Step 39: Unfold The Truth

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two were still standing at the main door when Ji Hyo's assistant was desperately trying to stop a man from barging in. When all eyes were met, it was a great shock for everyone in the room. Joong Ki and Ji Hyo didn't expect that Jong Kook would appear out of nowhere, while the muscular man was extremely surprise to discover the truth. Not just the fact that Joong Ki was with her, but seeing Ji Hyo standing on her two feet when she was supposed to be sitting on a wheelchair made Jong Kook's mouth agape.

 

"Oo.. oppa. What are you.." before she could finish her words, Jong Kook shot a question, "So you can walk?". Then he turned to Joong Ki, "You.. you know about it but you didn't tell me anything? You call yourself my friend?!". Joong Ki wanted to place his hand on Jong Kook's shoulder in order to calm him, but the man pushed his hand away in anger. No one dare to stare at Jong Kook in the eye, so both Joong Ki and Ji Hyo just looked away out of guilt.

 

As he wasn't happy that none of the two offered him a good explanation, Jong Kook began to roar, "Why can't anyone answer me?!". Honestly she was afraid to speak out, knowing that any word from won't be able to justify her 'lies' to him. Realising that the situation was getting intense, Ji Hyo instructed Yeon Su to keep everyone away from her office and to leave them alone. Once there were only three of them in the room, Ji Hyo began by asking the men to take a seat.

 

But Jong Kook was too upset that he demanded for Ji Hyo to answer him there and then. With eyes staring deep at Jong Kook, Ji Hyo carefully persuaded the man, "Oppa.. jaebal. This is still a workplace and we must respect other people who work here. If you really want to understand why, let's talk about it over there." At first he was hesitated, but Jong Kook finally followed Joong Ki and Ji Hyo to the discussion area at the corner of the President's office. Once seated, he immediately asked, "Well? What are you waiting for? Explain to me now!"

 

"Hyung.. please don't blame noona.." Joong Ki wanted to defend his 'wife', but she wouldn't allow him. Taking a deep breath, Ji Hyo was ready to begin the painful conversation, "I understand that my apology means nothing to you right now as it came too late.. but at least you need to know the reason for all these." She paused for a second before continued, "When I was in the hospital.. I overheard the conversation between my late father's colleagues who happened to be the members of the Board. They were questioning about the next person to sit on the President's chair after my father's death.. now that the only heir to the family was not in a good physical condition and might not survive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter