Chapter 18

Can You Smile

 

Everyone was enjoying the night. Sooyoung borrowed Myungsoo’s guitar and played a few songs to entertain her father, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, and Youngwoon. Myungsoo was sitting in the caravan and read a book.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, go and ask Myungsoo to play the guitar too,” said Mrs. Kim. Sooyoung nodded and went to get Myungsoo.

 

“Your mother wants you to play the guitar,” she said and passed him the guitar. He took the guitar and joined the group.

 

“Here comes our handsome guy,” said Mr. Park. Myungsoo smiled.

 

“Sweetheart, play the song that you always play whenever we went for an outing,” said Mrs. Kim. He started to play the guitar. The song was ‘Falling Slowly’. It was one of Sooyoung’s favorite songs. When he had finished, everyone clapped their hands.

 

“Kamsahamnida,” said Myungsoo. Myungjun looked around.

 

“Where’s Sooyoung noona?” he asked.

 

Sooyoung was taking a walk at the beach. The sound of the wind and waves really calmed her. She was drowned in her own thoughts that she didn’t notice Myungsoo was following her. The area was so dark. She didn’t notice that there was a hole on the ground. She almost fell, but Myungsoo caught her.

 

“You shouldn’t walk at dark places. It’s dangerous,” said Myungsoo. She pushed herself away from him.

 

“What are you doing here? You should be with your family,” she said. She continued her walk.

 

“I can’t let you walk alone like this. Your ankle is still not fully recovered,” he said.

 

“I’ll be fine. You shouldn’t trouble yourself for me anymore. Just go on and leave. Pretend like you haven’t known me,” she said. She walked away without even turning back. When she’s about 10 meters away, Myungsoo called her.

 

“Mianhe,” he said. Sooyoung stopped walking. “I know I made you feel bad, cheongmal mianhe,” he added. She couldn’t believe what she had just heard. When she didn’t give any respond, he added, “I’ll do everything that you want me to do.” She turned around.

 

“Cheongmal?” she asked.

 

“Ne,” he replied.

 

“Anything that I told you to do?” she asked again.

 

“Yes, anything and everything that you want me to do,” he replied. She walked towards him.

 

“Okay, I’ll forgive you only if you can do this for me perfectly,” said Sooyoung..

 

“What is it?” he asked.

 

“You must sleep in the sand for the whole night,” she answered.