Step 41: Never Give Up

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gary arrived about five minutes earlier than the 'secretly married' couple - Joong Ki and Ji Hyo. His lips curled upwards the moment he saw her pretty face, but his smile slowly disappeared once he realized that she's still his dongsaeng's wife. Suddenly Gary began to greet Ji Hyo formally and made the woman laughed. "What's the matter oppa? Did I make you feel awkward?" Ji Hyo smiled sheepishly.

 

"Ah ni! It's just.. I have to show some respect since your 'husband' is here," Gary smirked at Joong Ki who nudged his arm to protest.

The young man became defensive, "Yaa hyung! Stop making fun of us! Just act normal, arachi?"

Gary giggled, "It's not easy to look at both of you and not remembering the fact that you guys are married. Ji Hyo aah.. can you hear my heart breaking? Aigoo!"

"Aah.. oppa. You're too dramatic! No wonder you're good in writing lyrics," she just laughed it out, assuming that Gary was teasing her in order to get even with Joong Ki.

 

Their conversation was put on hold when the waiter came to take their orders. Before the three begin to focus on a more serious topic that brought them together, they chat about the funny moments during their student years. "Sometimes I wish Jong Kook hyung is the same big guy who is shy and only cares about food or his Unlucky Brothers. Now with all that muscles.. I almost felt like he is a Commander. As if.. whenever he roared, you began to imagine someone saying 'Sparta!' so loud at the back of your mind," Gary's comment made his friends burst out laughing while enjoying their lunch.

 

"Me too! A shy Jong Kook is much easier to deal with than a muscular-yet-sensitive hyung!" Joong Ki added. But hearing the name being said over and over again made Ji Hyo felt sad, "Mianhae.. if it wasn't because of me, Jong Kook oppa will never leave like this. I really miss him. I wish he is here." The men stopped laughing. They saw her trying very hard not to cry, but the best that she could do was to look away as her eyes began to get watery. Suddenly there was silence at the table, with everyone focusing on their food until they finished off everything.

 

Assuming that everyone was ready to talk about their plan, Gary shared a piece of information that he found on Jong Kook, "I checked the place where hyung is working at in the morning. Seems like he is still there.. teaching basic singing for adults. If we're lucky enough, we can go there on Monday and meet him right after his class!"

Then Joong Ki raised his hand in excitement, "Oh.. I have a better idea! But I need noona to agree with something."

"What is it?" Ji Hyo became more anxious when Joong Ki gave a strange smile at her.

 

That Monday morning was just another typical day for Jong Kook. He woke up - went to the gym for 2 hours then prepared himself for his class at the private music school where he spent 4 hours helping ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter