Chapter 41

Can You Smile

It had been two months since the incident happened. Nobody else knew about that except her and Myungsoo. He even accompanied her to the hospital to make sure that she won’t get pregnant. Myungsoo always stays by her side to give courage to her. Their friends thought that they had finally settled their arguments, whereas Myungsoo’s family thought they’ve already told each other about their feelings. Thanks to him, Sooyoung was still able to go through her days despite what had happened. One day, after the volleyball practice, both of them went home together.

 

“Myungsoo -ah, thanks for taking care of me all these times,” said Sooyoung.

 

“If you’re really thankful, then you need to give me something,” replied Sookjeong.

 

“Okay, what do you want?” she asked.

 

“Can you really give it if I tell you to give it to me?” he asked to confirm.

 

“Well, as long as you’re not asking for something weird, I’ll give it,” she said.

 

“There is something that I want from you, but I won’t tell you now,” said Myungsoo.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because it’s something special. I’ll tell you when the time is right,” said Myungsoo.

 

“Okay, but can you at least tell me when? I mean, the exact time,” said Sooyoung.

 

“I’ll tell you tonight, but you can’t be surprise,” said Myungsoo.

 

“Arasso, I’ll be waiting,” she promised. Myungsoo smiled and walked ahead of her. Then without warning, she jumped on his back.

 

“Yah, what are you doing?” he yelled.

 

“Piggyback me, it’s been a long time since you last piggyback me,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“If you didn’t treat me badly, then I could’ve piggyback everyday,” said Myungsoo.

 

“Really? Great, then I’ll treat you nicely from today and you will piggyback every time we come home from school. Can you do that?” she asked.

 

“Cool,” he replied. Those two friends went home and talked happily along the way.