Step 17: The Kidnapping

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo went into Woo Bin's car with a 'not-in-a-mood-to-talk' attitude. She was frowning while fastening her seat belt - ignoring the eyes of her fiancé who was gazing sharply at her face. "Wae geu rae? Are you not happy to see me?" Woo Bin blurted out his disappointment. It's not that he wasn't used to Ji Hyo's cold act, but with Jong Kook always around to make him the bad guy in the eyes of his woman made Woo Bin felt insecure about his relationship. He knew that Ji Hyo was blaming him for 'attacking' Jong Kook, but the word 'sorry' just not in his dictionary. He waited for her to say something, even if she responded in an offensive way. So the long pause had successfully annoyed Ji Hyo, "Well? Aren't we late already? Ppali-ppali!"

 

Before he shifting the gear to 'drive' mode, Woo Bin gave a half-smile to his fiancée who was looking at the opposite direction. The awkward moment felt uncomfortable to him, so he tried to have a conversation with Ji Hyo, "Are you nervous about the wedding? Soon you'll be my wife.. so you can't 'ignore' my presence anymore." She knew he purposely thrown that question not really for her to reply, but more like 'reminding' her that her future will be dictated by him. Woo Bin had claimed that he loves her, yet Ji Hyo felt that she was just one of many 'properties' that he owned. With an annoyed face, she responded to him in her firm voice, "How can I ignore someone who's always good at making me feel irritated?".

 

Woo Bin laughed. He really fond of the 'Bad Ji Hyo' attitude that she displayed to him. Yes - only when she was with him will her 'other personality' appeared, and that made Woo Bin felt special to the woman. He's already famous for his 'bad-boy' image, so Woo Bin can fit well with her cold reaction. To him, Ji Hyo had been herself without being burden by her family's reputation everytime she launched her 'Bad Ji Hyo' behavior. She wasn't a sweet, innocent girl that many people thought of - that's just her mask as the heir to the Song's family. Still, her beauty has concealed all her flaws and easily melted the heart of many men. That was the very reason for Woo Bin to be obsessed with having her as his rightful wife - a trophy that he could be proud of as the sole winner against all the eligible bachelors in Korea.

 

"We're here. Please wait in the car. I'm going to search for the wedding planner," Woo Bin instructed Ji Hyo as he stepped out from the car. She rolled her eyes - feeling agitated by his controlling behavior. As he moved farther from the vehicle, she scanned around the area that their parents had chosen as the venue for her wedding. The place was located in Ilsan - where she was born. That was the reason for them to opt for the venue out of many places. "Am I doing the right thing?" Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter