Step 9: Play To Win

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was very frustrating for Gary when his phone call to Ji Hyo didn't get through because the line was busy. He wondered if Jong Kook had given him a wrong number, but Gary didn't want to upset his older friend by questioning his honesty. Still determined to connect with Ji Hyo, Gary decided to send her a text message.

 

Gary: Ji Hyo aah.. this is Gary oppa. I've been trying to reach you through the phone, but the line was engaged. Are you busy right now?'

 

There was no respond from Ji Hyo after 10 minutes he sent the message, so Gary began to doubt that the phone number really belongs to the woman. He let out a heavy sigh, while locking his eyes on the phone screen. "Aish this lady! Why do you have to make oppa suffer from waiting for your reply?" Gary mumbled alone in disappointment. The phone rang when he was about to take a shower, so he excitedly reaching for it without looking at the caller ID. "Yoboseyo? How have you been?" he answered in a sweet way. The person on the line was laughing at him, "Yaa Gary! What's wrong with your voice? Are you expecting someone else?".

 

Gary frown the moment he heard Jong Kook's voice, "Aah.. hyung. I was waiting for my girlfriend to call, but too bad it was you." "Yaa! You should be happy to receive my call. But wait a second.. you have a girlfriend? Who's that lucky girl?" Jong Kook was very curious to find out. Gary just giggled as a reply and told Jong Kook to ignore his words. Although he wasn't satisfied with Gary's reaction, Jong Kook had to change the topic when Gary asked for the reason he contacted him. "Let's have dinner together tomorrow, I want to introduce you to my future wife," Jong Kook said with pride. When Gary asked for the name of his girlfriend, the muscular man was laughing hard and told him to wait till the dinner.

 

"Waa.. I'm so excited to meet your lady. At what time should I be there?" Gary was waiting for confirmation from Jong Kook. After a short silence, the muscular man replied, "Perhaps at 9:00pm?". After reaching to a concensus, they bid goodbye to each other and ended the call. Few minutes later, Gary received a text message from Ji Hyo.

 

Ji Hyo: Oh Gary oppa.. sorry I didn't notice your message. Is there anything that you want to tell me? 

 

Gary had a big smile on his face and immediately replied to her text message.

 

Gary: Nothing much. Oppa just want to chat with you. Can I call you now? 

Ji Hyo: Hmm.. it's quite late now, oppa. How about we have the chat tomorrow?

Gary: Okay. Tomorrow is fine too. Sorry for disturbing you at this hour. Oppa really miss you  ;)

Ji Hyo: That's okay, oppa. I'm going to sleep now. Good night!

Gary: Good night my dear.. oppa will be seeing you in your dream!

 

The man smiled alone as he read the text message over and over again. Ji Hyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter