03

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

"I swear to God, Seohyun!" Hoya roared. Seohyun layed on Hoya's couch with a blank expression on her face while Hoya threw a fit.

"I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill him," Hoya started to head for the door, huffing and murmuring vicious words on the way, practically leaving a path of fire.

"Don't," Seohyun sighed. Hoya turned around slowly with his teeth grit and fists clenched tightly.

"I knew that he was trouble. I told you to stay away, why do you need to keep going back to him like an idiot?!" Hoya yelled.

"I have no clue. I ask myself that everday. Of all the good people in the world, why him?" Seohyun said, exhausted.

Hoya's face fell and he gently scoot next to Seohyun on the couch, "How am I supposed to know? I would've killed him by now if you hadn't held me back all these times. Do you know how much it hurts watching you break down like this all the time?"

Seohyun just weakly smiled up at Hoya, "Give me advice, don't just sulk like that, Won-ah."

"I gave you my advice for 5 years and you don't listen," Hoya said, frustrated, "Break up with the bast-"

Seohyun gave Hoya a threatening look.

"Your seriously defending him right now?"

Seohyun shook her head, "No... You just shouldn't call him that. You haven't been in his shoes, you don't know what he's been through."

"So just because he had a hard life means that he can freely cheat on his girlfriend?" Hoya spat. Seohyun stayed silent. Truly, she didn't even know why she kept holding onto Myungsoo despite all the times he hurt her. They weren't even in love anymore. She didn't even believe in love because of him.

Seohyun furrowed her brows, "He doesn't even love me, does he?"

Hoya wrapped his muscular arms around Seohyun, "Who cares? If he doesn't want you, if he cheats on you, if your not enough for him, you two aren't meant to be."

 

Seohyun's POV:

Just like I said, I knew that I'd be going back.

Here I am again, standing in front of the apartment with my bags in my hand and nervously grasping the hem of my shirt with my free hand. I took a deep breath and punched in the passcode to get in.

"Myungsoo," my voice cracked as I walked in through the front door.

"Myungsoo," I said again, a little louder.

I turned the corner to see him sitting there on the couch, only about 2 feet away from where I last left him.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He looked up at me, blinked a couple of times and cleared his throat, standing up without a word. He took a step towards me and took me into his arms.

I pushed him off. I came here to end it with him and that was all I was going to do. Clean and simple.

"Let's stop here," I looked straight into Myungsoo's eyes. Hoya told me to do that to show that I was serious but as soon as I saw his killer glare, my eyes wavered and threatened to turn away.

"Again. Again?" Myungsoo the side of my face. I coldly slapped it away.

"I'm done," I said as calmly as possible.

"I lov-"

"No. You don't understand.... You don't understand love. How could a dirty cheater like you know what love is?" I sneered. I was surprised at what came out of my mouth but I didn't back down.

Myungsoo was at lost for words and he tried to hold me again but I stepped back, "There's nothing you can do. It's too late." I briskly turned away and stomped towards the door when it suddenly opened.

"Oh!" a girl exclaimed when she saw me. It was the same girl as the one at our door last night. Myungsoo sighed and dug his fingers into his temples.

"I'm sorry I-" she started.

"Oh no it's fine," I said, putting a smile on my face, "Your Myungsoo's girlfriend right?"

The girl blinked a couple of times and looked over at Myungsoo, then slowly nodded. Myungsoo stepped forward to say something but I stopped him.

"You guys look good together."

"Thanks..." the girl said, confused.

"Treat him well," I pinched my thigh. I didn't want to cry like this, "He likes taking pictures so be ready, he'll want to take a billion candid pictures of you and won't delete any of them, even if you beg so don't even try.. When you guys are out eating, don't play with your food, he'll scold you and tell you to think of the people who made it. If your talking to him and he has a blank expression on his face, don't freak out, he's just not good at displaying his emotions. Oh- and he sleeps like a rock. It'll waste your energy waking him up in the morning so just let him wake up by himself."

Myungsoo stared at me and I gave one last smile and left, shutting the door behind me.

 

Myungsoo's POV:

She's at the field we used to play at when we were younger.

She's smiling widely. She has an innocent, shy face with huge dark orbs. Her black hair is gently flowing with the wind and her classic white dress is brushing against her beautiful clear skin.

I wave and she smiles a little wider, tilting her head, teasing for me to come forward.

I grin and come closer but she steps back.

I frown and step forward but she steps back and gives me a wink.

I blink a couple of times and reach my hand out to touch her but she doesn't let me.

She steps back again and her smile disappears from her face and is replaced with a sad, disappointed expression. I feel my heart burn just watching tears start to fall from her eyes.

"Why are you crying, beautiful?" I ask.

She just looks at me with those big brown eyes and shakes her head.

"Why won't you answer to me? Why won't you let me touch you?" I ask.

She doesn't answer while the tears just keep flowing non-stop. She's hurting.

"Why are you hurting? Don't cry, I don't want you to cry," I pleaded, "Who made you cry?"

She just raises her hand and points a finger at me.

"M-me?"

---

I suddenly sat up and looked around.

I was in my- our room.

I ruffled my hair and grunted, the dream still crystal clear in my head.

The girl in the dream was Seohyun- well Seohyun back when she was herself.... The Seohyun that I loved when I first laid my eyes on her. Smiling, practically floating around on clouds.

Seohyun loved everyone. She was optimistic and wasn't afraid of anything. At the same time, she was a naive, innocent little girl put into a body of a teenager. Everyone loved her. There was no way you could hate the girl...

She changed from when we first were together, though. No- I made her change. I forced her to grow out of the happy paradise she lived in by hurting her and revealing her to the world of heartbreak.

I touched the cold empty sheets next to me as the first of the tears started to flow out of my eyes. With the first drop followed another and another, plopping onto the bed sheets and streaking my face. The next thing I know, I'm screaming her name, clenching my heart, and crying out.

I want her to come back. Even if I hurt her, I want her back. No matter how many times she shakes her head when I tell her that I love her, I'm telling the truth when I say that I love Seohyun.