02

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

We just stood there quietly in the elevator.

"Are you going out again tonight?" I asked Myungsoo. The air inside of the elevator seemed to thicken and the seconds of silence turned into hours.

"Uh," Myungsoo stuttered.

"You are," I said.

"Do you want me to stay?" Myungsoo asked. I looked up at him, searching his eyes for a trace of love, something, anything. I looked at him with sad eyes.

"What do you think?"

Myungsoo shifted uncomfortably. He still wanted to go out. He plainly knew what he was doing, and he plainly knew that I knew what he was doing. What was he waiting for me to do? Stop him? Beg for him to stay?

"It's fine. I can fall asleep alone now," I stated. The elevator door dinged open and I walked out, a dazed Myungsoo following me. I was too tired to say anything else to him for the rest of the night. Myungsoo kept looking over at me while I brushed my teeth, opening his mouth every now and then, looking like he was about to say something but eventually never did.

I went to bed without him and acted like I was asleep. After about what seemed 20 hours of acting, I felt Myungsoo kiss my forehead and then leave the house with the clattering of car keys.

I turned over in my bed and sighed, staring at the ceiling and then turning on my side, taking note of the empty area next to me.

I just stared at where my boyfriend was supposed to be laying.

I remembered the times when I was a young, innocent little girl in need of love, afraid of everything, and trusting everyone. After my parents moved on with their business in Japan without me, I was left alone in an apartment I bought with my own money as a 16 year old. I didn't know anything about love but watching sappy teenage dramas sure made me want to experience it.

That's when he came.

I trusted him so much, as one of my truest friends. We'd walk to school together and after only a couple months of knowing him, I fell in love, hard, over and over and over again. When he confessed to me, I said yes and couldn't stop smiling for days. When I got home, I started to scream and roll on the floor, hugging my little stuffed animal that my parents gave to me back when everything was perfect.

We were the high school sweet hearts, the cutest couple. He had always been the hot rebel and I was the innocent, pure girl. After being together for years, we were so comfortable with each other that we slept on the same bed, without doing anything, and thought nothing of it. I guess I became paranoid... Just like my parents left me alone, I was scared that Myungsoo would leave me too. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep unless I was in his arms. I guess that's when everything started to go wrong.

I heard the sound of the door opening and I glanced over at the clock, realizing how long I've been laying there.

The clock blinked 3:30.

I groaned and pretended like I was sleeping when I heard a girl's voice. I immediately sat up in the bed, the anger starting to boil up in me as I heard the girl's voice a little louder.

I shuffled out of the bed in my sweats and big shirt I got from volunteering and slipped on my slippers. I opened the door from the bedroom and walked out to the front where I saw Myungsoo hugging the girl and kissing her forehead in the doorway.

I just stood there.

The girl's eyes suddenly widened and she yelped, finally realizing that I was standing there. Myungsoo whipped around and had a terrible look on his face. He looked terrified, guilty, surprised and sorrow all at once.

I wasn't even sure what was happening right now. Did it make sense that my boyfriend had a girlfriend? That wasn't me? Who he brought into OUR apartment? There was an awkward silence and the girl quickly grabbed her bag and left, the door closing behind her in a bang.

"Seohyun..." Myungsoo started.

"Are you that stupid?" I cut him off.

"Seo-"

I had nothing to say. All that came out was an ill laugh, "Your seriously this stupid? Why would you bring your other girlfriend into this apartment? Did you think I wouldn't wake up or something?"

Myungsoo's head hung low with guilt.

I turned away and grabbed a big bag, stuffing random things I thought I would need in there: Toothbrush, shower stuff, clothes, undergarments, and pulled a sweatshirt over me. When I came back into the living room, Myungsoo was still standing there like an idiot with a horror-stricken face.

"Why don't you just leave me and end it cleanly? Why do you need to hurt me like this...?" I said, almost in tears. I my heel and slapped Myungsoo's hand away from me.

I was leaving.

I had a feeling I was going to come back.

But for now I was leaving....

Where was I going?

My best friend, Hoya's house.

 

 

 

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

i have 30 + subscribers. someone pinch me, is this a dream? haha. thank you guys so much! i hope you guys enjoyed the first&second chapter.
did you spot the u-kiss reference in there?! [the clock blinked 3:30] heheheh i just had to (;
and yes, basically i stole the title of this story from Leesang's song.. if you haven't heard it, you should listen, it's amazing. heads up, the story has nothing to do with the song's lyrics.

thanks guys<3한나.