35

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

The world twisted and turned chaotically around me as I brought my shaking hand to my hot, red face. A powerful metal hammer was banging my head repeatedly and the acidic feeling in my stomach felt like it was permanantly eating away at my insides. Was this what a hangover felt like?

"Ugh," I groaned held my aching head with my eyes tightly shut at a sad attempt to ease my headache or at least get rid of the black spots in my vision.

"Seohyun, are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice say. I opened my eyes to see Myungsoo's amused face peering down at me. He was trying to keep in his laughter.

"What happened?" I groaned. I clenched my stomach.

"Congrats- your first hangover," Myungsoo applauded. I gave him a glare but he continued, "I didn't know that you could get that drunk off of one can of beer."

"Myungsoo," I rubbed my temples at an attempt to stop the throbbing in my head, "Just tell me what happened."

"We went biking and you drank alcohol and I made you get off the bike because you were running over people and we fell asleep right here," Myungsoo explained, trying to hide his widening smile - practically mocking me.

With his words, bits and pieces of the activities that went on last night came back to mind. From what I could remember, I didn't do anything totally insane. "We fell asleep here?" I looked around to see an expanse of green hills and a bustling road below us. The people looked like ants. "Where are we anyway?" I peeped.

"I don't know. Somewhere far away from where we live," Myungsoo smirked. I sighed and just barely nodded. My head was hurting like crazy, my throat was parched and begging for water, my stomach still had remnants of that acidic, toxic liquid hell that they called alcohol.

"What time is it?" I peeped.

"About four," Myungsoo asked. I gasped a little.

"In the afternoon?"

"Yes."

I dug my head into my knees and shook my head.

"Are you okay?" Myungsoo 

"I feel terrible," I groaned, "I hate you. You said that you weren't going to get drunk and that'd you protect me."

"I did!" he insisted, "And I wasn't drunk. At least your not one of those wild kinds of drunk people."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Your super quiet. It's kind of freaky," Myungsoo laughed.

"I don't remember anything," I muttered.

"Anything?" Myungsoo looked down and started playing with the green grass we were sitting on. I shook my head to Myungsoo's dismay.

"Why? What happened?"

Myungsoo looked at me straight in the eye. "I kissed you," He said, pulling out some small white flowers from the healthy green grass and throwing them mindlessly at no specific target. "And you kissed me back."

I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I unconciously brought my fingers up to meet my lips. We kissed? I felt my heart thump in my chest.

We kissed. 

... And I don't remember a thing.

Myungsoo chuckled softly, noting my appalled expression, "I was going to ask you if you remembered, but you obviously don't."

I didn't know what to say. I wanted to know how it felt to kiss Myungsoo again and I wanted to bring back every single detail - but at the same time I wanted to forget that it ever happened- Which would be hard now that Myungsoo told me about it.

"It's fine, though," Myungsoo plastered on a smile, "Let's forget it. We didn't kiss, I just layed my lips on yours."

I blinked and looked down, bringing my arm back to rest at my side.

"Does your head still hurt?" Myungsoo asked, peering at me. I shook my head "yes". I was still dazed. Myungsoo and I kissed and I don't even remember.

"Come on," he said, dusting off his pants as he got up. I followed him quietly, a couple of foot steps behind him, thinking to myself. I hope I didn't slobber on him or taste like canned beer. I groaned. I was never going to drink again.

"Where are we going?" I managed to peep.

"There's this cafe around here that sells good coffee for hangovers," Myungsoo replied without looking back.

"Oh," I murmured quietly. I walked behind Myungsoo until he stopped, reaching a cute little shop. He entered and I did the same, immediately smelling the sweet aroma of freshly roasted coffee as the little bell attached to the door ringed, alerting the workers that there were new customers.

Myungsoo helped himself to a booth and I sat across from him, rocking back and forth and looking around the adorable cafe. A waitress helped us and soon after, a huge, hot mug of black coffee was placed in front of me.

"Drink it all," Myungsoo nudged, while sipping on his sweet mocha. I nodded and brought the white mug to my lips and took a sip but practically dropped the coffee in shock when I tasted how bitter it was.

"This is disgusting," I made a face and tried to get the bitterness off of my tongue.

Myungsoo shrugged, "It helps."

I sighed but nodded as I dared to take another drink of the toxic.

"Are you busy today?" Myungsoo asked as he broke the silence. I shook my head, "Are you?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "I have a photo shoot I have to get to today."

"Oh," I replied, "Take good pictures."

Myungsoo chuckled before a silence.

"... Do you want to come?" he asked.

A smile lit up on my face, "Could I really?" I had never seen Myungsoo "in action" on a real professional photography site with all of the expensive cameras and models and make up designers.

"Yeah," Myungsoo replied with a grin, "It might be a little boring but you can if you want."

I eagerly nodded, "I want to."

After my hangover "medicine" and Myungsoo's snack at the cafe, we found our bicycles, dropped them off at home, and headed off to the photoshoot site. As soon as we got out of the car, Myungsoo was bombarded by what seemed like ten thousand people asking him a bunch of questions about the lighting, the model's makeup, and the position of the camera. I watched in awe as Myungsoo calmly answered questions and helped staff like a professional.

"You can sit anywhere you'd like," Myungsoo smiled as he got ready for the shoot. I nodded and watched him take his seat as he started to direct the crew - giving everyone directions.

I smiled as I watched him. He stuck out his tongue as he snapped his shots, concentrating on every single detail of the whole set. A sense of passion radiated from his whole self. He occasionally looked over at me and gave me a small grin or a nod, making the smile on my face widen.

During the five minute break, Myungsoo came over to me and sat down on the floor where I had been sitting. "Sorry, it's boring isn't it?" he asked. But I just shook my head and smiled back at him, "It's interesting. I like it."

"Do you want to help, then?" he asked.

"I don't want to mess anything up," I laughed.

"You won't, trust me," Myungsoo said with a charming smile as he got up. He gave me his hand as he led me to the shoot. Myungsoo pulled a chair over and sat me right next to him in front of a huge camera with what seemed like a thousand buttons and switches. As Myungsoo left me to check out the gadget laid in front of me, the shoot started.

"Switch this on and off for me," Myungsoo said motioning to one of the light switches as he held his camera to his face. I did as he said, switching the light and colors on and off as he told me to. Maybe I was easily entertained, who knows, but I was actually enjoying participating in the shoot and watching Myungsoo. Even if I didn't really do much.

In about two more hours or so, the shoot was over and while additional staff and crew stayed to clean, Myungsoo and I left in his car.

"How was it?" he asked.

"It was fun," I exclaimed with a smile, "I should help you with every photo shoot."

"Oh no, I'm not letting you go through physical hell," Myungsoo chuckled with his eyes steady on the road.

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Do you know how tiring it is to have a packed schedule, flying from place to place to participate in photo shoots you don't even want to do? I don't even know about half the events I attend until I actually attend them," Myungsoo sighed, "I love photography but it's becoming a hassle. Sometimes I can't even sleep because I'm so busy."

I nodded and leaned back in the carseat, not knowing how to comfort him- not knowing what to say.

"You know, you should be my manager," he said, lighting up the atmosphere.

"I'd do it," I smiled, giving him a thumbs up.

"Are you sure you could handle it? I mean, you'd have to go to all my schedules with me," Myungsoo chided.

"I just don't think I can handle being with you all the time," I joked. After a peaceful car ride, Myungsoo walked me up to my apartment where we bid our farewells.

"Thanks for bearing with me through the shoot," Myungsoo said. I shook my head, "I told you that I liked it. It's better than sitting around all day doing nothing."

Myungsoo nodded and smiled, giving me one last wave before he started to walk away.

"Wait, Myungsoo," I stopped him before he started heading down the stairs. He stopped in his tracks and turned around. I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I contemplated whether to just let him go or not. "I was wondering," I lingered, "How did our kiss go?"

Myungsoo stayed quiet before he restated the question, "You mean like, how did I kiss you?"

I nodded slowly, "I'm just curious."

"Well, we were staring at the sky laying on the grass at the park and we were laughing and you turned to look at me the same time I did and I guess we got caught up in the moment and I kissed you," he explained. Myungsoo's face hardened a little and I was pretty sure mine was bright red.

"It was kinda..." Myungsoo took a breath as his voice died down into a whisper, "Like this..." He leaned in and stopped right before his lips touched mine- asking for allowance without words. I didn't move. I could barely comprehend what was happening at the moment as I stood there as stiff as a rock. The seconds felt like minutes as Myungsoo leaned closer in, assuming that I was alright due to the fact that I didn't already push him away, closing the miniscule gap between us and connecting our lips.

It was all too quick because Myungsoo pulled back before I could even think about what was happening.

"See you," Myungsoo murmured as he rubbed his neck and trodded down the stairs.

Did he just kiss me?

I thought about it for the longest time, having mixed feelings about what just happened. Physically, I was smiling -beaming, actually. The way his lips felt were the same as they felt when we first started dating. But emotionally, I was having a war with myself. To trust or not to trust? To love or to hate?

I laughed at myself. I was so nervous that I practically didn't even remember how the kiss went.

That night, I layed in bed, thinking about Woohyun, thinking about my parents, thinking about Myungsoo. I wanted to hate him with all my heart and put that protective fence around me. But his mere presence was like a drug. Something about him made me trust me just like how I trusted him before I knew he was cheating on me. I was so vulnerable when I was around Myungsoo. It was scary how much I could "train" myself into being nonchalant around him and then melt like putty when I was right before him.

Sure I acted pretty well, but inside I was dying, melting under his soft hands and wanting to run into his arms.

And that scared me.