Chapter 22

Can You Smile

 

“Oh, you know about that?”

 

“Yeah, I know it.”

 

“It was very difficult to sleep outside. There were many mosquitoes and it’s very cold. I’m sorry for making you do that.”

 

“Is that the reason why you sleep next to me?” She nodded. “No wonder people in the neighborhood call you ‘The lovely angel’.”

 

“How did you know that? I never tell you that.”

 

“Well, everyone has their own way to figure things out.” At that moment, Myungjun came, bringing the breakfast for all three of them.

 

“Komawo, Myungjun-ah,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Noona, hyung, can I ask something?” asked Myungjun.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Can you take me to outdoor water park?” he asked.

 

“When?”

 

“This weekend. I really want to go there. A lot of my friends have gone there and they always brag about it,” said Myungjun.

 

“Since you worried so much about me just now, I’ll take you there,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Really? Are you serious? Komawoyo, noona,” said Myungjun. He hugged her.

 

“Who’s going to take you there?” asked Myungsoo.

 

“You, of course. Who else do you expect?” Sooyoung asked him back.

 

“Hyung, you’re not coming with us?” asked Myungjun.

 

“Sookjeong-ah, Myungjun wants us to go together,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Okay, fine, I’ll go with you,” Myungsoo gave up. Myungjun hugged both of them tightly.

 

“Why don’t we ask noona’s friends to come with us? It’ll be fun,” suggested Myungjun.

 

“I’ll try and ask them whether they’re free or not this weekend,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Why are you following all of his wishes?” asked Myungsoo.

 

“I want to be a great noona for him and since I didn’t have any dongsaeng, I feel very happy to do everything that he wants,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Noona is the best. Hyung, I’m afraid you have to compete with noona from now on,” said Myungjun.

 

“Are you trying to say that Sooyoung is better than me?” asked Myungsoo. Myungjun stick out his tongue. “This kid… come here, Myungjun-ah!” He chased Myungjun until they reached the water.