Chapter 43

Can You Smile

“Do you remember when I told you that I’ll tell you what I want tonight? Now I’ll tell you what I want. I want you to become mine forever. I don’t want to lose you. Can you give to me what I want?”

 

“Myungsoo -ah, I’m very happy that you said that, but I’m not-”

 

“Complete, is that what you want to say?” She nodded. “That’s not the reason that I like you. It’s not you who made yourself incomplete, it was me. I left you alone at home that night when I should’ve stayed at home with you,” explained Myungsoo.

 

“Does that mean you did this because you pity me?” she asked. she tried to pull away from him, but he held onto her.

 

“No, definitely not. I did this because I love you, Sooyoung. I love so much that my heart was so hurt when you didn’t talk to me back then. When you didn’t even look at me, I really felt like I want to hit myself with a hammer. Please believe me,” begged Myungsoo.

 

“I don’t want you to regret it later,” said Sooyoung. Myungsoo hugged her tightly.

 

“I’ll never regret it, Sooyoung-ah,” he said. Sooyoung let go off his hug. He looked at her helplessly.

 

“Close your eyes and pray. I’ll make my decision now,” said Sooyoung. He quickly closed his eyes. She smiled. He looked so cute when he did things like that.

 

“Have you made your decision?” he asked.

 

“No, not yet. Just close your eyes and don’t peek,” answered Sooyoung. She took a deep breath, and then she kissed him slightly on his lips. When she drew away from him, he grabbed her and kissed her again. This time, a passionate kiss. Without them knowing, there were people watching them at that moment. Infinite, Hyejung and Hyesoon who came to their house to meet Sooyoung couldn’t find her in her room. So they decided to seek her in Myungsoo’s room. When they saw what happened, all of them were very happy for their friends. They went to the living room and waited for them to come down.

 

After they kissed, they seemed to feel a bit embarrassed to look at each other. They didn’t say anything for a few minutes.

 

“I’ll go to my room first,” Sooyoung broke the silence. She left the room without saying anything else. Once she closed the door, she sat on the floor. She couldn’t believe what had just happened. She touched her lips. “Myungsoo just kissed me,” she said to herself.

 

Myungsoo also sat on the couch and thought about what had happened. Then, he smiled to himself. “She’s mine now, and I won’t let go off her,” he said while smiling to himself.