42

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

"Woah," I pointed in awe at the beautiful view of the resort's garden from our room's balcony. Myungsoo chuckled in amusement and squeezed my waist.

"Is there anything special that you want to do tomorrow?" he asked. It was already nearing dinner time and the sun was starting to set in a marvelous set of colors in pink, purple, and red that meshed in with the clear blue sky.

"I want to ride that," I pointed out the small white boat that was sailing the sea close to the shore. It looked fun and just romantic to ride with just Myungsoo and I.

"Looks fun. Let's do it," he grinned.

I nodded eagerly and sighed, sneaking my hand into Myungsoo's, "I don't ever want to leave."

"Me neither. I just wanna stay here forever," he whispered in my ear.

I smiled, leaning in to give him a kiss on the cheek. Myungsoo trailed his hands down my stomach and flipped me around so my body was right up against his. Without any words, he took my lips in his. My hands went to encircle his neck and soon enough, it was getting harder to breathe. He lifted me up and carried me towards the hotel room to lay me gently on the bed before he hovered over me.

"Myungsoo-" I stopped him.

"Huh?" he asked, just as breathless as I was. 

I shook my head.

"Right," Myungsoo answered, "Sorry."

"It's okay," I shook my head and gave him a smile. I loved how he wasn't pushy about it. He knew that I wanted to wait until I was married whether he was a himself or not. Even if I was pretty sure that Myungsoo was the one that I was going to marry. I didn't know why love was represented through nowadays anyway. 

Love was deeper and meant more than that.

Myungsoo gave me a softer kiss on the lips before he ran his fingers through my hair, laying on the bed next to me.

"We have to eat dinner soon," I replied, glancing at the clock that read 6:30.

"Yeah... I actually promised Yeon that I'd eat dinner with her tonight. I know it's our first day here and everything but we're here for four nights and I haven't seen her in so long and she's doing all this for us..." Myungsoo started. I felt him nervously looking at me, scared of my reaction.

"It's fine," I interrupted, squeezing his hand and giving him a reassuring smile, "You're right. We have four nights and plenty of meals. It's not like you're chained to me this vacation, anyway."

"You know... you're an angel," Myungsoo murmured after looking at my eyes, staring for any traces of irritation. He glanced at the clock himself to groan and rolled off the bed, "I think I have to go now."

"Okay," I replied, watching as he touched up in the mirror.

"Come here," I said quickly before he walked out the door. I hopped off of the bed and fixed his hairs that had gone astray. "There you go."

"Thanks, baby," Myungsoo said pecking my lips, "Don't skip dinner. I'll be back soon!"

"Bye, have fun," I waved with a smile on my face. My words were true... I didn't have a problem with him having dinner with Yeonsoo but I couldn't help but feel a little upset that we couldn't have our romantic dinner date as I planned tonight.

I shook my head at the thoughts of being so selfish. The least I could do for all of this is let her borrow my boyfriend for one hour or so during dinner. It wasn't like he was going to cheat.

I looked at the gorgeous view outside once more before I grabbed my room key and a jacket and headed downstairs to see what there was to eat. For some reason, I wasn't as hungry as before and ended up walking around the mass of luxorious restaurants connected to the resort just to get french fries and a burger from the only familiar "restaurant" I could find in the mix of all the fancy European names - McDonalds.

On my way back to the hotel room, I saw Myungsoo and Yeon in a tight embrace at one of the restaurants I had passed by. Myungsoo was smiling brightly as ever and holding her as close as he would hold me. On natural reflex, I felt a twinge of jealousy but I just turned and walked away, heading up to eat my burger in the hotel room.

I rolled my eyes. I was getting paranoid. I've hugged Howon plenty of times. They were just friends anyway.

 

Myungsoo

 

I saw Yeon waiting for me at the entrance of the restaurant we were to meet at. I glanced at my watch that read 6:45.

"There you are," she sighed, "I was thinking that you got lost or something."

"Oh, no, I was just running a little late," I flashed her a grin, "I'm sorry if you made me wait." Yeon rolled her eyes in response and linked her arm in mine.

"You're always making people wait," she joked. Yeon led me to one of the tables by the window where the whole resort was visible. There was a fireplace nearby that dimly lit the dark room. The crackling of the fire went well with the quiet, calming, classical music that played in the background.

"Thanks so much Yeon," I said, "I couldn't have possibly afforded this without you. Seo loves it so much."

"No problem," she replied, taking a sip of her water, "So why did you decide to visit all of a sudden anyway? Just for a vacation with the girlfriend?"

"Actually, I wanted to tell you this in person," I grinned. Yeon raised an eyebrow. I reached into my pocket and sighed half in contentment and half in nervousness. The thought of asking Seohyun for her hand in marriage had been lingering in my mind for a while but I had never taken the action to actually ask her. But it all came down to the fact that I couldn't imagine life with anyone else. And in plain context, I loved her with all my heart.

I decided that it was perfect to ask her on the last day of our trip. I'd set up a special dinner - not too fancy because Seohyun hated surprises- and then I'd finally ask her to marry me. It was perfect.

"Is that a..." Yeon started, gasping at the sight of the traditional small black box.

"Wedding ring?" I chuckled, finishing her sentence.

Yeon looked up at me from the box, gaping. "I didn't know that you two were so serious."

"We are," I laughed.

"Can I see?" she asked with big eyes.

"Of course," I said, grinning as wide as ever. Yeon's eyes twinkled as I opened the box to reveal a twinkling silver wedding ring with three diamonds in the middle. "Do you think she'll like it?"

"I don't see how she couldn't," Yeon replied, "I'm so happy for you, Myung!" She stood up, opening her arms to invite me into a congratulatory hug.

"Thanks," I smiled as bright and cheerful as ever hearing her words, before sitting back down and admiringly staring at the ring a last time and carefully closing it up again.

"Are you going to have a bachelor party?" Yeon asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, I'm having it the night before I ask her, actually," I grinned, "I already called my friends and they're all coming down."

Yeon let out a snort, "What if Seohyun says no? You'd be having a bachelor's party for no reason and wasting your friends' money for the flight and everything."

"Oh God, don't jinx it," I groaned, giving her a look, "I'd really kill myself if Seo said no... Oh yeah, and Seohyun doesn't know I'm having the bachelor's party, of course. So don't say anything," I winked. After talking more details about the wedding, we continued on with small talk and caught up on what we were up to lately.

"I saw your name on the cover of some magazine a couple of weeks ago for a photoshoot," Yeon said, raising her eyebrow, "Seems like you're pretty established in the photography world."

"Eh," I replied, "It's more of a hobby."

"Doesn't seem like it. Heard you were famous in Seoul," Yeon retorted, "I knew you liked photography but I didn't know that you would become so..."

"-Yeah," I filled her empty silence, "I don't do it as much now. So how have you been?" I switched the subject. I didn't want to bring up those killer schedules and I'm pretty sure Yeon would be curious and ask question after question. I still did do photography, but just not as extensively as before. Photography became my anti-drug against Seohyun but now that Seohyun was mine again, I didn't need to do it 24/7 to keep my mind off of her.

"Good. Better than after you stopped talking to me," Yeon replied, changing the atmosphere of our previously serene dinner. I poked at my food and she took a bite of hers, staring at me. Although I admit that I give intense glares, hers were the worst. Those eyes could speak more than did. And she had the most fiery speech of a girl I had ever  met. She wasn't scared to say anything.

 The sudden awkward silence followed the clinking of our silverware.  "And now you're asking me to give you a room in my hotel to stay in with your... future- fiance," she chuckled softly.

"Yeon..." I didn't know what to say. In that time before I even met Seohyun, I met Yeon. She was definitely one of my best friends and surprisingly , we were in a relationship even before Seohyun came around.

I still rememberd that one random Wednesday that Yeon didn't show up at school for me to hear from her friends that she moved to Jeju Island for her parent's business. I didn't even get to explain to her about Seohyun.

Because even back then, cheating was an epidemic for me.

I cheated on Yeonsoo for Seohyun. On Seohyun for Jinah. 

Yeonsoo didn't even know Seohyun's face, just the fact that she was my new girlfriend. Right after the news circulated the school, Yeon moved without a word to me. It was actually really odd timing because her moving away paved the road for me and Seohyun's relationship.

But either way, I was a greedy pig even back then and I knew it. I wanted everything for myself. Once I had something good, I didn't ever want to let go of it. I didn't know how to.

Because as much as I never gave up Seohyun, I never really gave up Yeon until I chased Jinah. I just merely forgot about Yeon. 

And then I "moved on" to Jinah while I was in a relationship with Seohyun.

Months after my depression over me and Seohyun's break up and the week I started to chase after Jinah, Yeon was in town and of course, I met her. Everything went on between us like nothing ever tore us apart but after those few days of being a "couple", our "relationship" lasted only a week before she had to go down to Jeju Island again and before I "fell" head over heels for Jinah.

Even if those couple days of getting to know each other meant anything to Yeon, it was just a momentary fling for me. But it was a fling that Yeon apparently took damn seriously.

But during that week, I learned how cruel I was. Despite the fact that Yeon came back, I didn't say sorry for cheating on her with Seohyun. And even when Yeon gave me her everything, I didn't feel sorrow when she left and just chased after Jinah. And after Jinah passed, I went back to Seohyun.

I was crazy. And my own actions scared me far more than anyone else's.

"Is your girlfriend the one that you che-"

"Yes," I interrupted before Yeon could finish her sentence. I knew what she was going to say anyway, I just didn't want to hear for myself how bad of a person I was. Because I knew that I was.

"I'm sorry I'm bringing all of this up again," Yeon muttered after another awkward pause.

"It's okay. You shouldn't be the one apologizing," I replied. She gave me a small smile and raised her glass of white wine to quickly save ourselves from another momentary silence.

"Cheers. To L and his... fiance."

"Cheers."

That night, I came home to see Seohyun crawled up on the bed sleeping with empty McDonalds wrappers beside her and the TV . I shook my head. She would come all the way here to eat McDonalds. I immediately felt bad. Even though I did owe Yeon, I shouldn't have agreed to dinner on the first day or at least made sure Seohyun ate something that wasn't fast food.

I threw away the wrappers and tucked her into bed and later layed beside her after washing up. But soon enough, I sat up, thinking about the dinner with Yeon. I glanced at Seohyun's sleeping figure and smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear and admiring her face.

I was scared not only that I would be rejected but that I wouldn't be enough for Seohyun.

I was a bastard and I knew it. If even I couldn't trust myself, how would Seohyun be able to trust me? And how would I let our children trust me?

Yet, even if my past was bad and I cheated on Seohyun and other girls that ever crossed my path, out of all of them, no matter what happened I kept going back to Seohyun. She was the only one that I sincerely loved.

I didn't want to ever let her down again.

I Seohyun's soft face and smiled, thinking about waking up next to my wife every single day for the rest of my life. I sunk back under the covers and kissed Seohyun's forehead, hugging her waist as I closed my eyes to finally sleep.




Seohyun
 

I woke up before Myungsoo as usual and crawled out of his embrace, stretching before heading to the bathroom to wash up. I went downstairs to the hotel lobby to quickly grab some breakfast before Myungsoo woke up so we could eat in bed while watching TV. I just smiled at my plan as I picked out fruits, pancakes, and other breakfast foods.

"Seohyun?"

I turned around to see Yeonsoo standing there with a smile on her face and a plate of food in her hand. "Hey," she smiled, "How'd you sleep last night?"

"Very well," I replied, "Thank you for everything again."

"Oh, no problem," Yeon said, "Where's L?"

"He's still sleeping. I was just going to grab breakfast and bring it up to the room." She was still calling him L.

"Oh, he's still the same," she rolled her eyes with a smile, "He's always sleeping in. I remember the first time I slept with him, he didn't wake up until twelve..."

I didn't know what she meant by "sleep" but either way, I didn't feel so good anymore. I gulped the knot that had formed in my throat from her words piling up. I don't know why Yeonsoo was saying all of this suddenly but the smile on her face remained unchanged. It was creepy.

I gave her a meek smile, "Yes, well I think I have to go up now. Pancakes are getting cold and he's probably wondering where I am."

"Aw, alright. Bye then!" She said before I nodded slightly, turned around, frowned and left, going to the cash register in confusion. If Yeon and "L" were in an undercover relationship, Yeon wasn't the best at hiding it. After mindlessly paying for my food and heading up to the hotel room, I walked in to see that Myungsoo was still sleeping.

I sighed and sat on the side of the bed after setting up the breakfast on the table. "Hey, wake up," I shook him gently. Myungsoo stirred a little and groaned.

"Wake up," I repeated. He shook his head, grabbing my arm and pulling me in so he could hug me. "No," he refused, "Why the hell did you eat McDonalds yesterday?"

"Why not?" I asked.

"You could've eaten something more... I don't know, yummy?" Myungsoo muttered, his eyes still closed and his voice groggy from his night's rest.

"It was pretty yummy to me," I replied.

Maybe I was a little irked at what Yeonsoo said. Just a little.

"Okay well I'm not leaving you ever again to eat a meal alone. What was I thinking anyway? My baby can't even take care of herself without me," he mumbled into my shoulder. I smiled a little.

Fine, maybe I wasn't mad anymore. I smiled a little before I sighed again, pushing myself out of his embrace, "Come on- breakfast."

"What about breakfast?"

"... It's time to eat it," I replied, rolling my eyes with a silly smile on my face.

"Fine," Myungsoo grunted, kicking the covers off and sleepily tottering over to the table and sitting himself down, "When'd you do this?"

"I went out and bought it while you were asleep," I replied.

"Thanks, Seo," Myungsoo smiled widely and leaned over to kiss me before he dug into the food. I watched as he ate heartily, talking about the random stuff that he planned for us to do today.

"I booked a boat we can ride after lunch today," Myungsoo said.

"You did?" I grinned widely.

"Of course I did," he replied, "You wanted to ride it right?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, "Thank you."

"Oh, anything for you," Myungsoo winked. After a quick breakfast and washing up, we went into the Jeju village and walked around the small town hand and hand, exploring small souveneirs shops and cute little stands selling random merchandise.

"Look at this one!" I pointed to a cupcake with pastel blue icing that was covered with colorful sprinkles and topped off with a white bow. After a little hunting around for a decent restaurant to eat lunch at, Myungsoo and I stopped by at a small bakery.

"I love how you didn't think that any of the animals at the zoo were cute but you think that these cupcakes are cute," Myungsoo chuckled with a brow raised.

"No, the animals were cute but come on, look at this, It's so cute I just want to eat it!" I joked. Myungsoo gave me a weird look before he just burst out laughing as he pulled me into a hug, "You're such a dork."

"Aw, look at the cute young couple," the woman at the register gushed. Myungsoo and I smiled and thanked her as we ordered our food. When our sandwiches and drinks came, so did that one blue cupcake.

"You ordered this?" I asked Myungsoo pointing to the pastry.

"You said you wanted it," he shrugged.

"Thanks, Myung," I smiled widely, digging into the delicious cupcake and giving Myungsoo a piece. After lunch, we walked back to the hotel, grabbed our swimsuits and headed over to the dock where the white boat was waiting for us. Along with Yeon.

"You're here!" Yeon smiled, giving "L" a hug.

"Well, duh," Myungsoo laughed. Yeon bowed at me and I bowed back, giving her a small smile and praying in the back of the mind that she wouldn't be coming with us.

"Wow, in the ten years I've lived here, I never got a chance to ride this," Yeon laughed, patting the boat like it was her child. I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we're pretty excited," Myungsoo grinned, slinging his arm around my shoulder and squeezing me closer to him. I saw Yeon's smile slightly falter. I smiled to myself, happy that Myungsoo wasn't stupid enough to invite her.

"Okay, well I think we should get going now," I said.

"Oh yeah. Have fun," Yeon waved with a smile. Myungsoo nodded and thanked her as we got into the small boat.

"Myungsoo, how are we supposed to sail this?" I asked, getting on the boat that rocked violently with my weight. Myungsoo came on the boat after unhooking it from the dock and stared at the wheel with a smirk. He tossed the bags with our swim suit and other supplies in the seat and sat in front of the wheel.

"Sit down and hold tight, baby," Myungsoo said. I looked at him suspiciously but quickly sat down and watched as he played with a few of the switches before he pressed hard on the pedal with his foot. I yelped as I felt the boat suddenly whip forward. Myungsoo wooted from his seat as I dared to stand up and lift my arms to the air, feeling the air whip through my fingers.

Myungsoo looked back from under his sunglasses and grinned. After we were pretty far away from the shore, we "parked" the boat in the middle of the wide expanse of blue and changed into our swimsuits. There were one or two other boats around us but they were far away enough that we could only hear their faint yells of laughter and see their small specks jumping into the water.

I stood on the edge of the small boat in my swim suit, looking down into the water as Myungsoo came up behind me.

"Want to jump in?" Myungsoo asked.

I nodded, "But only if you jump in with me."

"Fine." Myungsoo climbed up to the boat's rim next to me and held my hand. "Ready?"

I nodded.

"One," he glanced at me. "Two. Three." On three, we both jumped in with our hands intertwined, feeling our bodies immerse into the cold water. I popped up first and seconds later, so did Myungsoo.

"Oh God I love you," Myungsoo murmured as we swam in the cool water away from all distractions and anything that could tear us apart. After playing around in the ocean and jumping into the water thirty times or so, we got back on the boat where we had dinner. Myungsoo packed a nice dinner of sandwiches, fruit, and wine.

"Myungsoo, how did you get to know Yeon?" I asked as I chewed on my sandwich.

"Well..." Myungsoo started, "We went to school together."

"She went to our high school?" I asked.

"Yeah, she moved right after you came though," he muttered.

"Oh," I replied, "Was she your girlfriend or something?"

Myungsoo's eyes widened a little, "Why are you asking all of a sudden?" I stared at him a little oddly before I answered slowly, "No, I was just curious."

"Right," he murmured, "We just had a thing."

I nodded and nibbled on my sandwich.

"You know you're my one and only girl right?" Myungsoo asked, bringing a wide smile to my face.

"I only love you, you that, right?" he asked again. I smiled and nodded.

"Good," Myungsoo ruffled my hair.

And like that, we talked and laughed until the sun disappeared behind the soft blue waves of Jeju Island, happy, in love and on top of the world.