11

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Seohyun's POV:

I sat up in the bed and looked around to feel my brain being pounded in a head ache. I blinked a couple of times to get rid of those darned white and black spots to see white walls and realized that I was in the hospital.

"You're awake?" someone at the door came in and gently closed the door- a nurse. But following the nurse was a pissed-off Howon.

"Howon..." I looked at Hoya confused.

At first, Hoya gave a small smile but then stormed up to the hospital bed, making me flinch. "You went off road... didn't you," he said with a thundering voice.

"Sorry," I squeaked and turned to the nurse, for clearing, "Wait, what happened? I don't remember anything..."

"Snake bite," the nurse answered.

"But I thought there weren't any snakes at this time of year?"

"Not all snakes hibernate," she chuckled.

"Oh," I said, slightly embarassed.

"Please don't go off-road alone again," the nurse scolded and came over to check my temperature and then checked her clip board, "It looks like you're free to go...Throughout the next few days, you might feel vomiting and it might be difficult to walk along with slight vision changes but other than that, you'll be fine. You're lucky the snake bite wasn't as severe as it could've been."

"Then how did I get here?" I asked. I didn't remember anyone else being on the nature road and I didn't remember anything about calling the hospital before I passed out.

"A young gentleman brought you here," the nurse winked as she started to clean up the hospital area. 

"A... young man?"

Who?

I looked at Hoya, who shook his head.  

Then, Woohyun?

... I hope you know that I'll always be there for you.

Myungsoo?

I shook my head. That doesn't make sense. It's not like he was a stalker. And just because he said he would be there for me doesn't mean that he was always watching me and taking care of me. How would he know that I was in trouble?

It was probably a random stranger that happened to be on the same road. Whoever that man was, I thanked him in my head and hopped off the bed to grimace. A tingling shock went through my casted ankle. The nurse caught me and helped me to the front where Hoya had checked me out of the hospital.

He grabbed my arm and helped me to his car. I avoided his glare when I strapped myself into the seat and just fiddled my fingers.

"Who told you to go on that off-road path alone in the snow." Hoya raised his eyebrows.

"Myself," I answered.

"Do you know how worried I was? Snakes aren't friendly," Hoya sighed.

"I'm sorry," I said, feeling guilty. As Hoya started driving, questions started to pop up in my head, "Howon?"

"Mmm," he answered.

"How long was I in the hospital and how'd you know to come here?"

"Well only for like a couple of hours and Myungsoo called me."

"Myungsoo called you?" 

"Yeah," Howon tightened his grip on the wheel.

... I hope you know that I'll always be there for you.

"No way," I whispered. I sunk down into the car seat and frowned in thought. How did he even know I got bitten? Does he have a sixth sense?

"What?" Hoya took notice of my confused expression.

"Nothing," I responded.

"Are you surprised that Myungsoo called?"

I nodded.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this but being my best friend, I guess I can't help it but... I met Myungsoo earlier," Hoya told me.

"You... met. Myungsoo?" 

"Yeah," Hoya said, "he called me and told me he wanted to meet me."

"I thought you hated each other."

"We do," Hoya answered nonchalantly.

"What'd you guys talk about?" I asked, slowly.

"You." Hoya slightly smirked at my bewildered expression.

I lethargically walked to the elevator doors and rode the lift up to my apartment. It was now 11 PM and I felt like crumbling at the thought of still having to go to work again tomorrow despite all that happened today.

I was in the mood lay down, sleep, eat, and watch dramas for the rest of my life. And I'd be happy with that.

I walked out to my apartment balcony where I leaned on the railing. I looked up at the winter sky. It wasn't snowing anymore but there was still that cold winter mist in the air. I hated looking up into the heavens expecting twinkling stars and seeing nothing but black because of the polution and buildings.

I didn't like to admit it; but I've never seen true stars before... Ever since I was young, I lived in the city, grew up in the city, and never left the city- thanks to my parents.

Myungsoo told me that he'd take me out to see real stars but he never fulfilled that promise. I was really looking forward to seeing them...

I sighed and laid my head on my hand.

"Hey!"

I looked to where the voice was coming from to see Sungjong smiling and waving at me from his balcony next to mine.

"Sungjong!" I smiled and waved back. Sungjong was my next- door neighbor. I got pretty close to him and his cousin who live together with their families. We actually had lifetalks from our balconies. It's weird, I've never actually seen him in any other angle than from that balcony...

"Are you okay? You don't look that happy," Sungjong frowned.

"Well, it's just life I guess," I answered with a smile.

"Oh," Sungjong nodded understandingly. I heard his mom's voice call his name from somewhere inside the apartment.

"I have to go. Mom..." he rolled his eyes.

I smiled and waved, "Bye!"

I knew Sungjong didn't mean to do it but whenever he was with his cousin or had his parents calling him, I felt empty and lonely inside. Even if I dislked my parents and said that I hated them, I could never really get myself to. They were the ones that put me into this world and made me get to where I was today. Even if they did it unconciously.

I slipped back into my house and did my duties before I went to sleep, staring at the empty space beside me before I shut my eyes like I have for the last year..

 

 

- - - - - - - - - 

i have a one shot (: my first ever!  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/123276

I KEPT MY PROMISE TO UPDATE HEHEHEHEHE ((: thank you SO MUCH. i say that every single chapter but i'm serious. thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing <3