Chapter 28

Can You Smile

 

Everyone was ready to go out. Myungjun was already at the front seat. They were only waiting for Sooyoung and Myungsoo to come down.

 

“Myungjun -ah, did your brother really said like that?” asked Mrs. Kim.

 

“Ne, but I’m not sure what he really meant. It might not be like that, but something really made noona angry. She didn’t even finish her breakfast,” answered Myungjun. When Sooyoung appeared, they quickly stopped talking.

 

“Where’s Myungsoo?” asked Mrs. Kim.

 

“He said he’ll come down in a few minutes,” answered Sooyoung. She stepped into the car.

 

“Why is he taking so long to get ready?” Mrs. Kim talked to herself. Then, Myungsoo came out. “Myungsoo -ah, I’ll bring out the car, you’ll close the gate,” said Mrs. Kim. He nodded. Mrs. Kim drove out the car. They waited for Myungsoo to get in.

 

“Omma, did you bring the camera?” asked Myungjun.

 

“Of course, do you really think I will forget it? It’s not like we can go to the zoo with Sooyoung everyday,” answered Mrs. Kim.

 

“Eomoni, why are you saying that? Of course we can if you want me to. I’ll go anywhere you ask me to,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Noona, can’t you just stay with us forever? You don’t have to buy a new house,” sid Myungjun.

 

“I can’t, Myungjun -ah. It’s not that I don’t like staying with you, it’s just that I must move out sooner or later,” said Sooyoung.

 

“It’s a not a must. You have a choice. You can choose whether you want to stay with us or you want to move out,” said Myungjun stubbornly.

 

“Myungjun -ah, don’t be like this. You’re making noona sad,” said Mrs. Kim.

 

“I just want her to become my noona forever. I don’t want her to leave,” said Myungjun in a slow voice. Sooyoung was very touched. She had never thought that she could meet a family like that, willing to take a stranger to become their family member even though she’s totally different from them. Her tears began to fall, but she hid so that Myungsoo won’t notice her.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, mianhe. Myungjun had never been treated that well by other people, except for family members. That’s why he’s behaving like that,” Mrs. Kim apologized for his son.

 

“Anieyo, kwaenchanayo,” said Sooyoung. She tried to control her voice, but Myungsoo seemed to notice it. He gave her a tissue. She looked at him.

 

“You don’t look good,” he said. She smiled.

 

“Komawo,” she said.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry for not posting L's photo...i don't know which photo should i use...mianhae....