43

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Seohyun

"One and only girl?" I scowled menacingly under my breath.

I was glaring at the innocently closed hotel room door that Myungsoo just walked out of with my limbs slung over the arm of the cushioned hotel chair. It didn't even make sense. During what seemed like the longest 48 hours of my life, Myungsoo decided that he would just ditch me and go off and do God-knows-what with Yeonsoo. Apparently he was busy with a lot of plans but I didn't believe any of his words. He would smile at me with distracted eyes and always had a pensive look on his face. I would ask him what was wrong but he would just shake his head and ruffle my hair with a small smile.

"Don't worry about it baby," he would say.

I didn't care much about his random daydreaming but what confused me the most was why he was suddenly attached to the hip with Yeonsoo. He was spending more time with her than me.

I was jealous and I wasn't even going to deny it. This vacation was our vacation and in the middle of our happy trip, Myungsoo decided to just change girls. I was getting awfully frustrated. Not to the point where I was going to break up with him but if Myungsoo kept drifiting away from me, I wouldn't have a problem leaving him. I mean I would, but...

I was borderline between infuriated and depressed. Whenever I thought about the situation, I wanted to strangle him for ruining this trip but then I got emotional and sulked around, sighing every other second and feeling my heart cascade down to the pits of my stomach.

I stared around at the empty hotel room and took yet another deep sigh, pushing my long bangs out of my face. The maid hadn't even come to clean the hotel room yet. That's how early in the morning it was when Myungsoo left with Yeonsoo after planting a kiss on my cheek.

It was a true mystery as to why he suddenly had so many places to go do by himself when just the other day we were sailing in the yacht discussing all the things that he had planned for the rest of our trip. I couldn't deny that he did plan a lot of stuff, though. But everything he planned for me was like a one person massage or one ticket to go to an art museum or a one person tour around the island. I did do all of those things because I felt like everything would be a waste if I didn't, but it seemed as if Myungsoo wanted to get rid of me.

Maybe he was doing something with Yeon while I was gone.

But even though Myungsoo would leave me alone, he would always come back no matter what. And the way he looked at me with that loving gaze was the same.

Something was suspicious but I was too scared to find out what was actually going on. Maybe something in his brain snapped the second he saw Yeon again and he decided that he wanted her back.

Just like he did with Jinah.

Or maybe I was just being too suspicious.

I started to gnaw on my pointer finger, deep in thought when there was a knock on my door.

"Coming," I called. I scrambled to get out of the chair and walked over to the door. But when I opened up, there was no one there. I frowned, looking around and rolled my eyes. Probably some kids doorbell ditching. As I was closing the door, though, I saw the backside of a polaroid picture on the carpeted floor in front of the room. I bent down to pick it up and turned it over, practically forgetting how to breathe in the process.

No.

Myungsoo

 

"Thanks Yeon," I smiled widely.

"No problem," she smiled back. I sighed in contentment at the piece of paper that listed all of the arrangements for tomorrow night- the night I was going to ask for Seohyun's hand in marriage. I felt my heart cascade down into my stomach at the thought of Seohyun all of a sudden. Lately I was busy with the preparations for everything that I was worrying about it every second. I wanted every single thing to be absolutely perfect and with Yeon's ability to control everything in the hotel, there was no way that the event wasn't going to be amazing.

I obviously couldn't tell Seohyun the reason why I was always with Yeonsoo but I trusted that Seohyun would trust me. After all we've been through, I'd be the crazy maniac if I let a mistake happen.

Due to the last minute screw ups by the event staff, I spent the last two days fixing everything with Yeon and prepping the small details. Who was I kidding, I barely saw Seohyun in those long hours of prepping but I just begged for her to hang on, just until tomorrow night. Then Seohyun would know why I was never with her.

"Hey. What are you thinking about so deeply?" Yeon asked, waving a hand in front of my face. I blinked a couple of times and flashed her a smile.

"Nothing."

"Okay, well we're going to get some lunch now," Yeon grabbed my hand and gently pulled me towards the direction of the restaurants.

"I told Seohyun that I'd be back, though," I frowned.

"She'll understand. We finally finished preparing, we should celebrate, right?" she urged with a teasing smile on her face.

"Maybe next time, Yeon. I barely got to do half of the things I wanted because of the whole proposal thing."

"Alright, fine. You know, I didn't know how sweet you could be. Most guys just get down on their knee and ask but of course you have to prepare a fancy dinner and rent out the whole poolside."

I smiled, "Only for my girl." I saw Yeon's smile slightly waver. I wasn't stupid. I knew that she still liked me. And I felt bad pulling Yeon into the whole proposal but I felt that maybe she would just realize that in my eyes we were just friends.

Yeon chuckled, "Fine, loverboy. See you tonight."

"Tonight?"

"The party?" She asked as if I was stupid for not remembering.

Oh yeah that. The thought of the party left my head. I didn't want a "bachelor" party but Yeon insisted on having one while I was in Jeju anyway. She claimed that we'd just party at the hotel club and I could call a couple of my friends to fly down but she made the whole party seem like something bigger than that.

"Of course. See you tonight," I bid farewell. Yeon gave me a wave and a slightly stiff smile before she walked away swiftly, hugging her clipboard close.

I watched her leave before I headed up the elevator, my mind clouded with thoughts. I felt bad for doing this to Yeon but not only had I directly told her that I wasn't interested in her anymore, I showed her with Seohyun. I thought that that would be enough but Yeon kept trying to piece her way into my heart.

I shook my head and emptied my mind of all the useless thoughts. Whether Yeon loved me or not, the only girl that I would ever love is Seohyun. I smiled at the thought of finally getting to rest after the preperations and just chill with my girl... until I had to leave for the party of course. I groaned as I walked down the nicely carpeted hallway. I didn't even want to throw a bachelor party anymore. Yeon was the one that made the party a huge deal.

I slid in the hotel room card and it beeped open.

"Seo, I'm back."

"Huh?" Seohyun whirled around, surprised, and quickly throwing one of her hands behind her back.

I chuckled a little, teasing her, "What were you doing?"

"N-nothing," she stuttered. Seohyun tucked her hand in her shorts and slipped whatever she was hiding into her back pocket. She ran a hand through her hair and took a breath, slightly flustered, face red. Seohyun's tried taking a step forward but her legs seemed to give in under her as she stumbled forward.

I hurried forward and caught her, my eyebrows furrowed in worry. She looked like she was going to pass out anytime soon. "Are you okay?"

"Kinda," she muttered, feeling her forehead.

"Lay down. I'll go get some ice from the machine or something," I laid her down on the bed, laying my blanket on top of her and grabbing the round ice basket on my way out the door.

"Myungsoo... Myungsoo."

"What?" I looked back, my hand on the knob and my body half out the door.

"You don't have to get anything, I'm fine. I just got dizzy all of a sudden," Seohyun said, sitting up on the bed.

I frowned, "Are you getting sick or something?"

She shook her head, "Probably just tired."

"Okay..." I shut the door and walked back to where Seohyun was sitting and plopped down next to her.

"Myung?" Seohyun whispered.

"Mhmm?" I gently grabbed her head and laid it on my shoulder, playing with her soft hair.

"Why'd we even come on this vacation?" she asked. I stared at her, flustered. Why did we come on this vacation? Well, to spend time with each other, make memories, and so I can fancily ask you for my hand in marriage.

But all that came out was stuttering. "W-what?" I knew that Seohyun and I didn't do half of the things we planned on due to the last minute proposal arrangements and all but I didn't know that she would actually ask me why we came.

"I mean," Seohyun started, "I thought that we would be spending more time with each other. I mean, I thank you so much for everything and all the money you're spending on me but it'd be ten times more fun if you were just... with me."

"I'm sorry. I know that I've been away but you just have to trust me, okay? I promise that I won't disappoint you," I said, taking her hand. I glimpsed at our entangled fingers, Seohyun's hands just laying coldly in mine.

"What do you mean 'disappoint'?" Seohyun asked. I sighed. How would I explain this?

"Just, trust me." I planted a kiss on her forehead.

After our conversation, I realized the depth of what Seohyun was saying. Throughout the whole trip, we spent about one or two days together at most and the rest, I was planning with Yeon. It was my fault, I guess, but I wanted everything to be perfect for the proposal. I just prayed that Seohyun would trust me and hold on. So for the rest of the day, I stuck with Seohyun and ignored all of the calls and texts from Yeon asking me where I was. And after doing everything that we could possibly do on the island in a short time span and by gaining 10 pounds in the process from all the food we consumed, Seohyun was smiling again and so was I.

Well, Seohyun was sort of smiling. She had an agitated expression sometimes and went into random deep thoughts but I just shook it off, teasing her. She was probably feeling sick from before. Either way, we spent the whole day together just as planned.

Until the clock ticked seven.

Seohyun and I strode into the hallway of our hotel room hand in hand after a cool-down walk on the beach, laughing and smiling.

"God dammit, Myungsoo!"

Seohyun frowned and stopped walking, looking at the entrance of our hotel room. I followed her bewildered gaze to see Yeon kicking our dark mahogany door with her stilleto heel, enraged and dressed in party clothes.

"Myung, what is she doing?" Seohyun frowned, gripping my hand a little tighter.

"Good question," I mumbled. I tugged on Seohyun's arm, urging her to follow me. "Yeon?" I called quietly, walking carefully towards her, scared for Yeonsoo to explode in anger. But I knew too well why she was at the door.

Yeonsoo whipped around, glaring at me, then glaring at Seohyun briefly, to glare at me again. "Why weren't you picking up any of my calls?"

I practically felt Seohyun tense up beside me.

"I'm sor-"

"-Never mind," Yeon waved my apology off with a manicured hand, "The party's about to start."

Seohyun turned towards me, "You're going to a party?"

"Yeah, about that," I started. Yeon linked her hand in my arm and tugged me towards the elevators. Seohyun raised her eyebrows, waiting for an explanation as Yeon was tugging me further away.

"I-I'll be back soon. Don't forget to eat dinner!" I called through the hallway. I sighed, taking my arm out of Yeon's and fixing my white button-down shirt.

"Are you sure Seohyun can't come?" I asked Yeonsoo once we got onto the elevator.

She slightly scoffed, "Everything's more fun without your girlfriend. She's grown up, she's not going to die from being alone one night."

"But still, I feel bad. I left her alone the whole vacation. I don't want to stress her out right before I ask her-"

"Hey, L?"

"What?"

"We're here," Yeon said, ignoring my words as if they were never spoken. The elevator doors opened to a scene of the dark beach and dancing bodies along with bonfires and a bar. Colorful lights were streaking through the dark night and Yeon grinned beside me.

"Drink?" she motioned towards the suited waitor, holding up a black tray of bubbly concotions.

I stared at the drinks a couple of seconds before giving into myself, "Why not?"

"That's my boy," Yeon smiled, handing me a glass.

I  took a sip of the drink before looking up at the high stories of the resort to see if I could see Seohyun from the window or anything. But I couldn't, of course. I sighed, the guilty feeling eating up my stomach again, but Yeon quickly grabbed my attention by pulling me by the arm.

"Oh my God, one night," she rolled her eyes. "It's not gonna kill you."

I nodded, looking up once again before burying the guilty feeling deep deep down inside.

It was just a party.

 

 

 

 

 

okay to anyone who read this chapter before it was uploaded again, a couple of things were changed but it's overall the same, kinda except for one thing but y'all who read this before, pretend like you know nuthin please (; thanks for waiting so super duper long everyone <3
oh and random fun fact: all the korean names in this fic are names of people i actually know.. O_O except for myungsoo of course. it'd awkward if someone i knew found this fic.