Step 40: Make Her Regret

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he was heading for the door, Jong Kook silently hoping that Ji Hyo would stop him or at least tell him to stay. Instead, it was Joong Ki who ran towards him and begging for his forgiveness. That 'cold reaction' from Ji Hyo has shattered his heart into pieces and made it even harder for Jong Kook to accept her 'betrayal'. To him, that woman is no longer the Ji Hyo he knew, because she would never let him go so easily. His 'Ji Hyo' would have thrown herself at him - wrapping her hands around his body while crying on his shoulder as she told him how sorry she was for hurting him unintentionally.

 

"Hyung, jaebal. You can't end our friendship like this! Give us a chance to make things right again," Joong Ki refused to give up and kept pleading for his best friend to change his mind. Jong Kook turned to face the young man, then his eyes were shooting at Ji Hyo who was avoiding his stare. When she just sat there in silence, Jong Kook finally responded, "I don't think that's what she wants. So why don't you just go back to your 'wife' and make her happy.. something that I am not able to do when I was her man."

 

Then he disappeared. Jong Kook slammed the door behind him and left the two persons that he used to care about in deepest regret. Only when Jong Kook was no longer in presence, Ji Hyo buried her face in her hands and crying her heart out. At first Joong Ki wanted to scold her for allowing Jong Kook to leave, but seeing the 'fragile Ji Hyo' made him felt the same pain that she had.

 

"Noona.. gwaenchanayo. We just need to give hyung some time to calm down before we talk to him again about this. But more importantly, you have to be strong. You can't give up just yet.. cause I know how much you love hyung more than anyone else," Joong Ki cuddled Ji Hyo with one arm and let her head rested on his shoulder. She was sobbing uncontrollably, "What's the point of fighting, Joong Ki? I have already lost him.. I lost him the day I lied about everything."

 

He lifted her chin with one finger and made her stared at him, "But you still love him.. don't you? Isn't that enough?". Ji Hyo didn't respond to his questions. With a weak smile, Joong Ki held both Ji Hyo's hands as he said, "Although I do love you noona.. but I know I can't be selfish and keep you away from your man. Love is not about taking advantage when you have the chance.. love is about how much you want the person you care most to live happily and be able to smile for the rest of her life. So if you want to run towards Jong Kook hyung because he's the one.. then just do it. Do it without having to look back or worry about me. I will be alright."

 

"How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter