Step 32: Claim Your Position

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been weeks since the incident befallen the Songs, and throughout that period the President's chair was left without an heir. As he was supposed to be the son-in-law to the family, Woo Bin's decision to call for a special General Meeting of the Board was unanimously agreed by the directors. Some were already rooted for him as the best candidate to fill the empty position, but others insisted to wait until there's a confirmed status of the missing daughter to the Songs. Hence, the future of the company would be determined by the majority as governed by the law.

 

"How do I look?" Woo Bin seek for his mother's opinion on his attire for the 'big day'. The old woman smiled proudly as she neaten her son's tie, "Perfect.. like a President. I can't believe that you've made it!". Woo Bin chuckled at his mother's comment. He purposely wanted her to join the meeting so he can introduce his mother as a new addition to the Board - once he got voted to be the President of the Songs empire. So the mother-and-son walked into the Board Room with confidence, where everyone else was already waiting.

 

Without being told, Woo Bin went straight to sit at the President's chair. All eyes were on him as he began his speech, "First of all, I'd like to thank the members for attending this important meeting. It is an honour to have your full support after what happened to Mr. Song and his family.. which is why it is painful for me to do this when my beloved 'wife-to-be' is still missing. Though the wedding didn't take place, I already considered them as part of my real family. Mr. Song was indeed a great President for this organization.. and I'm sure all of us will miss his presence."

 

When Woo Bin paused, one of the directors raised his hand and asked, "What if Miss Ji Hyo is still alive? Isn't she the rightful heir to the President?". That question made Woo Bin let out a small laugh, "Of course.. and I as her husband-to-be will be the first person to welcome her home. But we all know that this company can't continue without a leader for so long. Hence, I urge everyone to think rationally for the benefit of the employees and everyone here. If we keep on waiting and hoping without doing anything to save this organization.. then we all have to bid farewell to the Song's legacy. So.. anyone else is against it?"

 

"That would be me.. Kim Woo Bin ssi," suddenly someone voiced out in the room and made everybody shifted their focus on that person. Woo Bin's mouth agape. Just like everyone, he couldn't believe what he saw with his own eyes. Standing firmly at the door with his step brother - Jong Kook, Ji Hyo shot a sharp stare at him and said, "Waeyo? Are you seeing ghost?"

 

(On the day of the incident)

 

Right then Jong Kook heard someone's knocking at his front door. His heart was beating out of rhythm. With a nervous tone, he whispered through the phone, "I think you're right, Gary. The cops are already here." His friend reminded him to cooperate with the officers, and told him to stay calm no matter what. After they ended the call, Jong Kook slowly took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter