24

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Seohyun

"Back already?" Woohyun asked as I got into the car.

I nodded.

"Is he okay?" Woohyun asked slowly.

I nodded again.

"I'm sorry for making you rush over like this on our anniversary," I apologized.

"No, it's okay. He's your friend. This is the least I can do," Woohyun smiled, "And anyway. It's past our anniversary." I looked at the clock to see that it was already 1 in the  morning.

"That went by way too fast." I sighed.

"Oh well. Did you have fun?"

"It was the best," I replied with a grin. 

"Good," he said.

I woke up the next morning on my bed. I didn't remember anything yesterday about walking myself up to my apartment when I saw a note on the headboard : I couldn't get myself to wake you up so I carried you up. Love you baby. Woohyun.

I smiled and stuck the post it on my refrigerator.

I played back yesterday's activities when I got to seeing Myungsoo. Maybe I overdid my feelings a little. I was hurt when he was so cold to me but he's shocked from Jinah's death.  I practically fainted when Sunggyu called me and told me what happened. And I practically died when he told me what happened to Jinah. I know that she was the one that Myungsoo was cheating on me with but that doesn't mean I'm totally heartless and didn't care if she died.

Maybe I shouldn't have rushed into the room like that. He was overwhelmed with the information about Jinah. I understand when he was all hostile but I had no clue why he had to add in the fact that she was the only girl he would ever love again. And now I was all regretful and beating myself up over making drama when I left the room like I did. 

I have to admit that it was probably weird that I suddenly popped into his life again. Like I said to Sungjong- it had been months since we last saw each other.

If I could, I would start over to where we never met each other and stay that way.

It'd make life a whole lot easier.

I did my usual morning routines before I went out to go to work again. After Howon leaving, work became 10 times more dull. But the work load still didn't change, to my disappointment.

Then again, I had Woohyun. But I barely saw him. He had a lot of work, also. We had barely enough time to say a simple "hi", nonetheless wave to each other.

So much was on my mind.

It was insane how traumatic life could become.

I sighed and looked over all the work I had to do that was sprawled across my mahogony desk. I leaned back in my swirly chair and took in the same, exasperating furniture and walls.

The door knob started to turn as Woohyun stuck his head through the door, "Hey."

I smiled, "Hey."

"What are you doing?" he asked as he came in and shut the door softly.

"Nothing. I'm just bored and I don't want to do my work," I sighed. He chuckled and pulled up a chair to my desk.

"Are you supposed to be here?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No, I'm supposed to get coffee for the co-workers. But I wanted to see you," He grinned.

"So bad," I joked.

"Mmhm," he lifted his body off the chair and leaned over so his face was only centimeters from mine. I felt my heart beat faster as he smiled teasingly.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I want to kiss you," he murmured, his gaze shifting from my eyes to my nose to my lips.


"Not now." I swirled my chair over to the computer and started typing up a new business report when he raised his hand to my face and turned my neck towards him, leaning forward to kiss me.

"Eh hem," Someone cleared their throat at the door. Woohyun practically jumped up and turned around to see one of the co-workers raising their eyebrows at us, "Where's the coffee?" 

Woohyun smiled sheepishly and turned around and went out the door. My face was bright red as Woohyun gave me a little wave and a wink as he left.

 

Myungsoo

 

They discharged me from the hospital early as long as I agreed to come in for regular check- ups.

But my physical problem was the least of my worries.

Jinah's funeral was later today and I wasn't sure if I could take going. The guys said that they were going. They said that I should come too. But then I'd have to face her parents. I'd have to face her friends. I'd have to face the fact that she was actually dead.

I never imagined- I wouldn't want to- that something like this would happen. 

My life wasn't supposed to be a dramatic movie. Things like car crashes and deaths only happened in fiction. Not in real life.

Not in Kim Myungsoo's life.

"Hey man," Sunggyu laid his hand on my shoulder, "You should start getting ready."

Sunggyu, Dongwoo, and Sungyeol all came to my house before the funeral to pick me up. They believed that I was going no matter how much I insisted that I wouldn't step foot on the funeral site. I couldn't.

"What do you mean?"

"For the funeral," he said. I looked up to see that him and the guys were in their black suit, all shaved and clean for the funeral.

I just stared at them.

This couldn't be possibly happening.

