14

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Seohyun
 

I played with Hoya's iPad on his bean bag while he lifted weights with his chaotic hip-hop music blasting out of his Beats headphones.

"Why'd you start working out again?" I asked. He didn't even glance over at me and grunted as he lifted the heavy bar again. I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at him.

I recieved a blink in response as he took off his headphones, "Why'd you do that?"

I frowned at him.

"Sorry," he said and got off the bench. He slung a small white towel over his shoulder and made his smelly way over to me making me cringe because of the stench, "You smell bad."

Hoya grinned, "Smell of a man."

"Oh shut up," I picked up the iPad again as he excused himself into the bathroom to wash up. After about 30 seconds of water running in the sink, he sat down across from me and I looked up from the game I was playing, shutting the iPad off.

"How's your love life going?" he asked me. I just stared at him.

"That's what you wanted to talk about, right?" he said slowly. I nodded. "I don't know," I sunk deeper into the bean bag and furrowed my brows, "Everyone's confusing me."

Hoya laughed, "That ."

"Your inconsiderate. I need a best girl friend," I sighed, playing with Hoya's fluffy carpet.

"Whatever, in the end, you'll come running back to your number one," Hoya pat his chest pridefully, "ME. RIGHT HERE, BABY."

I gave him a glare as he grinned back stupidly.

"I was kidding... I'm here to listen. I even let you barge into my house while I was working out,"  Howon stated.

"Well, I always barge into your house," I sighed.

"You get what I'm saying," Hoya replied.

I nodded and went on with tellling him my problems, "The thought of Myungsoo drives me crazy. I don't want to love him but I think I do. I'm so scared because I don't want to get hurt anymore. I especially don't want to look weak and run back to him after all he did to me. And Woohyun kind of confessed to me and said that he'd be ready to be my boyfriend whenever I was."

Hoya raised his eyebrows, "So you still like Myungsoo, huh?"

"I-"

"Then go out with him again," Hoya said.

"It's not that easy... And what happened to, "I hate him, break up with that bastard, don't look back, he deserves hell" blah blah blah?" I asked.

"I'll forever hate him but just because I hate him doesn't mean that you won't love him."

I looked down, "But I'm scared."

"Of what?" Howon asked, "There's nothing to be scared of. Trust me, Seo, you've been through way worse than problems a boy."

I stayed quiet.

"Plus, if you still love him or whatever after a year, it means something, right?"

I didn't reply and left that statement for my brain to chew on and changed the subject, "Won-ah. When are you ever going to get a girlfriend?"

He threw me a look and I gave him a toothy grin. Hoya glanced at his watch and sighed, "Want to go to the club?"

"No."

"Yes," he whined, "It'll be fun."

"Peer pressure, your such a bad influence on me," I muttered, "I haven't ever been to a club before."

"I know, that's why I'm taking you. You need to get out more, hermit," Hoya laughed.

"Your a terrible person," I muttered. Eventually, after a session of bickering, I got Hoya to just stay at home with me. We cooked ramen, ate ice cream and leftover cake as we watched random variety shows on TV.

- - -

The next day, I lugged myself to work again and plopped my sleepy self on the swivel- chair, getting out all the materials I would need for my presentation today.

"Hey!" 

I looked up from my work to see Woohyun in the middle of a crowd of business men in suits from his department passing by my office. He waved at me and mouthed "Lunch" and gave me a questioning look.

I gave him a smile and nodded. He made an "okay" sign with his fingers.

Myungsoo

I sighed as the warmth from the cafe wrapped around my body. I shivered as I shuffled my feet against the tile and followed the waiter to a table. I ordered pizza as the waiter nodded and left, leaving me to look over all the pictures I took today.

I sighed and frowned.

No good pictures.

I set down the camera as a waitress gave me my order of food. I looked around at other customers with their loved ones, friends, family- and then glanced at the cold, empty chairs surrounding me.

I wish I just had somebody to love.

Like Seohyun.

- - -

"We're going to dad's work to surprise him, Myung-ah," Mom gently my sweaty hair with her soft yet worn out hands and gave me a bright smile as we walked down the street in front of dad's office place.

"Really? Why?" I was excited. I had just come back from my team winning the Seoul basketball tournament. Dad couldn't make it but mom said it was because he was making money. So, I guess I'll excuse him. I was a 14 year old in need of money, anyway. I gripped my medal and grinned, I couldn't wait to show him what my team had won.

"Because we love him," she laughed, her voice chiming like bells. We were at the crossing road when I rubbed my empty stomach and stared at the people walking by with food in their hands. Mom took notice and checked her watch, "I don't think dad's out of his meeting yet- How about we eat before we go?"

"Can we go there?!" I pointed at the Italian resturaunt we were standing in front of. I was craving some pizza.

"Sure," Mom said. We turned around and walked the couple of steps to get to the clear windows and entrance of the resturaunt. She glanced over at my overjoyed self and smiled a little wider as the bells on the door rang, indicating the servers that another customer had come.

But for some reason, mom didn't say anything when the waitress asked her how what she would order. I tugged on the hem of her shirt but she didn't react. I followed her sad gaze over to where dad was sitting down with another lady.

"DAD!" I waved my hands and ran up to him. But for some reason, he didn't smile at me or ruffle my hair or even pat my back. He looked at the lady with a panicked look and hung his head low.

I gave him a dejected look as mom placed her cold hand on my shoulder and gave dad a hard look.

"Who's this?" the lady asked.

"This is my dad and this is my mom," I pointed at the two who were staring at each other, the tension growing greater with every second that passed.

"Really?" the young lady raised her perfectly arched eyebrow at dad who shook his head.

"I don't know them."

I blinked a couple of times, what was happening? Mom just tightened her grip on my dirty basketball jersey and turned me away as she started to push me towards the exit. I looked back at them to see dad hold the lady's hand and whisper things in her ear. That's what he'd do to mom. I glanced over at mom who's hazy stare didn't leave the sidewalk ahead of us.

He's cheating on us- mom, me, our family.

The anger started to boil up inside of me as it threatened to explode, "Mom, why the hell aren't you doing anything?!"

I knew that she knew what was happening. She took her hand away from my shoulder as she started to scold, "What'd I say about your language?"

"MOM!" I yelled.

"Don't worry about it baby," she replied as she placed her hand on the small of my back, guiding me back to the car.

- - -

Yelling.

Screams.

Crashes.

Crying.

Begging.

It was previously all foreign to me, I thought we were a perfect family. But now, it's all I know. I slammed my head on my desk a couple of times and turned up the music to drown out the sound of my fighting parents.

I heard the muffled sound of the front door slam shut and all was quiet as my mom's soft sobs were all that was left of the chaos. I shuffled out to the trashed living room as I saw my mom sitting on the couch, her already frail body weak from all the yelling. 

She saw me come in and wiped her tears and smiled at me.

"Mom, don't even act like it's okay," I told her.

"I am okay," she answered, "I'm okay because I know the truth now."

"Mo-"

"Myung..." she my hair, "When you find the girl that you love, don't you dare think of letting her go or letting your eyes wander. There's one girl for every boy. Only one so treasure her."

I rolled my eyes, "Ew."

She gave me a small smile as she whispered, "My son."

She got up and started to clean up as I stared at her. How was she so strong?

- - -

I looked around the resturaunt and glared at that one table my dad was sitting at with that woman. Yeah. It was this resturaunt. I never really took my mom's word to heart, I didn't know that I'd ever be like dad was. Maybe cheating's genetic?

I chewed the pizza I never got that day.

I sighed as I pushed the half eaten food away from me and buried my head in my hands. But when I heard the oh-so familiar twinkling laughter of someone I loved, I looked up. And saw Seohyun with Woohyun.

She looked around the resturaunt, impressed at the fancy resturaunt Woohyun took her to. When her eyes got to my area though, her awed face died away and softened a bit. Her face twitched but she ended up giving me a wide smile and a wave. Woohyun tugged on her hand and her warm stare left me as the waiter led them to the opposite side of the room.

She was cheating on me.

I gripped the table cloth. Why did I even come to this damned resturaunt?

She was smiling, sipping on her hot chocolate, laughing at Woohyun's cheesy words. No, I couldn't hear him from across the resturaunt but he looks cheesy so he must talk cheesy.

I wanted to get up and just take her away from him. She was mine. She's MY girl. What the hell is he doing with her?

But, she broke up with you.

No she didn't.

Yeah she did.

Doesn't matter, she's mine.

She doesn't love you.

She does. We're forever. It says on our ring!

The one she left at your house?

I shouted in rage as people's gazes shifted to mine. Seohyun glanced at me worriedly and that bastard Woohyun turned aorund, giving me a weird look.

"Are you okay?" Seohyun mouthed.

I stormed out of the resturaunt, feeling the need to punch something- preferably Woohyun. 

She's mine. She's mine. I chanted to myself.

But my mind threw me into a state of realization.

NO. SHE'S NOT YOURS.

But I love her.

You don't. Not enough to hold her back. Not enough to not cheat on her.

I shouted again as more people stared at me and whispered, then went on their way.

Your just jealous of Woohyun.

It's not jealousy if she belongs to me.

She's not an item. And more importantly- she doesn't belong to you.

I felt like death. I missed her and I didn't care who told me any different, she was mine. And only mine.

 

 

**************************************

no one feels bad for myungsoo right? he deserves it. LOL- heartless-

sorry for not updating, this week has been..... alskdjf.

but that's not an excuse.

sorry.

:(

i love you guys and thank you so much for everything- waiting for my updates, reading, commenting, subscribing-

<333