Chapter 15

Can You Smile

 

Everyone had prepared for that day’s outing. All the stuffs had been brought into the caravan. They only waited for Sooyoung to come down.

 

“Are you she had woken up, Myungjun?” asked Mr. Park.

 

“Yes, when I went to wake her, she was already changed her clothes,” answered Myungjun.

 

“Did she change her mind? Maybe she decided not to come with us. Thanks to someone,” said Mrs. Kim. She glared at Myungsoo.

 

“Me?” asked Myungsoo.

 

“Is there any other people in this house who didn’t treat her nicely other than you?” asked Mrs. Kim. At that moment, they heard footsteps coming down from the stairs. Then, Sooyoung appeared, but she’s not using crutch anymore. Myungjun went to help her.

 

“Noona, are you okay? Why didn’t you use the crutch?” asked Myungjun. Sooyoung smiled.

 

“Don’t worry, Myungjun-ah, I’m fine,” answered Sooyoung. She walked down the stairs slowly. Mr. Park held her hands. “Appa, don’t worry. I can walk by myself, see?” she let go of her hand and walked around the spot. Mrs. Kim cheered.

 

“This is a miracle. Now you can really have fun with us,” she said and hugged Sooyoung. Sooyoung smiled. “Come on, everyone, let’s go.”

 

*

 

When they had arrived at the beach, they started to set up the tents and prepare the foods together.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, did you bring your swimming suit? You can change now and play in the water with Myungjun,” said Mrs. Kim. Sooyoung went into the caravan and changed. She didn’t wear a swimming suit, but she wore a tight short and a sleeveless t-shirt.

 

“Where’s your swimming suit?” asked Mr. Park.

 

“Oh, it was burnt together with the house,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Then, you should have wear a bikini instead,” said Mrs. Kim. The parents laughed together.

 

“I’ve promise to myself that only my husband can see my body,” said Sooyoung. She went to join Myungjun in the water.

 

“She’s still limping. How can she handle the pain?” asked Mrs. Kim slowly.

 

“That’s Sooyoung. When she wants to do something, she will do it no matter how difficult it is,” answered Mr. Park.