Chapter 39

Can You Smile

 

It had been four days they’re living by themselves in that house. There’s not even one day that the house was quiet. They were arguing all the time about everything. They didn’t even talk to each other at school. Even their friends were getting tired of them.

 

“This is too much, really. How come you’re not talking to each other when you live in the same house?” asked Hyejung.

 

“If we open our mouths to each other, we’ll start to argue about anything. It will best if we just keep our mouths shut,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“How come you can behave like that to someone you like?” asked Hyesoon. Sooyoung snorted.

 

“You want to know something? I already started questioning myself on what made me like him,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Does that mean you don’t like him anymore?” asked Hyejung.

 

“Not yet, but I will,” answered Sooyoung. Hyejung and Hyesoon exchanged looks.

 

Even the boys were persuading Myungsoo. Just like Sooyoung, Myungsoo didn’t even give any positive reactions.

 

“Come on, dude. You can’t be like that. Even you told us yourself that she’s the first girl that you like. Are really going to let her go like that?” asked Hoya.

“I can’t stand it. She keeps yelling and nagging. I don’t think I want to live my life with someone like that,” answered Myungsoo.

 

“Do you really like her that much?” asked Woohyun. Myungsoo looked at him.

 

“What do you mean?” he asked.

 

“You’re not angry because she’s like that. You’re angry because it was you who made her do that. She’s angry because of you, that is the reason why you’re angry with yourself,” explained Woohyun. Myungsoo threw his gaze somewhere else.

 

“Wah, Myungsoo -ah. You’re the best, do you know that?” said Sunggyu.

 

“I don’t think I have to worry about my little sis anymore now that I know you’re always with her,” said Sungyeol. Even though he and Sooyoung were at the same age, he always assumes Sooyoung as his little sister.

 

“Bring up that courage, man. Tell her the truth. You’ll be disappointed if you don’t,” said Dongwoo.

 

“What if she doesn’t like me?” asked Myungsoo.