Step 43: Confess Through A Letter

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joong Ki glanced at his wristwatch while his fingers were drumming on the table. His body language described how nervous he was when Jong Kook suddenly asked to meet him at a cafe near to his office. There were so many possibilities that could be the reason he was summoned by his hyung, but whatever that is - it must be something related to his 'wife'.

 

His small eyes caught a familiar figure walking towards him, which made Joong Ki's heart beating out of rhythm. He tried his best to remain calm and greeted the man with a sincere smile, "How have you been, hyung?". "Been busy.. and I'm sure you're too. So let's go straight to the point. Is it true.. what you've said to me about your marriage to Ji Hyo?" Jong Kook's voice was as serious as the look on his face.

 

"Jinjja, hyung. Why would I lie to you?"

"I don't know.. because you have lied to me once? Maybe it's easier to do it the second time," Jong Kook kept his eyes locked on Joong Ki, showing no sign of trust in the young man's words.

A heavy sigh escaped from Joong Ki's mouth, "Hyung, I'm sure you are very much aware of my true feeling towards Ji Hyo noona.. and if I want to be selfish, I would have just 'keep' our marriage and really make her 'my wife'. Why? Because she's already mine. Nothing should have stopped me from having a family with the woman I love.. yet I've decided to let her go. As a man who loves the same woman, can't you understand how difficult it was for me to make such decision?"

Jong Kook just kept silence.

Joong Ki continued, "Jaebal, hyung. Don't be consumed by anger and wasted the only opportunity you have to be with noona. You might not get a second chance.."

"Wait a second. What exactly is going on with Ji Hyo? Why did she.. and you too.. why do you guys keep saying as if she will be leaving?" Jong Kook became more curious as he began to imagine the worst.

However Joong Ki seemed a bit surprised, "Mwo? What did she told you?"

"She said something about her 'final day'.. and I want to know what does it mean. Are you guys hiding something other than your marriage?" Jong Kook was suspicious of his own best friend who seemed to be clueless. When Joong Ki was stammering to respond, he made a wild guess, "I'm sure you know the answer since you're her husband. Be honest, Joong Ki. Is Ji Hyo.. still sick? The surgery was successful.. right?"

It took a while for Joong Ki to reply, "Hyung, I can't tell you more cause I think it's better for you to hear it directly from noona herself. But please.. appreciate her while you can.. or you will regret it."

 

The short meeting with Joong Ki made Jong Kook driving his way home in tears. Not only he regretted for what he did, but Jong Kook also now aware of how much time left that he has with Ji Hyo. He decided to take a night off from performing at the club as his emotion was really unstable. Once he got into his room, Jong Kook went to his working desk - picked up a pencil and a piece of paper. He began working on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter