Step 37: Work On A Solution

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, her eyes wouldn't allow her to fall asleep. She kept tossing and turning on bed, yet there's an unsettled feeling that grew stronger in her heart. A heavy sigh escaped from as she stared blankly at the ceiling of her room while listening to the 'loud argument' that was cluttering her mind. After hours of trying to doze off, Ji Hyo decided to get up and turn on her laptop to check out her email. It was almost 3am, but she hasn't felt like returning to her bed and have a good rest.

 

As she scanned through her meeting calendar, Ji Hyo came to a realization. Since she took back the President's seat from Woo Bin, she hardly had time for herself. From morning till night, all she did was attending to her work and just once in a while going for her routine check up at the hospital. She suddenly missed the time when life was less complicated, but it only reminded her of the loss as well as the pain from the past. Ji Hyo reached out for a picture of her family on her work desk, and naturally tears began to flood her eyes. "Appa.. eomma. Have you been well in heaven? I wish to be there with you, but I still have things to be done before my time to go. Can you wait a little longer?"

 

Gary was upset when the loud knock on his front door had disturbed his beauty sleep. He lazily dragged his feet towards the sound while telling the person to give him some time. Once the door was opened, Gary was surprised to see the person standing right in front of him. "Omo! Hyung.. what are you doing here at this hour?". Although Gary hasn't invite him in, Jong Kook casually entered his friend's home and went straight to throw himself on the couch. Before closing the door, Gary scanned around to check if there's another person, "Are you alone?"

 

"Ye. Sorry for barging in, Gary. But I really need to talk," Jong Kook made a gesture that he wanted his friend to have a seat with him.

Gary was slightly anxious as he observed the strange behavior of Jong Kook, "What's wrong, hyung? Are you in trouble?"

"Ahni.. or maybe I am. Aish! I'm also confused Gary ah!"

"So what can I do for you?"

Jong Kook didn't immediately respond. He locked his stare at Gary for a moment before he finally said, "My dongsaeng, I'm sorry for asking you this.. but.. I really need to know and I want to hear it straight from you. Will you be honest?"

"Whoah.. you're making me nervous hyung!" Gary laughed awkwardly, then stopped when he noticed the serious look on Jong Kook's face."Mian. I didn't mean to.. well.. you can ask me anything, hyung."

"Gomawo. I just want to know.. if the reason for you to give up boxing and donor your kidney to Ji Hyo.. was that because you love her?"

Jong Kook's question was tot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter