10

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Myungsoo

"I thought you wanted to let her go?" Hoya his shot glass.

"I do," I replied, sinking into the couch in the club and sighed, avoiding Hoya's eyes. So why was I even with this guy I hated? Because he was my girlfriend's best friend and I didn't know what to do. I guess I was so desperate that I called this bastard out to talk about Seohyun.

"Then why do you keep insisting on holding onto stuff like this?" Hoya reached over and lightly tapped my ring finger that showed off a dazzling silver couple ring with the word "forever" enscripted into it. Seohyun had the same one, except for hers was lying in my bed stand.

I clenched my fist and took it off, slamming it on the table.

Hoya raised his eyebrows. "I'm not stupid," he slightly laughed, "You still love her."

"Well what am I supposed to do? She doesn't love me anymore and I want her to be happy," I looked helplessly over at him.

"Who said that she was happy?" Hoya asked.

"She seems happy."

"That girl's good at hiding her emotions and you know it," he took a sip out of his glass and gave me a look. I buried my face in my hands and ruffled my hair in frustration. The mere thought of her made me go crazy.

"What are you saying?"

"I've been her best friend for a long time and trust me, she's not joyful right now. If you wanted her to be so happy, why'd you even torture her by cheating, then?" Hoya leaned forward, "If anyone evaluated your relationship, they would've guessed that you didn't even like her."

"I didn't like her, I loved her," I grit my teeth.

"Then why'd you cheat on her? It wouldn't be because of her right?"

"Who." I looked up.

"Jinah?" Hoya whispered the name and gave me a suggestive look.

"No."

"Yeah," Hoya leaned back into the couch and picked up the couple ring, "If I remember correctly, didn't you and Jinah have the same ring? With the same enscription?" He threw the couple ring at me easily and I caught it.

"How do you even know about her?"

"I'm Seohyun's best friend." Hoya grinned and put emphasis on the words "best friend".

"So then, how is she?"

"In my opinion she's better without you," Hoya simply put, "and she's slowly getting over you, bastard." I took his words in without any response. She's better without me, huh? Well of course she's better without me, I was her first boyfriend and I ruined everything for her.

Hoya's ringing phone broke the silence and he set down his glass, "I'm going now."

I glanced over at him and nodded.

"Hey," Hoya said as he was leaving, "As much as I hate to admit it, she still cares about you. Your lucky that girl's sweet."

Seohyun

So. Tired. So. Tired.

I kept nodding off during the meeting this morning and now I couldn't keep my eyes opened when I had to work.

"Coffee?"

I tiredly looked up to see Woohyun cutely grinning down at me, holding a paper cup in front of my face. "You look miserable," he laughed. I smiled at him and mumbled a word of thanks before I gulped down the hot coffee. I cringed at the bitterness and set down the empty cup.

"How come I didn't see you at work for the past 2 days?" he sat down across from my exhausted figure, "Were you partying?" he joked.

"I was in Incheon," I answered. I didn't think he'd need to know the details of why I went or who I went with. I also didn't tell him that my stomach was still the size of a balloon from all that food last night with Hoya. I rubbed my stomach and grimaced at the memories of practically having Hoya roll me into the apartment elevators yesterday.

"Oh," He nodded in understanding, "Are you hungry cause I want to take you out to lunch." Woohyun flashed me a smile.

I groaned mentally. I'm not hungry. In fact, my body probably gained 15 pounds yesterday from all I ate. But I agreed, "Sure."

"Let's meet in front of the office at..." he checked his sleek Rolex watch, "12?" I nodded in agreement and gave him a smile as he waved goodbye.

- - - - - - -

Woohyun was waiting for me as I hurried my steps and barged through the silver doors of our work place.

"Your not late, don't panic," Woohyun laughed.

"Oh," I mumbled, slightly embarassed.

"Your cute," Woohyun put his arm over my shoulder as we started walking to the resturaunt across the street. When we got there and ordered our food, he started up a conversation about every single thing I could possibly think about. He wouldn't stop talking. And I liked it, it felt refreshing after Myungsoo.

We ate, well I tried to, and he was romantic but not cheesy and it wasn't awkward at all.

"So was that our first date?" Woohyun asked alll cheerful as we left the resturaunt.

"Was it?" I asked in a small voice. Oh God, is Woohyun my boyfriend now? I felt jittery in my mind. What was I supposed to say? I hadn't done this in 7 years and I had no clue what I was doing. Did I even like him?

No.

Yes.

Maybe, kinda.

Woohyun saw my furrowed eyebrows and just laughed, "Don't worry, it doesn't have to be. But I'm just saying that I like you a lot... and I think it'd be nice if you'd be my girlfriend."

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"It's okay. I'm ready to say yes whenever your ready, okay?" Woohyun looked over at me and I nodded and smiled. Meanwhile, I had the small thought of Myungsoo in the back of my head.

FLASHBACK:

"Are you new here?"

I looked up to see a handsome boy gazing down at me while I was tying my shoe outside my door. I stood up and dusted off my knees and nodded, "Yup."

Today was Day 1. The first day I was living without my parents. As happy as I was, I was truthfully scared and still hurt about their decision. I mean, who wouldn't be? Your parents threw you away with nothing but your bags and moved to Japan because of business. My parents never really favored me anyway because they expected that I would be a male successor to their company. Despite that, I slapped a smile on my face and hid my past deep down inside of me.

"I'm Myungsoo. I live in the apartments across from these but I come here often," he gave me a smile. I couldn't stop staring at his beautiful eyes though. It felt like he was gazing into my soul and no matter how creepy it felt and sounded, I liked it. His eyes drew me to him.

"I'm Seohyun. I live...here," I smiled and pointed to the door we were standing in front of.

"I'll be seeing you often then. My best friend lives like 4 doors down," he said.

"Oh, okay.. Do you guys go to the high school across the street?"

"You mean Shindorim High?"

I nodded feverntly.

"Yeah, we go there, do you?"

I nodded again, "I was scared that I didn't know anyone but I guess I know you now, right?"

"Yeah," he shot me a smile, "I have to go now but I'll see you around and at school!"

I gave him a small wave as he trot down the stairs.

 

----

 

I went back to my apartment in a daze as I collapsed on my couch. I already had enough to worry about already without Woohyun and Myungsoo to worry about. I lazily threw down my bag and changed into sweats and a sweater. I grabbed my house keys and left to the nature trail.

I remember Myungsoo telling me never to go alone but I mentally rolled my eyes everytime he said so. It's not like he actually ever cared right? I walked down the trail and memories flowed back into my brain. I tried putting a brick wall in my mind so I didn't have to go through the pain of remembering our happiness but it didn't really work.

Whenever I got frustrated or just had nothing to do, I went out on this same exact trail every single time. Myungsoo always knew where to find me when I left the house and I always knew where I could find him- at his favorite place with his DSL Camera slung on his shoulder.

As I felt something wet drop on my nose, I looked up to see snow dancing down from the heavens. I smiled and reached my hand out, watching the little white crystals melt on my hand. I pulled my sweater closer to my cold body and rubbed my arms to make myself warmer. Despite the gradually worsening weather, I felt sick of the thought of going back into my house again. So I stayed outside.

I found that familiar rose lined bench in the middle of my nature walk.

Don't go further than this bench 'cause everything past it is all offroad and untamed. Myungsoo's words echoed in my brain.

Whatever, its not like he would know. I shoved my hands in my pockets and stepped over vines and tangles of bushes and trees and smiled when I got to the edge of a cliff that overlooked Seoul. Beautiful. The view looked like I was peering into a huge snowglobe as the snow gently fell onto the tops of cars and buildings.

As I walked around the edge of the cliff, I felt a sharp prick at my leg.

I didn't really take notice of it but when I squinted my eyes and looked a little closer, there were two round blood marks on my ankle. Snake? No, there aren't any snakes in the winter. I checked the time and decided I should go back and eat dinner.

As I was heading back though, my ankle started to burn with every step and by the time I was about 10 meters from the bench clearing, my ankle was swollen and pulsing with pain. I lifted the hem of my sweats to see blood dripping down my ankle and grimaced.

I thought there weren't any snakes at this time of year?

I started to see white and black dots and put my hand to my dizzy head and my legs turned into jelly.

I guess there are snakes - poisonous snakes- in the winter... I thought as I collapsed onto the cold snow.

 

-----------------------------------------

augh stupid girl shoulda listened to myungsoo. -.-

so i thought i told you guys already & i'm soorry if i didn't but I DID STEAL THE TITLE OF THIS FIC FROM THE BEAUTIFUL LEESANG SONG AND I GUESS SOME OF MY WRITING IS INSPIRED BY THE LYRICS BUT NOT REALLY. I JUST LIKED THE TITLE OF THE SONG AND NOW THAT I LOOK AT THE LYRICS, THEY KINDA PERTAIN TO MY WRITING. i didn't mean to do that.

well guys its 2012! (: idk about you guys but my year went by so fast.... i'll update soon- today or tomorrow- this time; i PROMISE.

thank you for your comments and subscriptions.... they make my day, one thousand percent serious.....
and this is pretty random but one of my friends on aff turned out to be my best friend's friend's cousin.... what a small world right?! it was superrrr weird. hahaha yeahhhhh.

BYE! ^_____^ i love you guys