20

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Seohyun
- - - - - - - -

"I miss you," I spoke to the Howon on the computer screen.

After a mini-argument, I finally gave in and agreed to use the webcam on my laptop instead of have him drive back up to Seoul to see me. It took a while for him to explain to me how to work the darn thing but I got it to work eventually.

"I miss you too," he sighed, "I'm so sorry-"

"It's not your fault," I said, "I've been in your position only a billion times- you know that."

He nodded and a small smile crept onto his face after a delay, "You know... I met my childhood friend again."

I raised an eyebrow, "Did you really? It's kinda weird that your friends with people I don't know. I knew everyo-"

 "-A girl," he interrupted and grinned cheekily, showing his canine teeth.

"It's a female?"

"Why do you have to say it like that?" Howon seemed disappointed at my reaction, "Sounds like we're talking about a dog."

"So I'm guessing from that creepy smile- you have feelings for her?"

Howon nodded slowly.

"Finally!" I smiled and gave him applause over the webcam, causing him to blush.

He smiled, "There's the reaction I wanted." I didn't get to respond because his mom was calling him from the other side. He quickly whispered, "Don't worry, your forever my best friend- I love you", and shut down the computer as the little box turned black.

I sighed and shut the lid of my laptop. I missed him so much.

I really needed some friends.

At work, I attempted to ask some of my work-mates out to lunch but there was no one to ask. Besides, even if there was someone, eating with them would  be super awkward. And when things are awkward, I say stupid things.

I hugged my knees close to my body and let out a depressed sigh.

Truthfully, I wasn't happy at all that Howon finally liked someone. I was jealous, but not in that way. I was jealous because he found friends and a girl. And knowing his personality, he would easily adapt back to his hometown.

I chuckled at my childish jealousy. This was ridiculous. It wasn't like Howon could stay single forever. It's just that I was scared that if he finally found a girlfriend, he wouldn't have time to webcam with me, text me, call me, write me, or whatever.

I shook my head. What kind of worries were these?

This life of mine...

- - - -

I parted from the hug with Woohyun as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and held me close to him. 

I'm so empty, I thought. But I plastered a fake smile on my face.

I put all my worth in my boyfriend. But I held his hand a little tighter and gave him a loving smile.

I'm alone. But I didn't want to dare think that... So I attatched myself to Woohyun. I was so broken. I didn't even know how messed up I was until after Howon left. And I had no one except for Woohyun. And if I even lost him, I have no clue what I would do.

So I stuck onto him like a leech.

But he didn't protest so I kept meeting up with him as we got closer and closer.

"Seohyun? You listening?" Woohyun waved his hand in front of my face as I blinked out of my pensive expression. He laughed, "I'm guessing not?"

I shook my head no and gave him a sheepish smile, "Sorry." He just gave me a smile back, twirled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. It felt good to be in someone's arms again.

"Office couple," one of my colleagues snickered jokingly as she walked past us. I stuck my tongue out at her as she rolled her eyes playfully. Linking arms, Woohyun and I walked into my office where we plopped down on the couch.

He started to say something as he played with my fingers, "Hey..."

"Mm?" I replied.

"What's the relationship between you and that Myungsoo guy?" he asked hestitantly.

There was a silence. "I mean, you don't have to reply, I was just wondering," he added quickly.

"He was my first boyfriend," I responded after a delay/

"Oh," he played with my fingers some more, "How long were you together?"

"'Bout seven years."

"That's long," he muttered, "What happened?"

"We fell apart," I replied, "...And he cheated on me."

"Bastard," Woohyun scowled, "He doesn't deserve you. Why the hell would he even think about cheating on someone like you?"

I gave him a small smile, "It's okay. It's all in the past anyway."

"It's not okay!" he erupted in rage. I squeezed his hand as a sign of assurance.

"I hate people like him," Woohyun shook his head.

"Me too," I whispered. He nodded in agreement.

"So. Will I be able to meet your parents soon?" he asked eagerly.

"I... don't think so," I answered truthfully.

"Why?" he looked a little hurt, "I won't say anything stupid, I just-"

"I'm not in touch with them and I haven't even seen them in about eight years. Do you want to meet my bestfriend then? Oh wait, he moved to Busan and I don't have one anymore. Do you want to meet one of my stuffed animals then 'cause I have plenty of those?!"

Woohyun looked taken aback at the tears forming in my eyes. I felt ashamed that I erupted at him like that. I didn't realize how stupid my words sounded. I was even surprised that he didn't laugh at my last sentence.

"Sorry," I grunted, hastily wiping the tears away. But he didn't say anything and held me close to him.

"No, I'm sorry that I brought the whole thing up, I should've known better," he said into my hair, "You can trust me. Don't keep things bottled in like that. I'm your boyfriend, right?" he pat my back affectionately as I nodded into his well built chest.

 

Myungsoo:
- - - - - - - - - - -

"What do you mean, he moved?" I raised an eyebrow.

"He went back down to Busan," the receptionist told me. Huh. Hoya went back to his hometown? I was never attached to him, nonetheless friends with him. Its just that I was wondering how he was doing since he was my intermediary for me and Seo every now and then. I felt like I should thank him by eating some dinner with him but I guess he moved?

"Thank you," I bowed. She went back to typing on her computer as I head for the exit. I wonder how Seohyun's taking this. She's probably broken to pieces, Hoya was her bestfriend for the longest time.

I laughed at the thought of Seohyun. No, I wasn't laughing at her, I was laughing at myself. For how about three weeks straight I used to send her stalker gifts. Then I decided that it was just driving me crazy so I told myself that I would stop trying to fit myself into her life.

I shrugged as I pushed the door open. But someone's hand clenched around my shoulder and turned me around.

I came face to face with that Woohyun guy.

I raised an eyebrow and he smirked, "Hey."

"Hi?"

"L," he said under his breath.

"What did you just say?" I shrugged his hand off my shoulder.

"I think it's cute that you used to send her letters after you cheated on her..." Woohyun chuckled mockingly. I opened  my mouth to shoot back a witty comment but he talked first.

"Don't you dare try to defend yourself. How are you so careless about what you did to her?"

"What do you mean."

"Don't play dumb. But I hope you know that Seohyun's my girl now."

I felt like throwing up. Seo had terrible taste in picking him to date.

Well, I guess I wasn't the best boyfriend either.

"I heard so," I said calmly, "But I hope you know that I really don't care."

"Yeah, and she doesn't care about you either," Woohyun smirked, "I'm just warning you to keep away from her."

"No problem," I shot him a glare and a menacing smile as I walked out of the building.

That guy pissed me off. Who is he to tell me that Seohyun didn't care about me? So annoying, he's like a freaking bug that won't stop bothering me. I rolled my eyes and walked to my car, slamming the door shut.

I should warn Seohyun not to get too close to that guy because he's creepy. Wait, what was I even thinking? I hastily put my phone away and started the engine of my car, driving off to my next photoshoot.