Chapter 12

Can You Smile

Sooyoung was sitting on the bed when Myungsoo entered the room. There was a troubled expression on her face.

 

“Mianhe, that you have to do all this because of me,” she said slowly. He threw the first aid box on the bed.

 

“It’s good that you know it,” he said coldly. When he pressed her ankle, she screamed. He ignored her. He put some oil on her ankle and started massaging. Sooyoung had to control herself from screaming because she knew Myungsoo will scold her. When he had finished the massage, he bandaged her ankle. Mr. Park entered, bringing some hot porridge for his daughter.

 

“Sooyoung, make sure you finish this, okay,” he said.

 

“Okay, appa. Komawoyo,” she said. Mr. Park put the tray on her studying desk and left them. Myungsoo also wanted to leave the room.

 

“Myungsoo-ah, kamsahamnida,” she said to him. When he had left the room, Sooyoung took the crutches that Myungjun gave to her before and used it to stand. Slowly and carefully, she walked towards her studying desk, but she was still unfamiliar with the crutch. She lost her balance, but someone caught her before she fell on the floor. Myungsoo helped her to get to her seat. Sooyoung was very surprised when she saw Myungsoo. “I thought you’ve left,” she said. Myungsoo didn’t say anything. He took another chair from the store and sat in front of her. He took the porridge and fed Sooyoung. She still ate the porridge despite the fact she was very surprised because of his willing to feed her. Myungjun, who was sneaking up to see what they’re doing, quickly went downstairs and told his parents and Mr. Kim about his brother and Sooyoung.

 

“It looks like our plan works,” said Mrs. Kim happily. Her husband also looked happy with the news. Mr. Park was the only one who wasn’t happy.

 

“Minwoo-ya, aren’t you happy that our children are getting closer with each other?” asked Mr. Kim.

 

“It’s not like that, it’s good if they like each other, but I don’t think my family is compatible with your family,” answered Mr. Park.

 

“Minwoo sshi, that’s not important. All that we care about is we want someone who is nice, caring and able to love us as her own family, and Sooyoung has all that. It’s not family wealth that we’re looking for. If you say that again, you’ll hurt our feelings,” said Mrs. Kim.

 

“Kamsahamnida,” said Mr. Park. Mr. Kim held his hand.