Step 8: Pretend To Be Nice

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you willing to lose in order to get what you want?" she asked him in a serious tone. Woo Bin was clueless with her sudden question, "Mwo? I don't understand.. what do you want me to say?". Ji Hyo was looking straight into his eyes, as if she was telling him to read her mysterious mind. She hasn't say a word, and that's made Woo Bin became more nervous without knowing how to react or respond to her question. After a minute of silence, Ji Hyo began to speak out from the heart, "I know that you and Jong Kook oppa are not on good terms.. but you guys are brothers. Since we're getting married soon, now is the best time for you to to make up for what you've lost."

 

Hearing the name of his step brother has triggered the hatred within him. There was an anger in his voice, "Why are we talking about him? What makes him important to you?! Don't tell me that he's the one you're seeing behind my back!". Knowing how defensive Woo Bin was, Ji Hyo gave up her effort to help the brothers reconcile their differences as a family and decided to walk out from the discussion. The man quickly grabbed her by the wrist - not giving her a chance to escape from answering to him. His expression was getting very strong, "Why can't you answer me?! What are you hiding from?!". "Yaa Kim Woo Bin! Do you always have to be suspicious about everything? If you really can't trust me at all then maybe we shouldn't proceed with the marriage!" Ji Hyo began to lose her patience.

 

Taken aback by her explosion, Woo Bin lose his tongue and suddenly the fear of losing her haunted his mind again. Ji Hyo seems to be really serious with her words, which was why he reminded himself to control his emotion and try to understand her point of view. "It's not that I don't trust you.. but the thing between Jong Kook and I was way too complicated for us to just sweep it under the carpet," Woo Bin was hoping that she would consider his situation. Ji Hyo inhaled deeply, as if she wasn't happy with his justification. After he arranged his words carefully in his mind, Woo Bin finally surrendered his dignity, "Geurae.. if I call a truce with Jong Kook, will that make you happy?". Finally she was able to smile at him, "Neh, but I hope that's not the only reason for you to be nice to him."

 

'You've got that right, Ji Hyo. I'm doing it not just for you to be happy.. but more importantly I want to keep you as mine,'  the truth only spoken in his mind, so he put on his innocent face and fake a smile. He even agreed with Ji Hyo's idea which was to have a dinner with Jong Kook and his unlucky brothers before the wedding, but determined to do it 'his way'.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter