped her with her jacket. I also stood up and watched her. She gave me kisses on my cheeks again and did the same to Leo with the difference that she hugged him tight after that.

“It was a pleasure to meet you. See you.” She waved at us and left the shop. I sat down on my chair, dumbfounded, and thought about the whole thing. Could I trust her? That question was flying through my head the whole time now.

“Do you like her?” He asked with a worried voice and looked at me. She is important to him, think of that, I told myself and nodded.

“Yes, she seems nice.” I answered and saw his smile.

“She is a great person. You’ll see when you get to know her better.” He explained and stood up. “We should go back to the dorm. It’s late and I’m sure your cousin is already wondering where we are.” He smiled and I nodded.

On our way home we were holding hands for a little while because there were no people on the streets. It felt so wonderful..his warm hand holding my hand..I felt safe with him on my side..it felt good..and I clearly felt butterflies in my stomach.

When we entered the dorm we heard the boys playing in the living room. Obviously they were playing the “Ting Ting” game again. They were all sitting on the floor and had a lot of fun. Leo didn’t look excited but I immediately joined them.

“Where have you been?” My cousin suddenly asked and I didn’t know what to say. Leo helped me out of this situation.

“I invited her for a coffee. We randomly met when I was on my way to get a coffee and asked her if she wanted to join me.” He explained and my cousin seemed satisfied with the answer. I saw Leo winking at me and I smiled. It really wasn’t easy to hide the relationship from the other boys and somehow I also felt bad for lying at them. When we all went to bed I decided to write Leo a message:

“I feel really bad because of this lie..:/”

He immediately replied:

“It’s not a real lie. We just don’t tell them that we are dating..so it’s not a lie..”

I couldn’t share his opinion. Hakyeon deserved the truth but also he wouldn’t allow it. It would be difficult being together then..he wouldn’t accept it. But I didn’t want to be without Leo. Why was everything so complicated? I started to think about Minah again. I didn’t know what to think of her. She seemed fake at first but then she was nice..but she told me to stay away from Leo..what should I think of her? I decided to write Lin a message before going to sleep:

“You were totally right. I met Minah today but I don’t know what to think of her. She seemed nice but I kinda have a baaaad feeling about her :/ I can’t wait to talk to you tomorrow and tell you what happened today. Good night <3”

Maybe Lin could help me tomorrow. I would tell her every single detail of this day and maybe she would know then if I could trust Minah or not. Should I trust her like Leo did? Or should I be more careful around her? ‘Let’s be friends’..should I really become friends with her?