Step 29: Prepare For Her Answer

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He entered the cafe and scanned for her presence, but it seems that she hasn't arrived. Jong Kook glanced at his wristwatch for a couple of time. He was slightly early for their meeting, so the first thing he did was finding a table at a quiet corner in oder to have a private conversation. Just five minutes afterwards, his named was called by a familiar voice. Jong Kook turned around and greeted back the person, "My dongsaeng! Great to see you again. Is Joong Ki with you?"

 

"Ah ni. I was from the gym.. had to practice for the tournament which is just tomorrow. Anyway, do you know why did she call us all here?" Gary was hoping that Jong Kook could provide a good explanation, but the muscular man only shrugged and shook his head. They both were clueless when receiving a text message from Ji Hyo - inviting them to talk over coffee after keeping silence since the 'kidnapping' incident. While the two were trying to figure out the answer, the youngest member of the Unlucky Brothers arrived and approached them with a smile, "Omo, Jong Kook hyung.. Gary hyung! Did I miss anything?"

 

Gary casually replied, "Aigoo my dongsaeng.. you just miss our Ji Hyo. She was here a minute ago and now she's gone. What took you so long?". "Jeongmal? Aish.. why didn't she wait for me? I had to skip all my meetings today just to meet my favourite noona," Joong Ki frowned in frustration, not knowing that his friends were only bluffing. Seeing the reaction of the young man made both Jong Kook and Gary burst into laughter. " Aigoo.. Joong Ki aah. You're such an innocent guy. Gary was just teasing you! Actually our princess hasn't arrived. So technically you're still on track with the time," Jong Kook smiled sheepishly whilst Joong Ki pouted his lips to protest.

 

The Unlucky Brothers went on with conversation about their daily lives, until Joong Ki asked a specific question to Jong Kook. "Hyung, do you keep in touch with noona or Eun Hye?"

"Why are you asking?" Jong Kook refused to answer as he wanted to know what the young man had in mind.

Joong Ki was slightly hesitated to share his view, "I was wondering.. maybe.. just maybe.. today.. she will give us the answer. You know.. about the marriage? It's this weekend, isn't it?"

 

No one responded. The three men heaved a long sigh. Somehow none of them felt comfortable with the possible outcome of that day, assuming that they could be the one who will be heartbroken with Ji Hyo's decision. Regardless whoever got chosen, someone had to give up their dream of marrying the Song's daughter. Even worse, their long-term friendship could have ended because of the same reason. At that point of time, there is no way to tell how each of them will react to the news. Unanimously the Unlucky Brothers locked eyes on each other, wondering if they all shared the same thought in their head.

 

"Annyeong. Mianhae.. I got stuck in traffic. Have yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter