Chapter 6

Can You Smile

“Canada?” said Sooyoung, Hyejung and Hyesoon ant the same time. As expected, Myungsoo entered the court.

 

“Hyesoon-ah, please kill me right now,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Everyone, this is Kim Myungsoo, your new teammate,” Coach Shin introduced him to the teams. All of them clapped their hands except for the three girls. Myungsoo bowed towards them. “Okay, everyone, I’ll let you take your break for a while. When I come back, we’ll start our training,” said Coach Shin. When he left, everyone went to Myungsoo, especially the girls. The three girls ignored him, took a ball and started practicing by themselves.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, what should we do about him?” asked Hyejung.

 

“Well, what can we do? All that we have to do is ignore him,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Among all of the people in this school, why does it have to be him?” Hyesoon asked herself.

 

“Among all of the sports in this school, why does it have to be volleyball?” said Sooyoung loudly. She saw Myungsoo looked at her, but she pretended like she didn’t saw him. Myungsoo approached them.

 

“Annyeong, we meet again,” said Myungsoo. He acted like he had never done anything wrong to them.

 

“Once again, we had bad luck,” said Hyejung. The girls laughed. He stayed calm.

 

“Shouldn’t we forget what happen between us for the sake of this team?” asked Myungsoo.

 

“I don’t think that’s possible,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Come on, I can be a good friend,” he said. Even though he said it in a good way, Sooyoung couldn’t trust him.

 

“We already have our own friends that can take care of us, thank you,” replied Hyesoon.

 

At that moment, a group of six boys entered the court. They headed straight towards where the girls were.

 

“Yah, what’s happening here?” asked Sunggyu. He looked at Myungsoo.

 

“Nothing much. This guy here is the new player in our team,” answered Sooyoung. When Hyejung wanted to tell Sunggyu what really happened, Sooyoung nudged her ribs. Sunggyu held out his hand towards Myungsoo.

 

“Welcome to our team,” said Sunggyu warmly. Myungsoo shook hands with him.

 

“Kamsahamnida,” said Myungsoo. When Coach Shin appeared, all of them gathered around him.

 

“Why didn’t you tell Sunggyu the truth about that jerk?” asked Hyejung.

 

“I don’t want any trouble to happen,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Okay, everyone, as usual, we’ll start our practice by warming up with your partner. Park Sooyoung, since Lee Minsuk is not here, you’ll be paired with Kim Myungsoo.

 

“What?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“You heard me. Now, get with your partner,” said Coach Shin strictly.

 

“This time, I will kill myself,” she whispered to the girls.