Chapter 21

Can You Smile

 

“Hyung, noona is drowning! Hurry up and save her, hyung,” he yelled. Myungsoo looked at the place Myungjun was pointing. Sooyoung went in and out of the water. Myungsoo quickly swam towards her. When he got there, Sooyoung was unconscious. He quickly swam and brought her to shore. Myungjun helped him. The parents ran towards them. Myungjun was crying heavily.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, wake up,” said Myungsoo. He did the CPR on her.

 

“Hyung, hurry up,” urged Myungjun.

 

“Sooyoung-ah,” called Mrs. Kim. Her tears also came out. Finally, Sooyoung began to cough out the water. Myungjun hugged her.

 

“Mianheyo, noona. You almost die because of me. Cheongmal mianheyo,” said Myungjun. She hugged him back.

 

“Kwaenchana, Myungjun -ah. I’m okay now,” said Sooyoung.

 

“What happened?” asked Mr. Park.

 

“We were playing with the ball, but I accidentally threw the ball too far. Noona swam to get the ball, but she suddenly drowned,” explained Myungjun.

 

“My leg cramped while I was swimming I couldn’t swim back to shore,” said Sooyoung. Myungjun bowed very low towards Mr. Park.

 

“Myungjun -ah, why are you doing that?” asked Mr. Park.

 

“Ajusshi, choesonghamnida. You almost lost your daughter because of me,” said Myungjun. Sooyoung pulled him.

 

“If you said that one more time, I won’t play with you again. Arasso?” said Sooyoung. Myungjun nodded.

 

“Komapta, Myungsoo -ah,” said Mr. Park.

 

“Anieyo,” said Myungsoo.

 

“Again, I gave you more and more problems,” said Sooyoung.

 

“It’s good that you know,” said Myungsoo and left.

 

“What? He apologized to you last night and today he’s talking to you like that?” asked Mrs. Kim angrily.

 

“It’s okay, eomoni. I didn’t expect him to change his way of speaking,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, are you really okay?” asked Mr. Park.

 

“Ne, appa, kwaenchanayo,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Noona, wait here, okay. I’ll bring the towel and something for you to eat,” said Myungjun.

 

“Okay,” said Sooyoung. They left her alone. Sooyoung looked towards the sea. She was very grateful that she was still alive.

 

“Here,” said a voice from behind her. He gave her bottled water.

 

“Komawo,” she said. Myungsoo sat next to her.

 

“Kwaenchana?” he asked.

 

“Ne, gokjongma,” she answered.

 

“Who said I was worried about you?” he asked.

 

“Nobody said that. I knew it myself,” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Komawo,” he said.

 

“What for?”

 

“For not letting me sleeping by myself for the whole night.”