Step 22: Protect What's Yours

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woo Bin smirked as he listened to every single word that was said by Mr. Song to his daughter through the quick phone call. He drummed his fingers on the table, waiting patiently for the father-daughter conversation to end. It wasn't hard to get Ji Hyo's parent to do whatever that he wanted, simply when there's a multi-billion 'transaction' involved between the two wealthy families in Korea. "I want you to apologize to your future husband the first thing tomorrow. Arachi?!" Mr. Song hung up and steered his focus back to Woo Bin who was seating just across him. "Please forgive our Ji Hyo, Woo Bin aah. I don't know what's gotten into her.. but I'm sure she has a good explanation for this," the old man was embarrassed by his daughter's behaviour which he regarded as disrespectful to their future in law.

 

"Gwaenchanayo, abeonim. I already forgave her.. as long as the wedding is still on," Woo Bin gently reminding on the deal that was sealed by both families. Mr. Song nodded as he understood the message that he was emphasizing, "Algesso! Just leave that to me. Ji Hyo is our only daughter, so she has no choice but to accept her destiny.. that is to marry you as we have agreed." Woo Bin was happy - in fact too happy to receive the commitment from Mr. Song on the wedding. Though he knew that Ji Hyo wouldn't accept the marriage that was arranged for her, but the more important thing for Woo Bin was to 'own' her before other men could.

 

The serious discussion then went on to different topics - the recent construction projects in Busan, investment in newly launched properties and other stuff that business people usually love to talk about. Woo Bin had promised to join venture in the next big project of the Song's Group of Companies, and in return he will own a small percentage of the share in the organization. "It's really a pleasure to collaborate with you abeonim," Woo Bin exchanged handshake with the old man and bowed to him as a show of respect. He left the building at 4pm with a sense of accomplishment - knowing that he got a strong support from Ji Hyo's parents.

 

His phone rang when he just got into the car. An evil smile appeared on his face the moment he saw the caller ID, "I wonder what took you so long to explain yourself to me. Are you ready to apologize now?". "You're such an immature man, Kim Woo Bin. Why must you involved my parent in our situation?!" Ji Hyo scowled over the line and made Woo Bin burst into wicked laughter. He simply mocked her in respond, "Your father deserves to know how his daughter behave around her future husband.. and by the way, where have you been since morning?!"

 

"It's none of your business!" she briefly answered.

"Should I remind you that we're getting married

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter