Chapter 34

Can You Smile

 

That day was the fourth day Sooyoung didn’t talk to him. He didn’t even know why she’s acting that way.

 

“Myungsoo -ah, did you do something that made her angry?” asked Mr. Kim.

 

“How am I suppose to make her angry when I don’t even talk to her?” Myungsoo replied.

                                                                                                                      

“Then, why she’s behaving like that?” asked Mrs. Kim.

 

“I don’t know,” answered Myungsoo. He tried to get her to talk to him by making her angry, but she didn’t get angry.

 

Sooyoung was doing her homework in her bedroom. Since she was listening to her MP3, she didn’t hear the knock on the door. She almost fell off her chair when Mrs. Kim touched her shoulders.

 

“Kwaenchana?” asked Mrs. Kim with a smile.

 

“Ne, kwaenchanayo, eomoni,” she answered. Mrs. Kim sat next to her.

 

“Mianhe, it seemed like I really scared you,” she apologized.

 

“Anieyo, it was me who’s supposed to say sorry because I didn’t hear you knocked the door,” replied Sooyoung. She continued doing her homework.

 

“I’ve come to ask you something,” said Mrs. Kim.

 

“What is it, eomoni?”

 

“Did any of us have done something that hurt your feelings?” she asked. Sooyoung put down her pen.

 

“No, you didn’t. Why are you asking me that?”

 

“Well, you haven’t talk to us that much and you always lock yourself in your room.”

 

“It’s not that you’ve done anything wrong, it’s just that there’s something that bothers me, but it’s not that serious,” Sooyoung explained to avoid other misunderstandings.

 

“Are you thinking about Myungsoo?” asked Mrs. Kim.