Chapter 32

Can You Smile

 

It was Sunday, and everyone was at home doing their own activities. Mrs. Kim and Myungjun were very happy that Sooyoung had started to talk to them. Sooyoung sat in their garden and watered the flowers. Then, her friends arrived.

 

“Sooyoung-ah!” they shouted when they saw her. Sooyoung quickly put down the watering can and hugged her friends.

 

“When did you arrive?” she asked.

 

“Just now. It’s good to see you smiling again,” answered Sunggyu. Hyejung and Hyesoon couldn’t stop crying.

 

“Yah, stop it. Why are you crying?” asked Sungyeol.

 

“I’m just so happy that I can see her smile,” answered Hyejung.

 

“You’re such a drama queen, you know that?” said Sungjong.

 

“Shut up,” said Hyejung. Sooyoung laughed.

 

“Come, let’s get inside. I’ll make you something,” invited Sooyoung.

 

“It’s okay, you don’t have to trouble yourself. We just came here to see you,” said Dongwoo.

 

“Aniya, kwaenchana, come inside,” she said. They entered the house. Sooyoung was surprised to see Mrs. Kim had already prepared the foods. “Eomoni, how did you know?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“ I’m the one who told them to come here,” answered Mrs. Kim. “Come everyone, let’s eat some pat bing soo,” she invited them. They sat at the table.

 

“Wow, they look delicious,” said Dongwoo.

 

“Don’t be shy to ask for more if you want to. Eat a lot,” said Mrs. Kim.

 

“Kamsahamnida, eomoni. We’ll eat well,” said the teenagers.

 

“Eomoni, where’s Myungsoo?” asked Hoya.

 

“Yeah, where is he? We need to thank him for bringing our Sooyoung back,” said Woohyun.

 

“He’s still sleeping in his room,” answered Mrs. Kim.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, go and wake him up. We want to see him,” said Woohyun.

 

“Why me?” she asked them.

 

“He helped you,” said Woohyun. With that one sentence, Sooyoung stood up and went upstairs. She knocked his door.

 

“Myungsoo -ah, wake up. The others had come to see you,” she said from outside the door. When there was no answer, she opened the door and get inside. “He really has bad sleeping habits,” she muttered to herself. She shook his body. “Wake up, Myungsoo. They want to meet you,” she said. Suddenly, he turned to his other side and dragged Sooyoung’s hand along since her hand was holding his blanket. She couldn’t do anything. “Yah, Myungsoo -ah, let me go and wake up,” she said angrily. Then, he hugged her and made her like she’s a pillow. She couldn’t move. His eyes were still closed.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, what are you doing there?” asked someone from the door. She looked and saw her friends were looking at her gleefully.