Chapter 24

Can You Smile

All of them were laughing very hard when Sooyoung and Myungsoo told them what happened in the class that morning.

 

“Yah, chincha daebak, both of you. We never even think about that,” said Sungyeol. Infinite was also known as the troublemakers in the school.

 

“It’s not intentionally done. I just said that so that I won’t get scold, but when everyone was screaming, Myungsoo pretended like he had killed the cockroach,” said Sooyoung. They laughed again.

 

“Yah, Sunggyu-ah, why don’t we try this in our class tomorrow?” suggested Dongwoo.

 

“That’s a great idea. Which one of our teacher that you think is scared of cockroaches?” he asked.

 

“I think it’s Mr. Choi,” answered Woohyun.

 

“Wait, I have a better idea. Let’s just bring the real cockroaches,” said Sungyeol. Sunggyu hugged his friend.

 

“Sungyeol-ah, you really are a great friend,” said Sunggyu.

 

“I can’t wait for tomorrow to come,” said Sungjong.

 

“Okay, let’s forget about that for now. I need to ask you something. Would you like to come with us this weekend? We want to go to Water Park,” said Sooyoung.

 

“We? Who are ‘we’?” asked Minho.

 

“Me, Myungjun, Myungsoo, Hyejung and Hyesoon,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“If everyone is going, of course we’ll go,” Sunggyu gave a definite decision.

 

“That settles thing easily. Thanks, guys,” said Sooyoung.

 

“No problem, sis. Ah, Myungsoo -ah, it’s good to have you in our group,” said Sunggyu.

 

“Komawo,” said Myungsoo.

 

“Actually, I’m quite surprised when Sooyoung told us that you wanted to join us,” said Hoya.

 

“Why was everyone feeling the same thing?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Well, he’s from Canada, and none of the students in this school is compatible with him. You belong in Shinhwa High, not here. That’s where people like you should go,” answered Sungjong. Sooyoung looked at Myungsoo with a guilty face.

 

“Truthfully, I used to think the same thing when your parents told me you’re going to study here. Mianhe,” she said.

 

“Since all of you had been sincere with me, I think I should tell you something too,” said Myungsoo.

 

“What is it?” asked Woohyun.

 

“You can tell us anything,” said Sunggyu.

 

“Actually, I also hate studying here at first. I don’t think I belong with any of you,” said Myungsoo.

 

“What did you say?” they shouted at the same time and chased him. When they went down the stairs, Sooyoung groaned in pain.

 

“Ouch, my ankle, it hurts again,” said Sooyoung. Everyone rushed to get her. Myungsoo, who was far ahead of her, was the first person to reach her.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, what’s wrong? Kwaenchana?” he asked nervously. At that moment, she quickly grabbed him.

 

“I got you,” she said. At first, nobody understood, but after a few moments, the others also grabbed Myungsoo.

 

“Yah, are you doing this to fool me?” asked Sookjeong. She nodded. The others laughed.