16

The Girl Who Can't Break Up and the Boy Who Can't Leave

Myungsoo

I watched her as she walked down the bright streets of Myungdong. I picked up the stuff she looked at and bought them. I could never do this for her when we were together.

It felt good that we were in the same area together without any crying or awkwardness- even if she didn't even know that I was watcing her.

From the looks of her back figure, she seemed joyful. She was prancing around as she went in and out of the stores. She turned around a few times but I slipped into buildings to avoid her seeing me. First of all, I didn't want to ruin her night. Second, well, I just wanted to watch over her happiness like this.

As I watched her, I don't know why I didn't get how precious she was to me and  how much I adored her.

She slightly turned around making her delicate hair bounce and smiled a small smile at a little kid who accidently bumped into her. It was nice seeing her happy. Her hands were swinging by her sides and I just wanted to sneak up and grab them for one last time. I frowned. It was cold but she didn't have any gloves on. I saw her blow warm air onto her raw, red fingers and rub her hands together to warm them up.

I don't know why I didn't care for her when I actually could.

She sat down in a resturaunt and I slipped into the seat behind her. The empty seat in front of her seemed so open, so inviting. But I glued myself to where I was sitting now and just adored her from afar.

Only one girl for every boy.

And I was sure that it was Seohyun.

She was the girl for me- but I don't think I was the boy for her. As much as I didn't want to believe it, I knew that sometime in the future I would have to accept it. When she gets another boyfriend, when she falls in love again, when she gets married- I'll have to stand by her side and watch her with a smile plastered onto my face. But I was oddly okay with it because she deserves it all.

Yet, right now I want to forget about all these facts and pretend she's mine again.

All of a sudden, there were cheers coming from the people outside. Seohyun turned her head to see everyone outside celebrating as snow fell from the heavens. She grinned, got up from her seat, threw her leftover food in the trash and stuck her hands deep in her pockets as she strolled outside.

She kept walking until we got to the middle of Myungdong where there was a big open space- the plaza.

A piano piece played from the many big black speakers in sync as Seohyun leaned her body against the railings of the ice skating rink. She tilted her head and moved her feet in rythym to the music as she watched the people glide across the ice in groups.

I made my way around her to the exact opposite side of the skating rink, facing her. She was so close to me- but so far away at the same time. She didn't even look my way but I didn't care as long as she had that smile glued onto her beautiful face.

As much as I wanted to believe that that smile was for me, It probably wasn't...

I watched as she walked around the edge of the huge water fountain, eating the hot bar she bought from a random street vendor. I secretly hoped she wouldn't fall. I knew Seohyun was ridiculously clumsy. She got around the circumference of the fountain and hopped down safely.

I chuckled, she plays well by herself.

She finally settled down in front of a cafe letting the snow fall around her with a pensive expression on her face. She swung her legs and leaned head on her palms as she just sat there.

I missed the way she would swing her legs like that.

I saw her check the time on her watch and sigh, getting up lazily from the chair and heading back the way she came from.

I followed Seohyun all the way back to her apartment. I gave myself a mental note to remind her sometime not to walk alone on dark streets at 2 in the morning. But then I realized: When would I even get the chance to tell her that?

She finally arrived at her apartment and shut the front door behind her, letting the door lock itself with a click. I looked at all the shopping bags in my hand tied together and left them at the front door with one word on one of the bags: Seohyun.

 

Seohyun

"Oh!" My foot ran into a bunch of bags laying on my front door as I got ready to go to work in the morning. I picked them up. I wasn't expecting any packages. I shrugged and put it on top of my small shoe cabinet and went on my way.

I felt refreshed after I came back from my walk last night and I wasn't even tired this morning. For some reason, I felt happier than usual yesterday. And on top of that, I finished the presentation in 10 minutes.

I smiled. Successful days.

I couldn't help but wonder: Is it because I'm forgetting about Myungsoo?

Well your not forgetting if you think about him right now, right?

I shook these thoughts from my head and road the bus. The snow that started to fall yesterday was still cascading down and left clumps of snow on the streets and tops of cars. Usually the sky was gray on snowy days but there wasn't any wind and the sun was shining brightly, making the white snow illuminate in thousands of brilliant colors.

As I made my way over to my office, I yelped as I turned my unusually heavy swivel chair over to see Howon sitting on the chair, grinning.

"What are you doing here?!" I whispered, trying not to disrupt the others.

"New job, Seo," he winked and got out of my chair.

"NO WAY!" I smiled as I gave him a hug, "Wait- how?!"

He rolled his eyes, "Understimating my talents?"

"A little," I joked, "So what department are you in?"

"I'm in building C," he replied.

"Isn't that like on the other side of the building?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah, and I think I'm late for my first day," he zoomed off. I rolled my eyes and smiled a little. Everything was going so perfectly all of a sudden. I smiled at my progress as I sat down in my swivel chair and twirled around.

 

 

 

- - -

so who's an awesome author for updating again? ((;