Chapter 27

Can You Smile

Sooyoung started to move around when she heard the alarm. She really didn’t want to open her eyes because she was still sleepy. She let the alarm switched off by itself. She covered herself with the blanket. At that moment, someone put his or her arm across her waist. She pushed it away without realizing what really happened. Then, that person put his arm across her waist again and this time, he also crossed his leg on her legs. She rubbed her eyes angrily and opened them. Myungsoo’s face was only a few centimeters away from hers. She was so surprised that she screamed loudly. Myungsoo who was surprised to hear her screaming also screamed. He even fell off his bed. Sooyoung pulled the blanket up to her chest.

 

“Yah, why are you screaming?” asked Myungsoo angrily.

 

“I screamed because I was shocked,” answered Sooyoung. “You didn’t do anything to me, right?” she asked.

 

“What kind of question is that? What do you think I will do?” he asked her back.

 

“I just want to make sure, that’s all,” said Sooyoung. “You told me not to go over to your side, but did you get to my side?” she asked.

 

“How should I know when I was asleep all the time?” He got on his bed. “This is my bed, get off,” he said and pushed her. She groaned in pain.

 

“Can’t you ask me nicely?” she asked angrily. He went back to sleep without answering her. She picked up her stuff and headed towards the door. When she opened the door, she looked at Myungsoo. Then, she put her pillows and blanket on the floor and went back to his bed. She gave the sleeping Myungsoo one last look before she used all her strength and turned over the mattress. Myunugsoo fell on the floor once again. She smiled happily and got out of the room.

 

“Yah, Sooyoung-ah!” yelled Myungsoo.

 

15 minutes later, Sooyoung went downstairs to eat her breakfast. When she saw Myungsoo was eating at the table, she pretended like she hadn’t seen him.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, you’re awake too. Hurry and eat your breakfast,” said Mrs. Kim. She put the food in front of her.

 

“Komawoyo, eomoni,” said Sooyoung. She started eating without looking at Myungsoo.

 

“Kids, since today is Saturday, what do you want to do today?” asked Mrs. Kim.

 

“Omma, can we go to the zoo?” asked Myungjun.

 

“Zoo? Hmm… that’s a good idea. Sooyoung, Myungsoo, you’ll come too, right?”

 

“Ne.” both of them replied at the same time. They looked at each other. “Aniyo.” This time also at the same time. Mrs. Kim smiled.

 

“Omo, even your thoughts are the same,” said Mrs. Kim. “Then, all four of us will go together,” she added. Both Myungsoo and Sooyoung sighed. “Why are you sighing?” asked Mrs. Kim.

 

“It’s nothing,” answered Sooyoung quickly.

 

“You can go and change after you’ve finished your breakfast,” said Mrs. Kim.

 

“Ne, eomoni,” said Sooyoung. Mrs. Kim left the kitchen and went upstairs.

 

“After I let you slept in my room last night, was that how you repay me?” asked Myungsoo angrily but in a low voice so that Myungjun won’t hear him.

 

“No, of course not. That one was to pay you back for pushing me from the bed,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Well, that’s my bed, I can do anything I want,” he said.

 

“Oh, really? Then, it was me who had to bear the pain when I fell on the floor,” she retaliated.

 

“Then, next time, don’t come to my room during the storm,” he said.

 

“After what had happened today, I’m not even thinking about that,” she said. She brought her unfinished breakfast, threw it into the dustbin, washed the dishes and went upstairs. Myungjun approached his brother.

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong with noona?” asked Myungjun.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe something happened to her last night,” answered Myungsoo. He too, went upstairs.

 

“What? Something happened to noona last night? It can’t be-” his words stopped there. Then, he smiled to himself.