"I told you that I wouldn't go," I muttered quietly. The boys sighed and eyed each other.

"Come on. Pay your respects," Dongwoo nudged.

"I KILLED HER. Do you think anyone at that funeral wants to see my ing face?" I erupted. I couldn't take the fact that she was dead- I couldn't take the fact that I was the one that killed her. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I could've at least taken note of that and saved her life.

None of this was supposed to happen.

"Myu-" Sungyeol started.

"I can't go," I walked out of the living room and slammed the door to my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I heard their muffled talking but I covered the pillow over my head until I heard them sigh and leave the house. I didn't leave my room until ten more minutes as I peeked my head out the door to make sure they were gone.

I felt like a coward not being able to face everyone but I couldn't get myself to.

Nothing was supposed to end up this way.

Jinah and I were supposed to be perfect. We weren't supposed to be in a car crash. She wasn't supposed to die. Now I really didn't know what I had. I was so lost. I was lonely.

I shout out a cry of frustration as I stormed out of the apartment with the car keys in my hand. When I got to the car, I got in and slammed the door shut behind me as I drove off to nowhere. I didn't know where I was going but I was driving at 100 miles per hour.

It probably wasn't smart due to the fact that I just got in a car crash but I didn't care.

I just needed to get away from life.

I drove wherever my car took me until the night turned pitch black. I ended up on the shore of the River and I parked my car right in front of the water. I wonder if the funeral ended by now. My phone had a billion missed calls and unopened text messages but I didn't care to answer any of them.

I didn't want to.

I got out of the car and kicked my shoes off as I stood ankle deep in the water. I just wanted to jump into the river and swim somewhere and never come back. I stood there, kicking around the black liquid until my skin became numb.

I turned around and started to manuever my way out of the water when I heard someone call my name. I saw a shadow of someone standing at the shore. As I got closer to the shore, the moon shed some light on the person's face to reveal that it was Seohyun.

I didn't understand why I always met her at the most random times in the most random places. Especially when I wanted to be alone. Seoul wasn't even that small and there was so many places to go. But why was it that we always ended up in the same place at the same time? 

I cleared my throat, "Why are you here?"

"I wanted fresh air," she replied, kicking the rocks underneath our feet.

"Oh," I responded.

"Did you go the funeral today?" her harmless question shook me back into the nightmare called reality.

"No."

"Oh... I'm sorry," she said quietly. We stood there in our silence as the water gently washed onto the shore, making the rocks gently clack against each other.

"I'm sorry for yesterday. That I took your hand and rushed to you suddenly like that," Seohyun said. I looked at her to see that she still couldn't make eye contact with me. Truthfully, she wasn't the one to apologize.

She didn't do anything wrong.

I was just being a bastard.

"I was just worried," she added. She finally looked up at me to see that my gaze was directly on her and she quickly looked away again. We were so awkward now. "I mean, I'm not heartless. I have to care if my friend was in a car crash, right?" she muttered. She filled the silence by clearing .

We were friends?

I wasn't sure about my feelings toward Seohyun. She seemed like my girlfriend too long ago. Even if I wanted to, it seemed as if all of my happiness and memories with her had totally disappeared from my mind like amnesia.

It seemed like we could never go back to how we were before no matter how much we tried.

"I hope you don't take the crash too hard on yourself. It wasn't your fault," she kept talking, "And I'm pretty sure it happened for a reason."

I just kept staring at her. Despite her fear to look up at me, she did and waited for a response. But I didn't say a word and she sighed as she looked back down. "I need to stop talking," she chuckled.

After some silence, she spoke again, "I better get going."

She didn't look at me again and walked off into the darkness. I slightly frowned. Was she planning on walking home? I shook the thought off. She wasn't stupid, she was probably taking the bus.

I sat down on the shore and played with the water everytime it swept up to my bare feet. The bright city lights lit up the darkness and it made me think-

I never showed Seohyun the stars I promised I'd show her.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

lol so myungsoo's pov in the last chapter was not a flashback. if it wasn't made clear thru this chapter; seohyun just got the call from sunggyu and rushed right over to the hospital.
 

you guys all have pretty different opinions on Jinah's death. lol i kinda feel bad for killing her... too late i guess ... LOL. shoooottttt /heartless.

nonetheless, thank you guys for all your comments and everything. i hope this fic isn't too y for you guys ((: