The Beginning

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

"Unnie, have you ever been in love?" Minji peered up at me with round curious eyes. She set down her pencil and gave me her paper to correct. I tutored Minji every week. It was one of the many part time jobs I worked. Even though I was on scholarship at Seoul University, someone had to pay for living expenses and it wasn't going to be my parents.

I mindlessly answered, "Yes."

"So you believe in love, right?" Minji asked, dreamily, placing her chin down on the table.

"No."

"Eh?" Minji sat up and frowned at me. She frowned even more to see red marks all over her paper. "Is that possible?"

"Mhmm," I answered, handing her the paper.

"But unnie, don't you have a boyfriend? You have to believe in love if your in love with your boyfriend, right?" Minji asked.

"Minji, correct your work," I switched the subject.

"Oookay, but I'm just saying unnie. If you don't want your boyfriend, I'll have Oppa. He is fine!" Minji sang. I just gave her a small smile. Myungsoo? Sure, he's good looking. He's gorgeous... But what does that matter if he cheats, lies, breaks my heart every single second of my life for 7 years?

Minji must've noticed the mood change because she set down her pencil again and looked at me with sad eyes, "Myungsoo oppa doesn't treat you well, does he?"

I opened my mouth to threaten her about her work again but she beat me to it.

"Unnie, this is girl talk," Minji scoot her chair closer to mine and leaned in, "Why are you still dating him if he constantly hurts you? Just leave him! Be the cool one in the relationship!" Minji lectured.

"It's not as easy as you think," I whispered. Minji dramatically rolled her eyes and went back to correcting her work before I could start to scold her again. I stared blankly out into space as I thought to myself. Why can't I break up with him? Why am I still letting him into my heart when he's crushing it from the inside? Why do I even love him anymore?

---

After the tutoring ended, me and Myungsoo went out to dinner. I met him at the fancy resturaunt and waited for him at a table.

He was ten minutes late.

"Seohyun, I'm so sorry, traffic was-" Myungsoo started.

"It's okay," I said nonchalantly. This is what I expect out of him anyways. Myungsoo sat down across from me and picked up a menu and skimmed over it.

"What do you want to eat?" he asked me. He noticed that I was just sitting there.

"Anything's fine," I answered.

"I hate when people say that," Myungsoo chuckled, "I know you like alfredo pasta. We'll order that." My eyes lit up as Myungsoo said that but then I remembered what happened last night- or- this morning. Myungsoo was always good to me after I tried to leave. Gradually, though, that goodness would fade away slowly and he'd just go back to cheating and hurting me. He'd say sorry and I'd forgive.

All he could do is say sorry.

I sunk back into my seat and the joy disappeared from my face.

"How was tutoring?" Myungsoo asked.

"Good. How was the photo shoot?"

"Good. Just a little tiring, though," Myungsoo answered. Well you should've came home earlier and slept instead of go clubbing with your other girlfriend.

I put on a sympathetic smile, "Just sleep when you get home. We'll go home early today."

Myungsoo kept asking me questions and tried to start up a conversation but I just replied with short answers that ended the conversation. During the middle of dinner, Myungsoo gave up and all that was heard was the classical music playing in the resturaunt and the clinking of silverware.

I wasn't hungry anymore. 7 years of love had led us to awkwardness and tears.

After dinner, Myungsoo and I caught a taxi home. We lived together because, well, first of all, we "loved" each other. After 4 years we just decided that we loved each other so much that apparently, we couldn't go 1 second without seeing each other.

Maybe that was the problem. Maybe he got tired of me because he saw me too much.

I glanced over at Myungsoo to see that he was deep asleep. I smiled. He was beautiful. Like an angel. My heart skipped a beat and started pounding just by looking at him. Times like this made me think that all the heartbreak was worth it.

I crept my hand across the black leather seats of the back of the taxi, inching towards Myungsoo's hand. I just wanted to feel his warmth. Just as I was about to touch his palm, the phone in his hand lit up and vibrated. I jumped a little but Myungsoo didn't even stir.

I chuckled.

He slept like a rock through everything.

My little chuckle faded when I saw who the text was from though. A girl. I just kept staring at the blinking phone until the screen went black. I snapped my eyes away from the screen. It's probably just Myungsoo's friend. I mean, I have friends that are boys too, right?

The phone vibrated again and the phone lit up, streaking through the darkness in the taxi. I hesitated as I reached over and opened the text. I was dying of curiousity.

Myung Baby.
I'm seeing you tonight after dinner?

Myung Baby.
Where are you? Is your girlfriend still next to you or something? Come quick, I'm cold T.T

What kind of sick person would go out with Myungsoo when she knows he has a girlfriend? 

The car gently skid to a stop and Myungsoo started to stir. I sat back in my seat and pretended nothing happened. Myungsoo yawned and checked his phone and texted something.

I just glanced over at him and pretended like I didn't know anything.

After I payed the taxi driver, I just slammed the taxi door and huffed to the elevator.

"Wait, Wait!" Myungsoo stuck his foot in the closing elevator door and walked in, "Why are you walking so fast? Did something happen?"

I shook my head. If only he knew...

 

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

and.... chpt. 1 is up.! just with the forward i had 16 subscribers :O <3
i hope you enjoyed the chapter & look forward to the chapters ahead~

한나.