Step 36: Have The Conversation

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She took back her hand - eyes gazing at the beautiful diamond ring that Jong Kook put on her finger. It was indeed made for her size, but somehow Ji Hyo felt that she doesn't deserve the 'gift'. With a heavy heart, she took it off from her finger and returned the ring back to Jong Kook, "Mianhae oppa.. I can't take this." Frankly Jong Kook knew she would decline his proposal, but still it made him upset with her abrupt decision. A heavy sigh escaped from his mouth as he blurted out his disappointment, "That was fast. I was hoping that you would at least give it a thought.. before saying no. You're being heartless."

 

Ji Hyo lowered her head, not able to stare directly at Jong Kook. She wiped off her tears from her eyes and took a deep breath. Once she has regulated her emotion, Ji Hyo continued with the heart-to-heart conversation, "Please understand my situation, oppa. I'm not in the right position to give the answer that you want. It's not easy for me to do this without feeling guilty.."

 

Jong Kook immediately reached out for Ji Hyo's hand to interrupt her, "But your happiness is more important, Ji Hyo aah. It's okay to be selfish when it comes to love. I'm sure my brothers will understand and they will not blame you for this."

"But how can I be happy when I know that it will hurt Gary and Joong Ki? Do you think it's fair for me to just ignore their feeling?"

 

Jong Kook understood well the reason she was hesitated. Because of the surgery that she went through, the doctors also found that Ji Hyo had a problem with her kidney. She needed a new one in order to survive, and it happened to be that Gary was a suitable donor. While she had to spend days at the hospital, Joong Ki helped to manage her father's company as her representative. Just like Jong Kook, the other two Unlucky Brothers also played an important part in her life. Therefore she couldn't just choose any of them even if she wanted to.

 

"Because of me.. Gary oppa had to quit doing what he loves most. Becoming a boxing champion was his only dream, oppa. But I took that away from him.. and give nothing in return," again she paused for a second and took a sip from her cup before continued, "And without Joong Ki.. my father's legacy will just be a history. I might end up as a homeless woman too, if it wasn't for his willingness to look after the company when I couldn't."

 

"Geurae. Now that you put it that way.. I guess what I've done was too small to compare to my brothers. I wish I can do what Gary did, but the doctors said that my kidney wasn't suitable. I want to help you with the business thing too, but a music teacher like me knows nothing about it. Al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter