Step 35: Prompt The Question

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo's mind went blank. Now she has about 10 minutes before Jong Kook arrived at her office's lobby. That man was so determined to meet her even she has rejected him over and over. At that moment, Ji Hyo felt trapped by her own decision. She couldn't run away and hide any more. She has to face him although she wasn't ready for it. Sooner or later, they need to talk things through and just be honest about everything. "Yeon Su aah.. can you help me to reschedule my meeting with the JN Group CEO to Friday? I have something urgent to attend," Ji Hyo heaved a sigh after sending instruction to her secretary via the phone.

 

Her eyes glanced at the clock. Jong Kook would definitely be there soon - but she's yet to prepare an answer to his question. Ji Hyo closed her eyes for a while to find her inner peace, but her memories of the Unlucky Brothers kept replaying vividly in her mind. She began to massage her temple and mumbled on her own, "Otteoke? Come on, Ji Hyo.. think!". Then she got an idea. Ji Hyo immediately grabbed her handphone, and her fingers were swiftly typing a short message for that man.

 

There were just few people wandering at the lobby area when Jong Kook arrived. He went straight to the information counter to ask for a visitor's pass card, but didn't proceed after receiving a text message from Ji Hyo:

 

'Oppa, let's meet up at the Lake Cafe. I'll be there in 10 minutes.'

 

Though he preferred to walk there with her, Jong Kook still went to that place all alone. While waiting for Ji Hyo, he ordered a cup of tea for himself and a hot Americano for the lady. As time seemed to move slow, Jong Kook took a sip to calm his nervousness. He had a mix of feelings - excited, anxious and clueless at the same time. He wondered how Ji Hyo will react once she saw him. From the phone conversation that they just had, it seems that she was slightly 'uncomfortable' to meet him.

 

When Jong Kook turned his head to look at the main entrance, his eyes caught a presence of a woman in a wheelchair. He got up to offer help, but she firmly rejected by saying, "Let me do this myself, oppa. I'm already used to it." So Jong Kook returned to his seat, but his eyes never leave her face. Ji Hyo noticed the way he was staring at her, "You don't need to feel sorry for me, oppa. This is how I am today."

 

"Mian. I didn't mean to make you feel awkward or anything. I was just.. well I'm glad to finally see you. How have you been?"

"Been busy. I see that you still remember my favourite coffee oppa," Ji Hyo smiled and grabbed the hot Americano that was on the table.

He let out a small laugh, "I remember everything about you, Ji Hyo, except.."

"Except what?"

"Except

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter