We are VIXX

My life...with VIXX..

Just a few days were left before the concert and the boys practiced harder and harder. They were all feeling well again and so they put all their strength in the practice for the upcoming event. I visited the boys everyday and tried to help them as best as I could. Well, the only things I could do were buying food and clapping for them and telling them what I liked about their dances. I really enjoyed the time with them although it was really stressful sometimes. But the boys didn’t only have dance practice..they had so many tasks. Every day in the morning they had singing lessons so that their voices would be ready for live singing, then they had meetings with different persons and were discussing the outfits and the makeup and also the concept for the concert. They were busy all the time so I was happy that I could at least help them a little bit.

“Sun, you should get more sleep.” Lin sounded really worried and I put my head up from the table. “I’m serious. You look exhausted. Is everything ok?” I just nodded and put my head on the table again. Lin still didn’t know about VIXX. I didn’t know how to tell her about my cousin and I was also really worried that my confession would change something between us. I didn’t lie to her but I kept it a secret. I didn’t even know if Lin was a fan of VIXX or not. We never talked about music to be honest. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I put it out slowly. A message of my cousin in our group chat:

“I have big news to announce today! Can’t wait to tell you all! ;)”

I was too tired to answer him now and put my phone away. I noticed that Lin also had her phone out and typed something with a big smile on her face. Now I got curious. For the past few days she was always smiling when she was on her phone. “Who is it?” I asked her and looked straight in her eyes. Her smile disappeared for a few seconds because she was obviously surprised. “Ehm..nobody..” She answered but I didn’t let it go now. “Oh, come on..for the past few days…no since the exhibition you’re always smiling when you’re on your phone.” Her eyes widened. “Ken?” I smiled at her and she blushed. Hah, I knew it. “Ken and you are texting?!” She looked on her phone and nodded. “Well…do you remember when we went away to go to the restrooms?” I nodded. “Well, he was waiting for me then and yeah..he asked me if  I would give him my number.” A little smile came over her face and her eyes shined when she talked about it. Oh my god, and Ken didn’t even say a single word about this. “Soo..you like him?” “I don’t know. He’s really nice and everything.” “Buuut?” Lin looked away now because our teacher entered the class room. “Nothing. I just don’t want things to change so fast.” She answered and then our lesson started.

She liked Ken. And obviously Ken liked her, too. Now that I thought about it I remembered that Ken was always trying to ask me something about Lin..but he tried to hide it. Maybe I should help her meeting Ken again? But then I would have to tell her about VIXX, too. I decided to go for it and pulled out my phone again. I had my eye on the teacher the whole time so he wouldn’t notice me using the phone right now and then I wrote in our group chat:

“Sounds great! Can I bring a friend with me today? :)”

I had to smile. Ken and Lin…they would be cute together. The lesson was really boring so for the first time in my life I was paying more attention to my phone than to the lesson. I waited for an answer but it remained silent.

“Finally we have lunch. I am so hungry!” Lin said and we went straight to the cafeteria and bought something to eat. I held Lin back when she wanted to sit at one of the large tables. “I have to tell you something in private. Can we go outside?” She looked at me with a strange expression on her face but then she nodded and followed me outside. “What’s up?” She asked immediately when we sat down on a bench outside. I looked around. No people were around us so I started to tell her. “Before I tell you, please promise me that you won’t get mad at me, ok?” “Ehm..ok?!” Wow, why was it so hard to tell her that my cousin and also Ken were idols? I bit my lip and searched for the right words. “Do you know the band VIXX?” She looked at me totally confused about my question but then she nodded. “I’ve heard of them. A friend of mine was a total fan of them and she was talking all the time about them.” Lin rolled her eyes. I looked on the ground now. “Ehm..yeah…you know, VIXX…it’s..” She interrupted me. “Oh my god, Sun, you’re a VIXX stan?! Like..a really big fan..?!” She was totally hyper about it and I had to laugh. “No..it’s something else..” Ok, I took a deep breath and decided to tell her now. “My cousin is the leader of the band.” That was the hardest sentence in my whole life and Lin’s mouth fell open for a few seconds but then she closed it again. “And?” I looked at her and was confused. She laughed. “That’s it? Why should I be mad at you now?” “Because I didn’t tell you?” She continued laughing and told me that she could understand me. “I guess many people would want to be your friend just because of your cousin if they knew this. So I totally understand it.” I hugged her when she said this and was so happy. I asked her if she wanted to come with me to Jellyfish Entertainment after school and she was totally excited to finally meet my cousin. We bought some food on our way to the boys and talked the whole time. I haven’t told her about Ken on purpose. I couldn’t wait to see her surprised face when she would meet him there then. The security man let us pass right away and we entered the elevator. “I’m really excited to meet your cousin.” She said and I opened the door to the practice room.

“Hey, guys!” I greeted Hyuk, Hongbin and my cousin who were sitting on the floor and were discussing something. They all stood up when they saw me and Lin and got curious. “You brought somebody with you?” N smiled and hugged me. “That’s Lin. She’s my best friend at university.” I introduced her and N smiled. “I’m Hakyeon. Sun’s cousin.” “Nice to meet you. Sun told me a lot about you.” Lin smiled back and now Hyuk and Hongbin introduced themselves to her. I looked around and was wondering where Ravi, Ken and Leo were. “I hope it’s ok to ask. Ehm, I always thought VIXX had more members.” “We are six people. The other members should come back in a few minutes.” Hyuk explained to her and then his eyes started to shine when he saw the food we brought with us.

We all sat on the floor and started to eat although Ravi, Ken and Leo were still missing. The boys started to ask Lin a lot of questions and I was really glad that they seemed to like her. We had a lot of fun and laughed when suddenly the door of the practice room was opened and the missing ones entered the room. Lin didn’t see the boys right away because she was sitting with her back to the door. “You started eating without us?!” Ken shouted with an aegyo voice and made a disappointed face. Lin next to me choked on her food when she heard Ken’s voice and I pat her back. She slowly turned around and Ken’s eyes got so big now. “Ken?” She whispered. “Lin, what a surprise!” He said and sat down to us. Ravi looked surprised but then he also sat down after Leo did the same.

Lin and Ken seemed really happy to meet again and I smiled. Mission complete! “N, what’s the surprise you were talking about?” I asked him curiously and the others stopped talking. “Ah, yes. Our manager called me today. After the concert we’re going to film a new diary episode. This time we’re going camping. But we have to drive to the location right after the concert.” He smiled at us and we all got excited. “Camping is great!” Ravi shouted and Ken was smiling the whole time. Hyuk and Hongbin were also happy and Leo was just sitting there and eating his food. “Are you coming to join us?” My cousin asked us both. “That depends. When is the concert?” Lin asked him back but then she had to neglect the offer when she heard that it was on Saturday. “I’ll be visiting my grandmother on Saturday. I’m sorry.” She sounded sad. “No problem. But you’re joining us, right?” I nodded and my cousin jumped up and hugged me from behind. “Aiiiir..” I was so happy when he released me.

After eating the boys started to practice again. Lin and I sat on the floor and watched them. She was really fascinated. This time the boys were also singing the songs live and wow, they were so good. They sounded so good live and I was so proud of my cousin. Leo’s high notes made me shiver all over my body. His voice was so wonderful and I couldn’t take my eyes off him. Lin noticed it and poked me in my side. “Leo looks good.” She whispered in my ear and winked at me. I tried not to blush and we continued watching them. When the boys performed the song G.R.8.U Ken even winked at Lin during the performance and she totally blushed. This time I poked her in the side and whispered in her ear: “I need to use the bathroom. Wanna come with me?” She nodded and we stood up and left the room as quietly as possible.

“Do you think he likes me?” Lin asked me while she was washing her hands. “Of course.” She smiled when she heard my answer. “What about Leo and you now? He’s barely even talking with you.” I sighed. “There’s nothing to talk about. He’s an idiot.”

When we came back to the practice room we were surprised because Ken was the only one in there. “Where are the others?” I asked him surprised. “We have solo practice today. Everybody is practicing for their solo performance at the concert now.” He explained and looked at Lin. It was the perfect moment now to leave them alone, I thought. “Well, Lin, you can watch Ken’s practice then. I’m going to Hakyeon!” I smiled and before they could say anything I left the room. Now they had time and could get closer. I giggled a little bit and tried to find my cousin now. I walked around but it wasn’t easy to find him. Suddenly I heard a piano playing and followed the sound. A door to a room was half opened and I went closer. I stood in front of the closed door and listened…

~ But I can’t let it go ~ ‘cause I still hope you know ~

That was Leo’s soft voice. I was surprised and continued listening.

~ What I’m….~

The piano stopped playing and I stood there dumbfounded. “There’s a mirror on the side, I can see you.” Leo suddenly said and I blushed. My head was as red as a tomato when I entered the room. “I’m sorry. I was searching for Hakyeon and then I heard this song.” I explained to him. He was sitting there and looking at me with his emotionless expression. “It sounded beautiful. Are you going to sing this song at the concert?” He nodded and stood up from the piano. “Can you play it again?” I shyly asked him because I didn’t want him to leave. “No. I’ve got something else to do now.” He said and left the room without saying anything else.

Why? I didn’t understand him. Was he mad at me because I listened to his song? I didn’t do it on purpose. Why was he acting this way? What have I done wrong? I needed answers this time. I turned around and ran after him. “Taekwoon, wait!” He stopped and turned around obviously surprised that I followed him. “We need to talk.” I told him and tried to sound eager. “I already told you that there..” I interrupted him immediately: “Why are you being so mean to me? What have I done? Is it because of the kiss in the hotel?” I felt tears coming up in my eyes now and looked at him. He stood there dumbfounded and I noticed something in his eyes. Confusion? Anger? What was it? “It is better this way..” I heard him mumbling and before I could say anything else he turned around and walked away really fast. I wiped away the tears that were running down my cheeks. Better? Better for him? Better for me? Forget him! I scolded myself so much now.

I went back to Lin and Ken after I dried my tears and caught them dancing in the practice room. Lin was obviously totally fascinated of the song G.R.8.U and Ken taught her the dance steps now. I joined them and we had a lot of fun. The song was really a good mood maker song and I totally enjoyed it with Lin and Ken. When Ken left the room to get us some drinks I quickly told Lin about the thing that happened with Leo. She put her arm around my shoulder and hugged me. “You shouldn’t give up. I think you two would make a great couple.” She whispered and hugged me even tighter. A great couple? Ken came back with the drinks and then we continued dancing to the song. I had so much fun with them and so I was able forget about Taekwoon and especially Lin’s opinion of this great couple thing for a time.