36

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Seohyun

"I hope you know that she's not going to stay forever, Howon," I muttered.

Even though he told me that we couldn't meet anymore, I wasn't letting Howon's delerious, over protective girlfriend get in the way of our friendship. So after about a couple of days of outright persuasion, I finally got Howon to meet me outside the house at a small cafe on the corner of the street near his house.

Howon leaned back in his seat, raised his eyebrows and let out an annoyed scoff, "And who are you to tell me that?"'

"Can't you see that you guys aren't going anywhere?" I tried to keep my voice as calm as possible, "She spends your money, she goes out at night all the time but you can't? And if you haven't noticed- she's extremely unnecesarily over protective."

"Hana's not like that," Howon practically growled, "I love her and she loves me.That's all that matters, right?"

"Li-"

"She's going to change," Howon grit his teeth.

"People don't change," I murmured. Our conversation became tense and heated as we glared at each other. I wanted to slap Howon in the face and make him realize how much of a waste his relationship with Hana was.

"People don't change? People don't change?" Howon glared at me as he leaned closer towards me over the table, announciating every word as if he wanted to pound his message into my head, "Then how about your precious boy, huh?"

"What are you talking about?" I quietly asked, starting to sulk down in my seat.

"Hana can't change but Myungsoo can? Aren't you two all good now? Didn't you forget everything? Isn't he just the most perfect boyfriend ever now that he changed?" I could tell Howon wanted to yell at me but the fact that we were in a quiet cafe restricted him from doing so.

I let the words sink in and I automatically felt regret about what I had said to Howon before. I had to admit that I never really thought before I said things when I was upset or trying to make a point.

"Whatever, I don't give a ," Howon scoot his chair out abruptly and grabbed his backpack, violently swinging it across his back as he made his way out of the cafe. Some heads turned to look at what had caused the man to become so angry as whispers and sudden stares from customers made me even more upset that I already was.

I shook my head as I sank down in my seat, staring at Howon's full coffee cup on the other side of the table.

I felt my pocket vibrate and I checked the caller ID to see that Myungsoo was calling.

Speaking of the devil...

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hey, Seo. I was hoping you'd pick up."

I gave him a small involuntary laugh.

"I was wondering if you were free tonight?"

"Why?" I asked.

"There's this business party I have to be at. And I want you to go."

"Uh, I don't know," I said, playing with my untouched cake.

'Why? Do you have something?"

"No, it's just that-" I stopped playing with my food at the sound of Myungsoo's voice. He hated when people played with their food. I set my fork down but then laughed inwardly at my actions. Why do I even care?

"Well then I'll pick you up at eight, okay?"

"No, wait-"

"See you soon," Myungsoo crooned before I heard him hang up.

- - -

Remember to dress formal :) see you in a couple of minutes, pretty.

I rolled my eyes at the text but a content smile formed on my lips. I leaned closer to the mirror and stared at my reflection, perfecting my make up. I stepped back and straightened my dress, contemplating whether or not to wear the red dress in the back of my closet versus the black one I had on right now for only the umpteeth time when I heard the bell ring.

Oh well-too late now, I thought as I grabbed my purse and heels.

"Hi," I smiled as I opened the door.

"Hi," Myungsoo smiled back. He looked at me up and down and I did the same. Kim Myungsoo never really liked to wear formal-wear but when he did, he looked absolutely amazing. His dark brown hair was swooped up elegantly and his black slacks complemented his long legs.

"Is this formal enough?" I asked, staring down at my dress.

"It's perfect. You look beautiful," he answered. 

"Thanks," I said with a grin and slipped on my heels.

"Ready?" Myungsoo asked. I nodded again and Myungsoo reached out his hand. I laughed. "Why are you being so gentleman like? Unlike you," I joked.

"What can I say, it's a special occasion. Like one of those dances we had in high school," Myungsoo grinned.

I shook my head, "Oh Lord, please don't bring that up again."

"Why? It was fun, I still have the picture of us from it," he said innocently.

"Well, maybe it was fun for you because you can actually dance," I pointed out.

"I promise today will be ten times more fun than prom - whether you have to dance or not," Myungsoo said. He raised his hand, indicating for me to take it. I smiled and placed my hand in his as he led me down the staircase of my apartment.

The business party was at a lavish Italian-styled hotel ballroom. Affluent men and women with extremely expensive looking gowns and tuxes stepped out of their limos and black cars as valet parkers hurriedly parked their expensive automobiles. After we went through the similar process of valet parking and walking down a mini-red carpet, we entered the impressive ballroom. I linked arms with Myungsoo as we weaved through the crowd of significant people. There was a tinkering of noise as people clinked their expensive chamapagne glasses and classy, controlled laughing was heard from around the room as waitors held up trays full of exquisite foods.

"Hello, Mr. Kim."

Myungsoo turned around with my arm still linked in his. A man was benevolently smiling at Myungsoo as he bowed and they shook hands.

"Good to see you made it," the man said.

"Good to see you here also," Myungsoo replied. He turned to me, "This is my girlfriend, Seohyun."

My eyes slightly widened but I maintained a smile on my face, "Hello," I said. Myungsoo pulled me a little closer to him.

"She's beautiful," the man said to Myungsoo, "You picked out a nice one."

"I know," Myungsoo smiled, "She's very beautiful."

The man and Myungsoo continued talking about business but I didn't hear any part of their conversation. All I could think about was the fact that Myungsoo had introdued me as his girlfriend. When the two men finally stopped talking, I looked up at Myungsoo, getting ready to ask him why he had called me that.

"Myungsoo?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Yeah?"

"I was just wonderi-"

Just then, the lights dimmed as soft music started to play from the speakers. People started to set down their drinks and food as men escorted their partners to the center of the ballroom where they started to slow dance.

"Seo."

I looked up with my appalled expression to see Myungsoo standing there with a smile on his face and his hand extended toward me, "Want to dance?" I shook my head desperately but Myungsoo just widened his smile and ignored my plea. He practically dragged me to where all of the couples were dancing elegantly and put his hands on my waist. I responded by putting my hands around his neck, causing us both to smile.

"I can't dance," I whispered, watching as perfect women glided with their partners across the dance floor.

"Your doing fine," Myungsoo grinned as we swayed back and forth. I could see his pearly white teeth shining through the darkened room. I relaxed a little more and just followed as Myungsoo directed my moves. Although ballroom dancing was definitely not my thing, Myungsoo made it fun.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Go ahead."

"Why'd you introduce me as your girlfriend?"

I felt Myungsoo tense up a little, "I guess I just wanted to make you my girlfriend for a day."

I nodded. I wasn't sure how I felt or how I watned Myungsoo to respond. I wasn't expecting anything much out of the situation anyway. I shrugged it off but it must've bugged Myungsoo because throughout the whole rest of the dance and until the night was over, he stayed tense and seemed extra cautious around me. By about 12, people were starting to slowly leave one by one.

"Do you want to leave?" Myungsoo asked.

"Sure," I responded. He nodded and took my hand, leading me through the crowd of luxurious people yet again until we reached the cold air outside.

"Seohyun," Myungsoo said suddenly, abruptly turning towards me.

"Yeah?"

"I want to show you something." He tightened his grip on my hand and went the opposite direction we came from, going up the back stairwell. I felt myself smiling at the thought of our hands intertwined. And hey, for tonight- I was his girlfriend. After a flight of stairs, we ended up at a door.

"This better be open," Myungsoo grunted. He pushed on the heavy metal door and it creaked open, letting cold air in. Myungsoo smiled as he held out his hand, letting go of mine, "After you, miss."

I rolled my eyes and went through the door which immediately led to the rooftop of the hotel. The view was incredible. It was indescribable. Everything from the faint sounds of midnight traffic to the pitch black sky and towering skyscrapers made up the magnificent scenery. Although I did live in the city for my whole life, being on the rooftop of a devastatingly tall building without any railing was better than Seoul Tower and apartment balconies all combined.

"This is so beautiful," I sighed, walking to the edge of the rooftop to get a better view.

"Don't fall," Myungsoo warned, taking note that there wasn't any railing.

"I won't," I promised, still awed by the beauty of the city. I sat down, letting my legs dangle over the edge as I felt Myungsoo scoot up beside me.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Myungsoo asked.

I nodded.

"Better than prom?" he laughed.

I smiled, "Way better than prom."

We sat there in our silence, enjoying each other's presence and the atmosphere of the chilling city night.

"If I kissed you," Myungsoo said suddenly. I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

"If I kissed you," he repeated, "would you kiss me back?"

No, Seohyun, no. Get out of here, you were right ; Howon was right - people don't change. He didn't change. He's only going to break your heart again.

Myungsoo paused before he slowly leaned in. He waited before his lips touched mine, like he always did- asking for my permission. I gradually closed my eyes and I heard Myungsoo let out a little laugh of relief as he gladly leaned in and planted a kiss on my lips.

"I lied to you," Myungsoo said, his hand cupping my face ; his lips grazing mine as he spoke, "I don't want you to be my girlfriend for a day. , Seohyun, no. I want and I have been wanting you to be my girlfriend for the longest time, baby."

He gave me another kiss, "You'll say yes, won't you?" The way his voice danced off of his tongue made my heart thump wild with excitement. The way he said 'Seohyun' and 'baby' drove me practically insane. I wanted to say no and resist him. But he was my drug.

"I really shouldn't," I murmured as he kissed me.

"Why?" Myungsoo rubbed his thumb across my cheek, "I love you."

"You don't, though," I shook my head, "It's just going to be a waste."

"Choi Seohyun," Myungsoo turned my face so I was staring directly into his fiery eyes, "Don't you dare say that. What do I have to do to make you believe me? I'll make you happy, Seo, I promise. I won't let you cry tears of sadness ever again. Just give me another chance."

I shook my head and to my dismay, Myungsoo started attacking me again. He leaned in for another one of his kisses.

"Stop."

"You like it," Myungsoo whispered. I do like it.

"I won't even think about upsetting you in any way, Seo, just please. I think I'm going to die if you're not mine," Myungsoo murmured, "How much longer do you have to keep ripping me apart?" The way he pleaded for me made me weaker and weaker. The strong, "invincible" wall I built up to defend myself from the enemy was crumbling down into miniscule pieces. The enemy was winning.

"Choi Seohyun. Will you please be my girlfriend? I love you. I'll make you happy." He leaned in for another kiss that practically knocked me over the edge of the hotel rooftop.

"I promise," Myungsoo whispered.

 

 

 


 

- - - 

;so should she say yes? :)
hi er'ryone. I HATE SCHOOL. :( i have school every Saturday now for 4 hrs. for AP World History review and the final test is coming up on the 17th. wish me luck. /welp. therefore ; idk if i'm going to update a lot- not that i have been updating a lot anyway -.-
thanks to everyone who's been waiting and commenting and subscribing and reading<3
-<3한나.