23

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Seohyun

 

"Why do girls have so many feelings?" Sungjong sighed.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "Do I have a lot of feelings?"

"I dunno, I haven't really talked to you away from this balcony," Sungjong muttered, "But since your a girl, you probably do."

I laughed, "We should meet outside sometime."

He nodded. I took a sip from my chocolate milk and leaned over the railing of the balcony. It was one of those days I felt like being calm and serene. Apparently, Sungjong felt the same way and I met him out here, throwing a fit about girl problems.

"So how are you and Myuuu...?"

"Myungsoo. We broke up months ago," I said nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry," Sungjong quickly added to his previous statement.

"Oh no, I'm over it. It happened ages ago," I waved off his mistake.

"Are you sure?" he asked slowly.

"Yeah, I have a boyfriend now," I smiled at the thought of him, "He's perfect."

"Good to hear," Sungjong said.

I nodded, "Yeah."

My phone vibrated and lit up with "Woohyun" and a picture of his smiling face.

"Boyfriend," I said, pointing to my phone as I slipped back into my apartment.

"Bye," I heard Sungjong call.

"So your still up," Woohyun said. I could hear him smiling on the other line.

"Yeah, I wanted fresh air and I didn't realize how fast the time passed," I explained.

"Oh, well do you know what time it is?"

I glanced at the clock, "12?"

"Happy anniversary baby!" Woohyun screamed over the line. I glanced at the calendar magnet on my refrigerator to confirm, yes it was our anniversary. I covered up the fact that I forgot and collected myself.

"Happy anniversary!" I screamed back. Thank the Lord I bought the anniversary present a while ago just in case I would forget. I knew myself too well.

"I just wanted to tell you as soon as it was midnight. I love you and I'll see you in the morning," Woohyun said, "Sleep well."

"You too, I love you," I replied before he hung up.

The next morning, a knock came on my door as Woohyun came in holding a boquet of red roses. "When the last one dies, I'll stop loving you," he whispered as he gave me a hug. I smiled into his shoulder as I smelled the roses, scanning the red flowers for the fake plastic one.

"Are you ready to go?" Woohyun asked.

I nodded, "Where are we going?"

"Surprise," he replied with a cheeky grin.

"It's always a surprise," I rolled my eyes but smiled. We got into the car and he started heading off toward downtown Seoul when my stomach started to growl. "Hungry?" he asked, amused. I covered my stomach to surpress the sound and nodded my head sheepishly.

"Good," he said with a smile. In about five more minutes, we arrived at my favorite cafe.

"Yes!" I practically ran out of the car and grabbed my usual seat in the resturaunt in the corner by the window and started to order some food before Woohyun could even sit down.

"Not care about your boyfriend?" Woohyun laughed.

"Sorry," I said with pancake coming out of my mouth.

"You got a little..." he leaned over the table and matched his lips on mine as his tongue grazed the whipped cream off of my lips. I turned bright red as customers around us started to cheer and holler.

He leaned back after he was done, satisfied as my face blushed a bright shade of tomato red.

"I hate you," I whispered, quickly taking a chug of my bitter coffee.

"I love you," he winked. After finishing our breakfast, we headed to Samchung-dong and walked around, shopping and eating some more from street-vendors hand in hand. Before we both knew it, it was already dark in the city and our anniversary was almost over.

"One more place," Woohyun said. We were at Han River. Cliche, but I guess it's a crucial destination for anniversaries. He led me around the back part of the river to a secluded hill. 

"Are we allowed to be here?" I asked, peering back at the city lights getting more distant as we walked into the darkness.

"No," he replied. I just laughed in response and held his hand tighter. When we got to the top of the hill, we were able to look down at the river reflecting the city upon its black waters. It was quiet and calm and it was just the two of us- away from everything.

"It's beautiful," I smiled.

"Ready?" he asked.

"For what?"

Just then, fireworks started to erupt on the barely visible horizon as Woohyun whirled me into his arms and kissed me.

"I love you. Happy anniversary," he whispered.

 

Myungsoo

"He's waking up, he's waking up!"

"What happened?"

"Do you remember anything?"

"How did it happen?"

"Where are you hurt?"

A flood of questions from various people came rushing into my fuzzy brain as soon as everyone realized that I was waking up. It gave me a headache. Not a headache, a migrane. Not a migrane, but a ferocious banging of my head with a hammer. A metal hammer engulfed in fire. And the person hitting me in the head had the strength of Hercules.

"Everyone out," the doctor ordered. Everyone gradually stopped talking and realized I was sitting on the bed with my hands over my ears. The people slowly filed their way out the door and soon only the doctor and a couple of nurses were left in the white room.

"How are you feeling?" the doctor asked as if he didn't know. I pointed to my head and he nodded and cued the nurses to do something with the wires connected to my body.

"Do you remember anything that happened?" he asked. I shook my head and grimaced at the stifling pain it caused me. The nurse suddenly came over and gave me a shot. It caused me to feel slightly dizzy but my migrane slowly went away.

"You were involved in a car accident about forty eight hours ago. You were in the car with a girl, Kim Jinah. You guys were traveling down the highway at about 2 AM when a drunken driver drove on the wrong side of the road and hit you. It wasn't your fault," the doctor informed me.

I felt overwhelmed with the sudden information, "Is there anything wrong with my body?"

"Except for slight bruises and scars, your brain was slightly traumatized but it won't be a problem as long as you recieve the appropriate treatment."

I nodded and then the thought of Jinah dawned on me. "Where's Jinah?"

The doctor sighed and looked a little uncomfortable as he gave me a small smile of sympathy, "I don't think I should be the one to tell you." And with that, he left, holding his clipboard with the nurses trailing behind him. I frowned and tried to call for him again but Dongwoo, Sunggyu and Sungyeol practically ran in, their mouths blabbing a bunch of sensless words.

"Where's Jinah?" I asked. But they didn't listen to me and just went on with their "Are you okay?"s and "That stupid car..."s

"Where's Jinah?" I repeated my previous statement a little louder and they stopped talking.

"She passed away in the car crash," Sunggyu was the one to speak up before the others.

"What do you mean?"

"It wasn't your fault- the other car was driving on the other side of the road and she wasn't wearing her seatbelt. She got thrown out of the car-" Sungyeol quickly added.

"-So where is she?" I interrupted.

"Dude," Dongwoo said, "She's dead."

"You didn't have to say it like that," Sunggyu muttered. I stayed quiet as they all stared at me with increasing worry buildling up in their expressions.

I wasn't sure how to feel. Of course, I was sad. I was terrified. But it was the guilt and the confusion that ate at me. I couldn't believe that the person next to me was just gone like that. In a blink of an eye, she was gone. Forever.

That quickly.

Because of me.

I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. I didn't get it. Why did she have to leave? Everything happened for a reason?

Well why did this happen?

"Hey Myungsoo," Sungyeol softened. I looked up at him with fiery eyes. He looked taken aback. He was probably expecting me to be crying but instead, I was more enraged. He continued, "It's not your fault."

"Are you joking?"

They shook their heads solemnly.

"I don't believe you."

"Myungsoo. Why would we even lie about someone's death?" Dongwoo asked. I stared at each one of them in the eye as my gaze flickered to the door. I half expected Jinah to come running through the door or pop out from underneath the bed but there wasn't a single movement. 

Questions upon questions flew around in my clueless brain but none of the words made it to my lips. They barely made it to my throat. I opened my mouth but I didn't know where to start with the words. The boys looked at me, waiting for me to say something but I never did. For the door slammed open as a sillhouette of a panting girl stood at the doorway.

"Myungsoo!" the girl cried between her huffs. That voice...

"Seohyun," I sat up in my bed. Was she really here? Why was she here? Jinah's supposed to be here. By my side. But she was dead. It wasn't even possible. I shook the thoughts from my head. She couldn't possibly be dead.

Am I stubborn for not believing?

No. Think about it- if you woke up after two days from a car crash and someone told you that your mother, father, brother, sister, friend, lover, died- would you believe it? 

"Are you okay?" the girl stepped out from the shadows and rushed to my bed as she took my hands and peered into my face with eyes filled with worry. I just stared at her coldly.

She took note of my glare and started to back up, removing her hand from mine. "Sorry," Seohyun muttered, "I heard you woke up from the accident."

The boys looked at us cautiously as I nodded.

"I'm fine," I responded.

"That's good," Seohyun nodded, "I'm sorry about Jinah." I studied her expression. She was serious.

Did Jinah really pass away from the crash?

"Yeah," I said back to her. There was silence as I just stared at her. She tried to look at me back but she couldn't seem to keep her eyes on me as she kept looking down at her feet and fidgeting.

"Why are you here?" I spoke.

"Hey," Sunggyu shot me a defensive glare.

"I wanted to see how you were," she said softly.

"The only girl I'll ever love just died. How do you think I'll feel?" I replied.

Seohyun looked up at me from studying her shoes and gripped onto the ends of her shirt tightly. She did that when she was trying to keep herself from either screaming in anger or crying. As for her facial expression, she bottled in her emotions well.

"Hey Kim Myungsoo. She said she came to see how you were, why the hell are you being so hostile?" Sunggyu spat. I didn't respond. Truthfully, I was surprised at the words that came out of my mouth. I was being a douchebag. But I was going insane. I thought I could finally be happy when Jinah and I finally got together again but I guess happiness just isn't for me.

I should've been nicer to Seohyun. She said that she came to see how I was. There wasn't any fault in that. 

It was actually nice seeing her.

But it wasn't the right time for me to be catching up with her.

"I'll go then," Seohyun said quietly as she walked out of the room quickly. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and left with the other guys trailing after him.

The was happening?

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

if you guys were surprised at the last chapter, you guys are all probably ripping your hair out right now.

/don't hate me
thanks for the comments and subscriptions.
 I really do appreciate your guys' input on everything <3 and your compliments. <3 and just reading. <3
and it's okay to love the fact that i made Jinah die... i feel kinda mean for killing her but hey, she deserved it. LOL